#3425 Jan 15, 2013
www.tina.turner.does.trix.com

check it out!!!!!!!!!!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3426 Jan 15, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>That's impressive you found that. It doesn't sound like something you'd read about in the paper or hear of on the news.
Thanks, but it's no big deal.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#3427 Jan 15, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it turns out I don't have Java on my machine at all. I thought I did but when I looked through the programs there was nothing like that. What do you mean when you say java is necessary for topix? I guess I wouldn't know because apparently I never had it. Or maybe I am overlooking it but I just don't see it on my machine.
I'm using Firefox. I went to [Tools]/[Options] and Unchecked [Enable Javascript] and came back to Topix.

Nothing worked. No judgits, No Reply, nothing. So I went back and re-checked [Enable Javascript] and Topix worked just fine.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Colchester, UK

#3428 Jan 16, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I ran across this today.
http://www.technewsdaily.com/16359-disable-ja... ?
There is an alliterative to java shthead script and that getting yourself a real computer that works whether you spend fruitless hours updating systems programs - and that is getting a Mac.

Expensive but worth every penny, you even have on-board spell checker for topic as everything else.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Colchester, UK

#3429 Jan 16, 2013
Yes evolution and time conforms to regressive reductionism.
[if you take the point that two atoms colliding or rubbing together to form a big bang phenomenon in another regressive reductionism ad infinities.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Colchester, UK

#3430 Jan 16, 2013
Mor than 50 million planet was wipe out today when the gods depleted orion nebulae and its energy field blow holes in each and every planet. The recognised solar system apart from Earth that wasn't on the list of survivors.

If you think this isn't true get your fcuking head read chumps.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Colchester, UK

#3431 Jan 16, 2013
To clarify
jupiter and all its moon made it.
saturn and its moons made it
venus mercury and mars made it

8 planets out of the trad. 9 made it earth didn't

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Colchester, UK

#3432 Jan 16, 2013
want crab nebula 1 and 2 spaceship algebraic geometry + note books + work books

then double click on topic profile picture.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Colchester, UK

#3433 Jan 16, 2013
TESCO on line isn't real TESCO

Just like you name it isn't what you think it is on line another trans world congloarate its been confirmed.

2 more days to get crab nebula 1 and 2 free from profile

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3434 Jan 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm using Firefox. I went to [Tools]/[Options] and Unchecked [Enable Javascript] and came back to Topix.
Nothing worked. No judgits, No Reply, nothing. So I went back and re-checked [Enable Javascript] and Topix worked just fine.
That's weird. Topix seems to work alright for me except for occasionally kicking me offline (sometimes it doesn't happen at all and sometimes it happens every few minutes). Originally I thought it had something to do with whether Java was installed but my parent's computer has Java and occasionally gets kicked offline too when I use it to visit topix.

My brother in law, the computer guru who cleans my computer when it gets "hit", says he doesn't trust the topix site. Makes ya wonder if it's the site itself or the hackers within. I used to get viruses more when I was active on topix. Now I'm not hardly involved here anymore, at least nothing controversial for the most part, and it seems I'm virus free for a long time now, goin on two years now.

Location hidden

#3436 Jan 17, 2013
That last post sent me to the "warning" page where it tells you to,
"please refrain from using profanity....".

"kick me" must be profane. Or is "offline" profane? I think it thinks I got kicked in the "offline";
"ouch my offline hurts"!
"I see you lookin at my offline"
"kiss my offline"

Location hidden

#3438 Jan 17, 2013
SoE

Hey I was wondering if you knew of any tricks to get a tree to heal itself after getting a limb cut off? I may have stumbled on something myself but it may have been a fluke. I'm trying to preserve a big maple. The limbs were cut for a year or two. They were only like 3 inch diameter wounds so I didn't apply anything to them but then decided I should. Usually I use roofing tar but I was out so I used some neoprene rubber caulk (designed for roofs). Well after another year I peeled the rubber off and there was skin underneath! I never had that kind of luck with the tar and am having a heck of a time getting some other wounds to heal. Now I'm having a hard time finding the neoprene.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the neoprene uses a much stronger solvent like THF or toluene rather than the mineral spirits used in roofing tar? Or did I just get lucky on that one?
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3439 Jan 18, 2013
Pokay wrote:
SoE
Hey I was wondering if you knew of any tricks to get a tree to heal itself after getting a limb cut off? I may have stumbled on something myself but it may have been a fluke. I'm trying to preserve a big maple. The limbs were cut for a year or two. They were only like 3 inch diameter wounds so I didn't apply anything to them but then decided I should. Usually I use roofing tar but I was out so I used some neoprene rubber caulk (designed for roofs). Well after another year I peeled the rubber off and there was skin underneath! I never had that kind of luck with the tar and am having a heck of a time getting some other wounds to heal. Now I'm having a hard time finding the neoprene.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the neoprene uses a much stronger solvent like THF or toluene rather than the mineral spirits used in roofing tar? Or did I just get lucky on that one?
The most important step is where you make the cut and how.
for a tree to heal properly the cut must be made so the branch collar is not damaged.The collar is what grows over the cut.
this should move you about 1/4 to 1 in away from the main trunk.
The collar may produce buds that will start a new limb.
farther out on a limb cut back to the branch you wish to be the terminal point(trying to cut in a way that incorprates the terminal limb collar growing over the cut)
Go out aways cut off the limb then move back on the stub and cut around the outer edge of the collar with a knife(remember no collar damage) then cut off the stub with a saw etc.
up to about 3 in i use a Japanese pruning saw (the more valuable trees)
I never use asphalt type sealers any longer...
The recomended way to seal is with latex paint mixed 50/50 with water...

The only place i would consider asphalt might be cypress or electrons tree located in the pond...:-)

This i learned from Ernie Brubaker a tree surgeon of 50 + yrs
and varified by the local extension service...
Love those trees...hope this helps
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3440 Jan 18, 2013
The problem i've found using asphalt sealer is water can get behind the layer and start a decaying process...It's also toxic to the cambium ..
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3441 Jan 18, 2013
Pokay wrote:
SoE
You may be on to something...toluene would have a much faster evaporation rate and the potential to do less damage to heart wood.. and cambium
If contamination of the wound is a problem i would address that'
I guess a tree wound isn't much different than a human wound...
there are some wound coverings applyed to people now that may work well for trees in some circumstances (sprays ect)

Location hidden

#3442 Jan 19, 2013

Lapeer, MI

#3443 Jan 19, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be on to something...toluene would have a much faster evaporation rate and the potential to do less damage to heart wood.. and cambium
If contamination of the wound is a problem i would address that'
I guess a tree wound isn't much different than a human wound...
there are some wound coverings applyed to people now that may work well for trees in some circumstances (sprays ect)
Trees are also like people in another way: the older they get, the more they need prunes.

Lapeer, MI

#3444 Jan 19, 2013
SoE wrote:
The problem i've found using asphalt sealer is water can get behind the layer and start a decaying process...It's also toxic to the cambium ..
From nano's link:

"Trees naturally close wounds that result from branch removal, so ideally, pruning wounds should be left to close without any help from you."

Martha Stewart told me this once over a lunch of Mussels and Insider Trading Tips.

Location hidden

#3445 Jan 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
From nano's link:
"Trees naturally close wounds that result from branch removal, so ideally, pruning wounds should be left to close without any help from you."
Martha Stewart told me this once over a lunch of Mussels and Insider Trading Tips.
Was she also knitting you a mussel cozy at the time?
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3446 Jan 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
From nano's link:

Under favorable conditions true...
Depending on how the limb was removed, the size and other environmental conditions it may be wise to cover the wound...
I have found that root damage on one side of a tree,at times, can cause bark shedding at the trunk.
This can leave more than half the trunk exposed. I coat the exposed wood until i can coax root growth...
That happened to a apple i have in the front yard . The cause of the bark loss was due to sun scald.
Martha Stewart..? I believe it was John McAfee that called into question some of her tree surgery techniques.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 36 min Paul Porter1 20,524
Bitcoin News 6 hr enjoybitcoins 1
[iTunes Data Recovery] How to Recover Notes fro... (May '13) 15 hr Tomsen 23
News Sunseeker Energy Holding AG and Nations Roof Pl... (Sep '09) 17 hr amed20 85
70-481, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 70-481 exa... 19 hr ds70416exa 1
70-467, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 70-467 exam q... 19 hr ds70416exa 1
70-464, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 70-464 exam q... 19 hr ds70416exa 1
More from around the web