Is Time An Illusion?
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3037 Nov 20, 2012
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text> I think you would have at least a whole lot of evidence based on results of personal experiences and scientists have had enough time now to actually study longer term effects on rats, cattle and humans. If those ingesting GMO foods are getting sick and then eliminating them from their diet shows dramatic improvements,I say translation is don't eat the stuff that makes you sick.
Well, i do try not to eat the stuff that makes me sick.
I guess i just feel uncomfortable lumping this subject into a broad generality.
It does seem food allergies are increasing and at this point i believe i can attribute that to a number of enviro issues...
Do i believe statistically it is safer to eat foods with a long genetic history...yes.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3038 Nov 20, 2012
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>The sun is doing some pretty gnarly stuff these days. A good reason not to rely on technology too much.
er..ok..perhaps this might help with the gnarlier aspects...
www.solarham.net/

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#3039 Nov 20, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, i do try not to eat the stuff that makes me sick.
I guess i just feel uncomfortable lumping this subject into a broad generality.
It does seem food allergies are increasing and at this point i believe i can attribute that to a number of enviro issues...
Do i believe statistically it is safer to eat foods with a long genetic history...yes.
Statistically, it is safer to stop eating completely. That way, you avoid all possibility of suffering side effects.

Forever.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3040 Nov 20, 2012
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, I'm with you. Although I will probably go to my store and buy some groceries.
I found an organic coffee that doesn't leave that nasty, coffee after-taste. I still prefer tea but now I have something that I can serve to guests and not have to apologize for. It's called Cafe' Altura and it's so smooth it doesn't need cream and sugar. I think it would make a great item in a gift basket of organic foods.
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3041 Nov 20, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistically, it is safer to stop eating completely. That way, you avoid all possibility of suffering side effects.
Forever.
Perhaps true...i like the effects on this side not knowing about the other. This side seems to have an up side..:-)

Location hidden

#3042 Nov 20, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Forever.
I like to buy organic, heirloom seeds every year to keep as many non GMO plants around as possible, especially tomatoes. I've got some that are almost ready for picking now that are so sweet and mellow eaten straight from the vine. They don't have much in common with store tomatoes other than their color.

Location hidden

#3043 Nov 20, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Har..har..har..
Aye,...you be a hard woman matey..:-)
I'm not hard, just tired of being bent, folded and mutilated by crazed shoppers.

Location hidden

#3044 Nov 20, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps true...i like the effects on this side not knowing about the other. This side seems to have an up side..:-)
Is the up side a side if time travels in circles?

Lapeer, MI

#3045 Nov 20, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Is the up side a side if time travels in circles?
If so, we're on the same side:}
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3046 Nov 21, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Well, it's off to see the doc today...
(experencing minor difficulties...have positive up angle ..will keep you informed) The last message from the Thresher before time
for them ceased as we experience it...
For me at this point in time a positive up angle is the up side..

Location hidden

#3047 Nov 21, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
(experencing minor difficulties...have positive up angle ..will keep you informed) The last message from the Thresher before time
hmmm...I'm rooting for your up side to stay on the right side...I think....
SoE

Rozet, WY

#3048 Nov 21, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>hmmm...I'm rooting for your up side to stay on the right side...I think....
Tnx...:-)

Lapeer, MI

#3049 Nov 21, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish you well. Catch you on the flip-side:}

Lapeer, MI

#3050 Nov 21, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I like to buy organic, heirloom seeds every year to keep as many non GMO plants around as possible, especially tomatoes. I've got some that are almost ready for picking now that are so sweet and mellow eaten straight from the vine. They don't have much in common with store tomatoes other than their color.
I have tasted and grown some really oddball heirloom tomatoes that have flavors that are out of this world. Black, Yellow, White, Red and every type and flavor in between. I loved 'em and, you're right, they have nothing in common with the supermarket's red, tasteless mushballs.

The problem for me, though, is the allocation of personal time. To pursue the path of non-GMO consumption, individuals need to grow their own because right now 80% of all we consume is already GMO food source and keeps climbing. How much time am I willing to slice off of my daily routine to pursue the purist life?

I could revert back to my primate roots, become a Luddite living in a coconut grove on a remote New Zealand island living off of Sand Radishes and Shave & Shower only on Christmas every other year. But I am not an extremist in that sense. We all make choices.
That's not to say, however, that we can't all rethink our choices, too.

Lapeer, MI

#3051 Nov 21, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Are you aware of the term "Codec"? COmpression/DECompression software techniques for Multimedia? Compressed files(Zipped)?

Perfect Compression doesn't exist for us humans, of course. If it did, we could compress any digital file to 1 or 0 which would then remove any distinction between files leaving us with nonsense data.

So, theoretically, we can compress maybe down to 99% perhaps(doubtful but, in theory, perhaps). All of this is fine and dandy but the flip-side to Compression is Decompression. There is always a trade-off in our schemes of efficiency. The trade-off with data compression is how much overhead we willing to tolerate with using the necessary software to Decompress files.

Bear with me here. I am leading up to something.

If I am able to Compress a 10 Gigabyte file down to, say, 100 Megabytes, it might be impressive until I find that my Decompression is very slow and tedious using software that is 20 Gigabytes long. Any on-the-fly Compression/Decompression scheme needs to be fast. There are many trade-offs to wallow through with Codecs. Ultimately, optimization is key to any Codec scheme.

Now. Imagine the Big Bang as an almost incomprehensibly highly compressed file of Reality. 13.7 billion years later, the Decompression of that file is still unfolding(being decompressed) into what it must ultimately become: an uncompressed file of an Ultimate Reality.

Up until this moment, the Compressed Reality file has been changing into what it truly must be at this moment unlike any other moment that has preceded or will follow. Each Decompression instant is unique. This approach or concept to the Reality of an expanding universe would make it, strangely enough, a Compressed version of a deterministic cosmos. The Universe is unfolding just as it should at each instant as it emerges from a Compressed state, Compressed both physically and procedurally.

Time, in this concept, is the Decompression software of the Universe(God).

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3052 Nov 21, 2012
[QUOTE who-"SoE"]Well, it would seem we have the same physical structure...
Mine came about thru 3 yrs of declining health and surgeries.
3 yrs. ago i was out in minus 14/16 deg and with wind.. a chill factor of abt -70...
Even with ultra lite equip. Sleeping bag system (16lb)&tent and all the other gear i would have to make 3-5 trips everytime i moved.
I was preping for 14k then 20....The 60k+ Everest costs make that goal out !
So far my oxy level is 98 to 100% although i would have to be checked for supplemental oxy probably above 12 -14k I'm really to old for all this...
All i know about my neighbor is his wife is/was a big part of his climbing...:-)[/QUOTE]I don't think my body is able to utilize the food like it should.

The good ol days. Don't think I'll ever again go out into the Wind River range like I used to. Very fond memories though. We would hike ten miles over Jack-Ass Pass (really that's what it's called) with monster backpacks to basecamp. I'll never forget the feeling of 3,000 ft of vertical exposure on some of the climbs.

I still have all the drive I ever had but haven't the bodily joints to go with it. Kinda like being all cranked up and nowhere to go.
You should give the above link a watch. Before we run out of time.

Location hidden

#3053 Nov 21, 2012
I leave the room and all heck breaks loose. Alright, I admit it, my sock is Oogar the Booger, I mean Ooogah Boogah, dang I have so many socks I can't remember which is which :)

Location hidden

#3054 Nov 21, 2012
Oh man, I leave the room and I forget how to post. I included a quote from bt9 that I was going to respond to in SoE's post. Oh well, bare with me, on the count of three all take your socks off.

Location hidden

#3055 Nov 21, 2012
[QUOTE who-"SoE"]I was preping for 14k then 20....The 60k+ Everest costs make that goal out !
[/QUOTE]You were prepping for an Everest climb? And it costs 60 grand? Dang.

Highest I've ever been was like 14,000. I used to get off on rock wall exposure and the most I've gotten was between 3 and 4 thousand as it's hard to find much more than that for much less than 60K :)

Location hidden

#3056 Nov 21, 2012
Dang I did it again. I friggin mistyped the quoteblocks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 25 min hpcaban 27,414
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) 35 min The Last Warrior ... 21
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 41 min hpcaban 8,220
News Snug as a Bug: The Hated Cockroach Inspires a H... 2 hr JANE 1
News Canada's secret bid to stop Russian hackers 3 hr Tm Clm 7
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 4 hr One way or another 179,488
News Implantable device translates thought into acti... 6 hr Pokay 2
More from around the web