Is Time An Illusion?

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2735 Oct 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
I saw an article last week that was much better than these but can't find it now.

Anyhoo, this one's close.

http://www.physics.org/featuredetail.asp ...

Wires are ugly but I'm not looking forward to stray waves hitting me egglettes, ergo, the metal underoos. lol, not to mention I wouldn't want to be rendered ass muted. So many posters here claim I'm talking out my ass, ya know? Geez, I feel an expression of intense meaning coming on as of this very moment. xD
Ass muted. Gotta love it. I can't wait to use that on somebody tomorrow. If you ever got a larynxectomy I would call you a fine ass mute. So that goes to show you that one can mute their ass or they can get their ass muted; sounds like the same thing but if you read it right they are two different things. The latter being akin to getting one's ass fired. The boss knows a person's ass is not removable.

Anyway, I wouldn't be too in a hurry about that electric source. Wouldn't that mean we would have to bathe in a magnetic field orders of magnitude higher than what we experience now? Besides, how do you get an electrical output without an electrical input? Or is the goal just to get rid of household wiring? My God, if they can make it work they will, just think how much money they can make if everyone had to convert.

Location hidden

#2736 Oct 31, 2012
The answer to the corn cob question is you would go farther in the summer because there would be more vapor pressure to keep gas getting to the fuel pump for a longer time. Was it too easy or just too boring to respond to?:)

If it was too hard then hey, there's no harm in guessing, look at how I embarrass myself on a regular basis :)

Well, I do embarrassing things but I don't get embarrassed. Strange I know.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#2737 Oct 31, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Yea I never would have thought of that; I just thought they were being cheap. That sounds logical; yea I can't imagine that burying cables works very well in the mountain regions.
I'd like to bury my line from the street but for me it's not aesthetics; it's that I have a big 3-stalk maple that will yank that line right off the side of my house one of these days in a wind storm. I've trimmed the tree down but it's a toss up between keeping my power line intact and keeping the invaluable shade that tree provides in summer.
That is a tough choice to make between beautiful trees and your power line, isn't it?

Lapeer, MI

#2738 Oct 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm considering investing in foil panties, just in case.
http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_giler_demos_wir... .
Broken link.....I'd like to see those panties...

Lapeer, MI

#2739 Oct 31, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you are a do it yourselfer. I am as well; pretty much can handle most things though I actually paid someone to put in an air injection system for removing sulfur and iron from my well water. And the older I get it seems the less time I have (is that because I am getting slower and less efficient and can't live on fast food anymore?) so I may one day soon have to resort to paying others once in awhile for services.
You realize....that if everyone was like us .....there would be no economy? But of course if that was the way it was from the beginning then we'd be better off but it's hard to go from what we had in the recent past to 'joblessness'.
Self-reliance is an important trait and one to be proud of. But what does an older person have to offer if they can't continue being self-reliant? Wisdom? Kindness?

A Will?

:}

Lapeer, MI

#2740 Oct 31, 2012
Pokay wrote:
Anyway, I follow you. Yea I forgot that well pumps are usually 220 and so I would never attempt to back feed my panel with both 220 and 120 either. I couldn't tell you if two lines are out of phase by 90 or 180 but I do understand the two phases in a 220 system and how to wire them up. I bought a 50 ft #6 (?) cable for my mig welder (when I put in my wood stove and had to weld "on location") like ten years ago and it wasn't too expensive but forget it now. But even back then, my ex's brother in law, an electrician, bartered with me; I put a roof on his house, my work valued at $1500.00, and he provided me with and connected 130 ft of #2 or #3 cable (can't remember) to feed my tig welder and the rest of my barn plus he gave me a service panel with the main breaker (no other breakers)...and he called it even, and even thought that his part was bigger than mine so I treated everyone to a night out or something like that.
I can't imagine what that cable would cost today. Actually I *can* tell you. 15 years ago the price was 1/3 of the current price. Same thing with roofing materials.(While wages, in the trades, have gone the other way). That cable job would cost me $4500 today.
Let's see, I can either buy a good used truck or I can wire my barn. Damn this is really out of hand. Maybe it's their way of slowing human expansion and land development?
I don't mind long winded responses; I hope you don't either :)
Plus, the cost of Copper has skyrocketed since China woke up. Ask plumbers, electricians and scrapyard dealers.

And Cops who investigate stolen house wire and plumbing cases.

The cost of electrical work is 'shocking'.

Lapeer, MI

#2741 Oct 31, 2012
Pokay wrote:
Though it did occur to me that if I was out of power for an extended amount of time and I had nowhere else to stay I would probably do something like splice a permanent male extension cord end onto the line that goes to my well pump using a junction box to house the connections then I would make an extension cord (#6 or 8?) even though it would be a little expensive for the wire.
The thing I'm not sure I understand about what you did though is this. You said you plugged in the generator in an existing socket in order to back feed the panel. My generator only has female plugs if I remember right. And a wall socket is female. So did you make a cord with two male ends in order to make the connection? Or are you saying your generator has a male plug just for back feeding?
You're right to assume I made cords with both ends Male. Actually, I've made 4 of them now. The generator outlets are all female. I get a little tickle from powering the house in emergency situations. Just for the hell of it, during the last power outage, I turned on my Table Saw to see if the generator could handle it. It did - with flying colors. No flickering or dimming garage lights as I did it. Tried out my Drill Press. Cool. The only thing I'd like to do further beyond installing the Transfer Switch Box(which I've had sitting in the basement now for almost a year) is to install a Natural Gas Carb on the generator and then a NG outlet to feed the generator outside. I've already installed the exterior 220V Generator Inlet and made up a 20' Power Cord for it. This eliminates potential trips to a Gas Station during extended wide area power outages. I could have to drive 50 miles to find a working Gas Station but, with NG, I could run the generator until the cows came home or the chickens come home to roost or until Hell freezes over...

The exterior 220V Generator Inlet Box has a male plug in it facing 45 degrees downward. When you plug in the cord and turn it, the cord is locked into the outlet. Then, you drop down the weatherproof door and hook your key-lock into the door latch. This way, no one can unplug your EXPENSIVE cord and run away with it during the night.

I suppose you could find a way to temporarily hook up and run a 220V Well Pump with the generator but, as I see it, the work involved would be better utilized just setting up the proper system in the first place(Transfer Switch, Conduit, Exterior Inlet Box, etc.) We've all known of people who work harder at finding ways to get out of work than to just do the damned work in the first place. This here is a similar situation, I suppose.

Lapeer, MI

#2742 Oct 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You should keep a rain barrel at one edge of your garage for electrical outages.
Anytime I suspect the power might go off I fill the old washing machine I have in my garage so I have plenty for flushing toilets, doing dishes, etc. It usually lasts as long as the power is out.
I can tolerate no internet but I gotta have water. Stinky is unacceptable.
Funny you mention it. It was cold, raining and windy but I ran down the muddy banks of the pond next door with big buckets and filled up for toilet flushing. I feel a strong need to cover my tracks:}

Lapeer, MI

#2743 Oct 31, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Dang lentil chips.
Bible: "This, too, shall pass"

Lapeer, MI

#2744 Oct 31, 2012
Pokay wrote:
The answer to the corn cob question is you would go farther in the summer because there would be more vapor pressure to keep gas getting to the fuel pump for a longer time. Was it too easy or just too boring to respond to?:)
If it was too hard then hey, there's no harm in guessing, look at how I embarrass myself on a regular basis :)
Well, I do embarrassing things but I don't get embarrassed. Strange I know.
Embarrassment is mostly a state of mind learned from others through childhood experience.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Oxford, UK

#2745 Oct 31, 2012
Time is an illusion and the world is phoney as a television soap.
Time is an illusion and all the money that you'll ever touch belongs to somebody else.
Time is an illusion and all the while whilst your thinking your wasting time on empty thoughts that were worst than no thoughts at all.
Time is an illusion whilst your thinking empty thought isn't it a waste on the meaningful thoughts your never have.
Time is an illusion and whilst i think i own not a sentence of what i think.
Time is an illusion whilst i say something anything i actually own nothing at all of what i say so i might as well say nothing at all cos saying something empty right i a frigging drain on resources yea resources on all those frigging meaningful things i'll never say.
I'll think yea i'm an unusual type of guy kinda weird looking outside the box its tremendously dark here so i'll think i'll stay closer to the light somehow.
But i think that someday someway i'll say everything i want to say about everything to each a every right person.
Hell i've tried but how we fail aye how we try try try our little hearts out but how we fail fail fail how we darn well screw up.
Yea Life is an illusion.
An life with out time is just one long darn thing.
Hip experience.
No seriously we are all trapped into a world that is a frigging nightmare any of you halloween fans well you can frigging get the hell out this space you darn ape.
That when i remember gamma radiation or a built in apple spell checker or both anyhow.
Take me to your leader.
No gamma radiation right and what that does to neutron cell clusters of say a neutron bomb.
Well in gamma you have a continuum you have a god dam loop is what you have now.
No i am not drunk hip or maybe just a teeny weeny bit.
So you have an continuum of gamma ray neutron bombs going off ad infinitum.
Where is the time between one neutron bomb exploding and another neutron bomb exploding?
Its gone and its frozen in time.
In a continuum that is what you have.
Hyperspace a world where everything is the darn same and everything freezes at the very point of being.
What is a planet?
Answer a vacuum of hyperspace.
Think about it!
The whole of time itself is frozen.
The whole darn world is like a frozen lake out of say swan lake.
Where evolution comes or life itself is as the swans.
Isn't that beautiful as the swans.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2746 Oct 31, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds crunchy. You could never walk into the grocery store like that
Maybe for fun you could connect some wire to the panties and to a 9V battery on the other end. We might be onto something here.
Or are you talking about harnessing your own bodily electricity? Maybe we are walking generators and don't know it? Don't let the power company find out you know about that.
The link didn't work.
Ok. Maybe this will work.

http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_giler_demos_wir...

Location hidden

#2747 Oct 31, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-reliance is an important trait and one to be proud of. But what does an older person have to offer if they can't continue being self-reliant? Wisdom? Kindness?
A Will?
A Will? That's a good one. But seriously, "Kindness" is always nice. And since you mention it, it would be nice to try imparting unto others (dang that sounds so biblical)a 'will .......to strive, and to survive, and to love life' would also be nice.

Wisdom though? That's a tough one to impart. Do we really think a kid is going to be careful using the logsplitter just because we, as 'the old and wise', tell the kid to be careful? There might be a ubiquitous way to impart wisdom. And no I'm not gonna write it as, "an ubiquitous" because, "a ubiquitous" is the only way it sounds good. Good isn't right?:)

Location hidden

#2749 Nov 1, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. Maybe this will work.
http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_giler_demos_wir...
You really do have a knack for finding info. Nice video. Nice invention. They're talking about transfering electricity at a distance? That can't be it. I think they mean transfering/inducing the magnetic field to/at another coil at a distance, right?

Can't we harness Earth's magnetic field?

Location hidden

#2750 Nov 1, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right to assume I made cords with both ends Male. Actually, I've made 4 of them now. The generator outlets are all female. I get a little tickle from powering the house in emergency situations. Just for the hell of it, during the last power outage, I turned on my Table Saw to see if the generator could handle it. It did - with flying colors. No flickering or dimming garage lights as I did it. Tried out my Drill Press. Cool. The only thing I'd like to do further beyond installing the Transfer Switch Box(which I've had sitting in the basement now for almost a year) is to install a Natural Gas Carb on the generator and then a NG outlet to feed the generator outside. I've already installed the exterior 220V Generator Inlet and made up a 20' Power Cord for it. This eliminates potential trips to a Gas Station during extended wide area power outages. I could have to drive 50 miles to find a working Gas Station but, with NG, I could run the generator until the cows came home or the chickens come home to roost or until Hell freezes over...
The exterior 220V Generator Inlet Box has a male plug in it facing 45 degrees downward. When you plug in the cord and turn it, the cord is locked into the outlet. Then, you drop down the weatherproof door and hook your key-lock into the door latch. This way, no one can unplug your EXPENSIVE cord and run away with it during the night.
I suppose you could find a way to temporarily hook up and run a 220V Well Pump with the generator but, as I see it, the work involved would be better utilized just setting up the proper system in the first place(Transfer Switch, Conduit, Exterior Inlet Box, etc.) We've all known of people who work harder at finding ways to get out of work than to just do the damned work in the first place. This here is a similar situation, I suppose.
I'm kinda out in the country but I'm within a few miles of a gas station. You must really be "out there". Good idea with the natural gas.

Lapeer, MI

#2751 Nov 1, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>You really do have a knack for finding info. Nice video. Nice invention. They're talking about transfering electricity at a distance? That can't be it. I think they mean transfering/inducing the magnetic field to/at another coil at a distance, right?
Can't we harness Earth's magnetic field?
Shades of Tesla. He believed we could transmit power through the air around the entire globe. Induction is hardly new but the latest attempts are ones using resonance and, because gadgets today use far less power than anything comparable in the past, this induction at a distance thing can become optimal even though being very wasteful at the same time. What's a few micro-watts lost across a room, eh?

Lapeer, MI

#2752 Nov 1, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I'm kinda out in the country but I'm within a few miles of a gas station. You must really be "out there". Good idea with the natural gas.
During the last big outage here - four days - generators were running dry. I didn't have one at that time and suffered!! A neighbor told me later that he had to drive almost half-way across the state to get more gasoline for his generator. Wow. Think of the inefficiencies involved here.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Oxford, UK

#2753 Nov 1, 2012
Time is an illusion full stop or period.

We know that hyperspace is frozen space-time. But how can we prove something like that for the universe. We can't. We know that the world is in hyperspace space-time, and not any other kind of space-time. Because that the world looks flat from the inside and is global from the outer. Why do we trust the outer over the inner. When we spend most of our time there. Is because we want to believe in something different. Space of course warps. Hyperspace warps space-time. So the world is frozen space-time. And the clocks that go around and around they lie to us. Yes they do. Fact is that we are spending more of our daily lives either working or traveling. Its not until you hold your whole body still through spiritual meditation that you begin to see how improbable clocks are? As if twelve dials on a clock face wraps up something as complex as space-time. It doesn't. If we can through the powers of science to disbelieve our sense-perception and our sensual observations of reality that the world is flat; that by reason this is somehow wrong. Then you have the same right to utilised that power on something as small as a alarm clock or a pocket watch.

Science is a multifaceted discipline. Sensual observation is sometimes useful at other times useless. Take for example life itself. And what a graveyard to frozen space-time it is. White things are ancient. Red things are typically in the future to cyborgs and othe angelical beings. But in the past as far as gentiles are concerned even something like black is right up there with a gentile present: and we are in a very ancient quadrant of an even older star system.
But to cyborgs black things are extremely distant in the future. All these things all this stuff. Trapped and frozen in space-time. Everyone knows that a car to move needs petrol. Well just the car is frozen solid and cannot move be its own volition. But with an engine the car has the capability to break the symmetry. And only achieves this fantastic thing by the expenditure of petrol.

So for something to be able to move and break the frozen symmetry of frozen hyperspace space-time. Is soothing to have evolutionary design to move. Some particles to an atom are dead frozen solid an belong to another time-zone. Others are alive and are in motion. Its of making use of the right particles of an atom that determines whether or not it will ever move. In fact engineering is the science of striking the right balance between the use of living and frozen particles of an atom.

Many cosmologist are looking at space to predict big-bangs and the beginnings of time. Like everything in hyperspace is already frozen and that we need some first mover to make a beginning of the cosmos. But this is a fundamental mistake. It is quite the opposite synergy. Instead of starting from a frozen hyper spacial position, the cosmos never began not started. Because it always existed. And what happen was all the particles to an atom were living particles and were in motion. Another words the whole cosmos was in motion because there wasn't any hyperspace. Its through the evolutionary process that particles dispense there energy and die thus creating a hyper spaced space-time. Through evolutionary regression of energy life begins to freeze. Until we have the situation that we have today whereby, living particles live side by side dead frozen particles.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#2754 Nov 1, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A Will?
Self reliance is sometimes over sold .... I mean there's the guy who was home schooled and self taught.

..... just sayin ....

Location hidden

#2755 Nov 1, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Shades of Tesla. He believed we could transmit power through the air around the entire globe. Induction is hardly new but the latest attempts are ones using resonance and, because gadgets today use far less power than anything comparable in the past, this induction at a distance thing can become optimal even though being very wasteful at the same time. What's a few micro-watts lost across a room, eh?
I guess I can spare some; here's to micro watts. That was "a toast", not a misspelling; I didn't say, "here's two microwatts" :)

I can't help thinking about H.A.R.P. when I hear that kind of stuff. And I also keep thinking that if HARP was purely a scientific tool (used to expand knowledge) we would hear something once in awhile like, "using HARP we discoverred..." or, "the latest research using HARP..." but we never hear anything like that, do we? They might be expanding knowledge but not public knowledge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr NoahLovesU 19,153
New Periodic Table! (Apr '10) 2 hr Prof 20
Nitrogen Powered Hybrid Automobile (Dec '11) 4 hr messy chemists 254
News Russia's space program in crisis? 4 hr PUTIN MEANS FAILURE 1
News Updated NASA Data: Global Warming Not Causing A... 8 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 66
Anax Projects SCADA training with 100% Placement 9 hr Asha Jha 5
darkmillion 10 hr kerry 1
More from around the web