Is Time An Illusion?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#2656 Oct 26, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
The first x portion of my life was spent deciding which part of the sky i should choose to view. The second seems to be choosing a spot on the ground...
A position in Life is just as important as a position in Death?

Lapeer, MI

#2657 Oct 26, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Eureka...you may be on to something...a completely new field :-)
Perhaps it's gravity increasing as time passes...?
Our bodys are preset to accommodate the gravitional intensity of that at birth..?
I think you've got it backward.

On Monday morning, a person may be quite attractive but, as Time passes, they become more repulsive.

Until the next shower.

Lapeer, MI

#2658 Oct 26, 2012
the dark lord wrote:
Hyperspace is frozen.
Yes i believe time is actually frozen in third space.
Perfect Symmetry represents eternal stasis(like your frozen analogy). It is only with Broken Symmetry that things begin moving(Big Bang)and Creation blossoms.

Perhaps Time remains an Unbroken Symmetry containing another Broken Symmetry. IOWs, A calm, endless sea surface(Time)containing Waves(Creation).

Who broke the damned symmetry anyways?

Lapeer, MI

#2659 Oct 26, 2012
the dark lord wrote:
gameland meets alienware tsd
gameland damocles net
And when you watch the feminine side of mass media(Dr. Oz, The View, The Doctors, Dr. Phil, ad nauseum), you will witness American Exhibitionism meeting American Voyeurism.

Nancy: "Dr. Oz, my husband farts in his sleep. What can I do?"

Dr. Oz: "Can you show the audience the video clip you brought with you? Did you bring the sample along with you, too?"

This is called Broken Social Symmetry. Nothing happens on TV until Exhibitionism collides with Voyeurism. Then the networks make money.
SoE

United States

#2660 Oct 26, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A position in Life is just as important as a position in Death?
I'm not sure... Perhaps the position in death may only be meaningful while alive....
Then again...?
SoE

United States

#2661 Oct 26, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
On Monday morning, a person may be quite attractive but, as Time passes, they become more repulsive.
Until the next shower.
With the constant uncontrolled shower of extraterrestrial particulates one gains mass and becomes less attractive ?
...or the next shower enhances beauty ?

Lapeer, MI

#2662 Oct 26, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
With the constant uncontrolled shower of extraterrestrial particulates one gains mass and becomes less attractive ?
Planets gain and lose weight. So do people.

Planets can experience weight loss through volcanism, cosmic bombardment and Solar chemistry. The Earth is losing atmosphere as we speak due to many causes one of which is atmospheric heat expansion. More so during political speeches.

A planet's weight gain can happen with only the proper showers of proper sized material moving at the optimal speed for capture. A high speed flash at the uppermost atmospheric layer might vaporize any material with most of it trailing off into where it just came from.

A roasting Venus and Mercury boiled off much of their atmosphere but the remaining atmosphere consists largely of chemically released gases because of the Sun. Planets without magnetic fields cannot enjoy the shielding is gives the atmosphere from Solar activities. A few Solar ejection hits can blow away a planet's entire atmosphere. That's a lot of weight loss.

So meteor showers are a mixed bag in the sense of weight changes.
Humans taking a meteor shower would come out with absolutely glowing skin tones.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2663 Oct 26, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Until the next shower.
Dawn sings.

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2012/10/02/listen-wha...

Twilight sighs.

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2664 Oct 26, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Once Upon A Time, I would confidently state that nothing happens without Time. No longer. QE has changed all that. The mystery just deepens.
QE (as is everything else) is observed from our *perspective*. So time could still be an integral part of our reality. But there's not much telling for sure.
Pinocchio was actually a forgotten piece of Italian Erotica at one time. A guy with a big trunk enjoyed lying to women and getting away with it. This really turned him on. That's where the term "Woody" came from. The publisher, however, learned that, as a children's story with a good Life's lesson lying between the lines reached a much larger audience. So poor Pinocchio's sex life went down the drain and his nose got the business instead.
Looks can have surprisingly little to do with attraction. Personality is a tremendous draw and will continue to be going forward. How in the Hell did Adam & Eve know what handsome and pretty even meant?
"Gee, Adam. You are one big hunk of a man!"
Compared to who?", says Adam. "A Chipmunk?"
Ha! Good point about Adam and Eve. We can't be sure their names were Adam and Eve but we can be pretty sure their names were *not* Adam and Steve.

I don't know, I bet Pinocchio had a pretty good sex life. There's something called the "accomodater", it's a chin-mounted dildo (by way of a chinstrap of course) and it is supposed to enhance oral sex. I bet they sell a heck of a lot of accomodaters, and pinnochio had a built in accomodation feature, so he must have been a big hit, just that he never became famous for it :)

Location hidden

#2665 Oct 26, 2012
I still say time is integral. QE may not be questioning time but it may be questioning our reality

Location hidden

#2666 Oct 26, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Still, have you ever wondered why they oil those cucumbers up at the store?:]
For women that can't wait to get home?

OK so I'm bordering on distasteful but I couldn't resist saying it.

Location hidden

#2667 Oct 26, 2012
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that would be cool to find an aftermarket/replacement shower head that had the following options :
1) stream
2) jet
3) pulse
4) extraterrestrial particulates

Lapeer, MI

#2668 Oct 26, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Dawn sings.
http://www.ecorazzi.com/2012/10/02/listen-wha...
Twilight sighs.
It is strangely reminiscent of my childhood Summer nights lying in bed with the windows open while drifting off to sleep listening to millions of frogs communing across the highway in a shallow gravel pit. Today, they are gone. Just as have those days and nights forever.

Lapeer, MI

#2669 Oct 26, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Now that would be cool to find an aftermarket/replacement shower head that had the following options :
1) stream
2) jet
3) pulse
4) extraterrestrial particulates
Some people still use Comet in their shower stalls.

Lapeer, MI

#2670 Oct 26, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> For women that can't wait to get home?
OK so I'm bordering on distasteful but I couldn't resist saying it.
Last week, I saw a woman in her car in the supermarket parking lot feverishly shucking an ear of corn and laughing.

Lapeer, MI

#2671 Oct 26, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text> QE (as is everything else) is observed from our *perspective*. So time could still be an integral part of our reality. But there's not much telling for sure.
<quoted text>Ha! Good point about Adam and Eve. We can't be sure their names were Adam and Eve but we can be pretty sure their names were *not* Adam and Steve.
I don't know, I bet Pinocchio had a pretty good sex life. There's something called the "accomodater", it's a chin-mounted dildo (by way of a chinstrap of course) and it is supposed to enhance oral sex. I bet they sell a heck of a lot of accomodaters, and pinnochio had a built in accomodation feature, so he must have been a big hit, just that he never became famous for it :)
So much of Time studies leave us frustrated for the fact that you can't measure it like any other quantity(Mass, Field Strength, Power, etc.). Time refuses to be dissected because all of our measurement tools work in Time - the material under measurement.

It has been theorized but not verified that Time could be integral(quantized). At some unfathomable level beyond the Planck Time, little quanta of Time tick off like sand grains through the hourglass and we can only sense the piles of sand in aggregate because of how we are constructed and integrated into this universe.

This brings up the specter of Quantum Entanglement. Could events or actions slip between those quantized bits of Time to trigger events on the other side of infinity and do so "instantly"??

If so, could this lead to an ability for one to pass through walls unscathed?

To slip through the wood grains of Pinocchio and accommodate him?
That wood bee one way to get a Woody, woodint it?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2672 Oct 27, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week, I saw a woman in her car in the supermarket parking lot feverishly shucking an ear of corn and laughing.
Maybe she was going to put the corn in somebody's gas tank.

Does gas dissolve corn?

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Banbury, UK

#2673 Oct 27, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect Symmetry represents eternal stasis(like your frozen analogy). It is only with Broken Symmetry that things begin moving(Big Bang)and Creation blossoms.
Perhaps Time remains an Unbroken Symmetry containing another Broken Symmetry. IOWs, A calm, endless sea surface(Time)containing Waves(Creation).
Who broke the damned symmetry anyways?
Break the symmetry a scratch the surface of frozen reality. You absolutely right the symmetry code has to be broken for life to begin to form: perhaps the first quantum mover was god and not a stem of free radical first riders in bacterium as first thought.

gamescape not gameland is coming to damocles net whatever so you can fart through many jet dreams of panty hose over and over again.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Banbury, UK

#2674 Oct 27, 2012
its been invented

its here

its really here

GAMESCAPE play ZOMBIEWARS

risk your life

to win loads of cash

double click profile photo to get started

or log on damocles net

Lapeer, MI

#2675 Oct 27, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe she was going to put the corn in somebody's gas tank.
Does gas dissolve corn?
I think you're thinking of Corn Ethanol:}

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min MIDutch 52,088
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 40 min par five 11,428
News Prominent climate-denying politician gets schoo... 16 hr Into The Night 82
News Judge Mayer's Concurrence in IV Shows the Probl... 16 hr DavidSBell 7
News When computers were human: the black women behi... 21 hr MITS Altair 8800 2
News What is going on at the Washington Post? 21 hr liberals suck 3
It's ironic, intellectual ventures need not pat... Sat wuxiang 2
More from around the web