“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2450 Oct 6, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>Hey that's great news; in another 50,000 years GMOs will be "natural" and maybe even organic. Monsanto forgot to consider that it takes a long time to adjust to something new. Big Pharma has it's heyday and then eventually there will be another "golden age of the hominids". I can't wait to walk around naked and eat the all too plentiful wild pistachios and blackberries (just one would be enough for a week's time, you know, GMOs just keep gettin bigger).
Technically, producers can call GMOs organic right now.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_food&quo... ;

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2451 Oct 6, 2012
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>I usually steer clear of the political (and from what I recall so do you shinning). What I will say is this...it took us 10 yrs to create debt from surplus...I think I will let Obama have 8 yrs to try to fix it. I just can't stomach the other guy. Don't get me wrong, I know Obama has shortcomings. Both Republican and Democratic presidents since George Bush Sr. have appointed ex Monsanto employees to key positions in our agriculture dept and the FDA. This is like putting the fox in the hen house. I choose to believe it has to do with them actually believing the lie that this is a beneficial bio-technology. Otherwise the only other explanation is a conspiracy to kill us and keep down the population. But why would they want ot kill their worker bees. They need us to keep the wheel turning and keep those profits coming in.
I don't think it's anything deliberate; it's just another case of an opportunity to insure disgusting amounts of income, and the more disgusting the amount of money the less they care how it may affect the world. And that includes themselves. I bet half the people out there don't care what happens to planet earth because they don't value life, maybe not even their own. I'm sure "they" talk about controlling the population but who can say if there is any truth to "chemtrails" type things.

I think they know the world is on a collision course with some big changes just from the status quo. Like shinning said we can't expect another garden of Eden, at least not until after these "big changes" when we can hope some human life survives.

I am concerned for earth and I am all for trying to make a difference but realistically I cannot call myself an environmentalist. I think some of the environmentalists are way over the top. I mean, like what's her name, Daryl Hanna, obstructing the trans Canada pipeline, as if we would rather pay 50 dollars a gallon of gas rather than 4. Seems like wasted energy, literally and figuratively. The fight against Monsanto is worth fighting because with enough interest we can make it illegal to engineer food, though of course we have to wonder if it'll be too late by then to go back.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#2452 Oct 6, 2012
Pokay wrote:
Quoted ya twice, responded once; I'm a topix rookie again.
Here's a thought. Separation leads to speciation and interbreeding/crossbreeding leads to despeciation....so it seems we're on the road to Oneness again. Just like the "infinite" unoverse, we will all wind up at the same place we started. One.
Zero only exists in math. It all starts at One.
But remember that, if we all evolve into one, one becomes the loneliest number. Being lonely inside of a crowd - "one" crowd - would still be the paradox of finding oneness. Nature spent billions of years sculpting creatures, Life forms that possess unique individual characteristics defining each one as unique in the entire cosmos and along comes some bald-headed Buddha clamoring for all to become One. Bizarre.

Zero exists not only in Math. If I remove all 5 apples from the table, there remain zero apples on the table. As long as those 5 apples still exists inside of this universe, we can safely say that zero defines a local characteristic and not an absolute encompassing reality. Those 5 apples were "moved" which left a Zero in one locality while a "Five" appeared in another.

*Nothing* is the bugaboo that drives deep thinkers crazy.

Lapeer, MI

#2453 Oct 6, 2012
Pokay wrote:
Quoted ya twice, responded once; I'm a topix rookie again.
Here's a thought. Separation leads to speciation and interbreeding/crossbreeding leads to despeciation....so it seems we're on the road to Oneness again. Just like the "infinite" unoverse, we will all wind up at the same place we started. One.
Zero only exists in math. It all starts at One.
Hey...you quoted me twice. That makes me feel important:>

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2454 Oct 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It looks like somebody thinks you're clueless.
:}
It doesn't seem like fun to me to pick a thread out of the blue and put up a few stray dim bulb icons. But I'm weird.

Lapeer, MI

#2455 Oct 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is bad for us Americans anyway.
I was furious when she mentioned at 14:35 how Coke, Kraft and Walmart formulate products without GMOs for the foreign market but not for the American one.
wtf
It's called Targeting Your Market. If American consumers don't care what they eat then give them whatever you think they will swallow.

If Europeans don't like what you're peddling then peddle what they prefer.

Do Americans have lower standards than the rest of the world? Look at not only the Supermarket but also at our politics and our media. When Television was invented, scholarly types, philosophers, teachers and Futurists got all excited about the great potential for mankind's betterment.
Hee, Hee. We've got Soap Operas, Xfactor, Sitcoms, beer commercials, Divorce Court, Jerry Springer and football games.

Lapeer, MI

#2456 Oct 6, 2012
I'm a sucker for kids and the Cosmos. I have to share this one.

First contact: http://izismile.com/2012/06/29/2012s_most_spi...

Lapeer, MI

#2457 Oct 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It looks like somebody thinks you're clueless.
:}
What's important is whether or not *I* think I'm clueless.
I'm not trying out for American Idol here.

“Blood Type B - Attitude B +”

Since: Mar 08

Felton California

#2458 Oct 6, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You have completely mistaken what I wrote. I was describing the poster's comment about primitives eating better as being incomplete and premature. Primitives lived very short lives while we live much more extended ones with better health than they did. That is just factual and not an opinion. I was not at all supporting GMO, BPH, Steroid and antibiotic meat production. In fact, nano's YouTube link has opened my eyes even wider in this regard.
We are fish trapped in a barrel that are being fed garbage-for-profit. We live inside of a cornered market for food, drugs and medical services. I am not pro-GMO.
Just to start, I want you to know it wasn't me who judged you with the clueless icon. I would never do that to you as I respect your opinion far too much for the years now we have been posting here. But to imply that many of us are promoting some eden like nirvana going back to nature that dismisses the reality of the pollution and distress we have already created if tipping too far the other way. There really are many very educated, very knowledgeable, very successful and influential people , including scientists, doctors, bio-chemists, etc. that believe it is possible to reverse many of the effects of the corperate toxic saturation of our environment. And even if we didn't see the effects in our lifetime I wish to leave a legacy of hope and forward progress and stewardship of this planet.

Felton California

#2459 Oct 6, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
But remember that, if we all evolve into one, one becomes the loneliest number. Being lonely inside of a crowd - "one" crowd - would still be the paradox of finding oneness. Nature spent billions of years sculpting creatures, Life forms that possess unique individual characteristics defining each one as unique in the entire cosmos and along comes some bald-headed Buddha clamoring for all to become One. Bizarre.
Zero exists not only in Math. If I remove all 5 apples from the table, there remain zero apples on the table. As long as those 5 apples still exists inside of this universe, we can safely say that zero defines a local characteristic and not an absolute encompassing reality. Those 5 apples were "moved" which left a Zero in one locality while a "Five" appeared in another.
*Nothing* is the bugaboo that drives deep thinkers crazy.
And thus the shinning I know and love emerges with this statement.

Felton California

#2460 Oct 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is bad for us Americans anyway.
I was furious when she mentioned at 14:35 how Coke, Kraft and Walmart formulate products without GMOs for the foreign market but not for the American one.
wtf
Because we don't insist on it. Americans are cheap apparently. They will buy what's cheap instead of using their dollar to vote. In the movie Genetic Roulette, Jeff Smith says if corperations believe only 5% of their customers won't buy their product they will change. Did you ever think you would see organic products in Safeway. They have their own brand , the "O" brand. Of course it's marketing and the US has lower organic standards because big corperations are relentless in using their money to lobby for profits and cheaper ingredients, but it still brought more awareness to the message of organic.

Lapeer, MI

#2462 Oct 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Technically, producers can call GMOs organic right now.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_food&quo... ;
It's just an opinion but I believe that the definition of Organic will become more and more diffuse and diluted as time passes. The forces of corporate lobbying at the FDA, USDA and in Congress will make it so. No, I'm not being the eternal pessimist but the lifelong realist.

Lapeer, MI

#2463 Oct 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
Please explain that.

Lapeer, MI

#2464 Oct 6, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't seem like fun to me to pick a thread out of the blue and put up a few stray dim bulb icons. But I'm weird.
It may not appeal to most people to anonymously mess with someone. Where 's the satisfaction if your victim doesn't know YOU are behind it all? Or even your "Pen Name" or Avatar.

But there are some few folks who are completely fine with their anonymous cruelty. Heck, we worry about that future date when legal and social distinctions will be necessary to distinguish between real humans and those other clones or cyborgs. But today, there exists no Gage of humaneness of humans. What is "human" aside from the biology? What distinguishes a defective human from a non-defective human? Is an Heirloom Human "better" than a GMO Human? It's always been a grey area and, in the future, it'll only get more grey.

Soon, you'll be able to clone yourself, sex-change it, genetically modify it to your liking and then marry it. No harm done except to yourself:}

Location hidden

#2465 Oct 6, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't seem like fun to me to pick a thread out of the blue and put up a few stray dim bulb icons. But I'm weird.
"Not usual" is not weird.:)

Location hidden

#2466 Oct 6, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called Targeting Your Market. If American consumers don't care what they eat then give them whatever you think they will swallow.
If Europeans don't like what you're peddling then peddle what they prefer.
Do Americans have lower standards than the rest of the world? Look at not only the Supermarket but also at our politics and our media. When Television was invented, scholarly types, philosophers, teachers and Futurists got all excited about the great potential for mankind's betterment.
Hee, Hee. We've got Soap Operas, Xfactor, Sitcoms, beer commercials, Divorce Court, Jerry Springer and football games.
Have you got something against mind numbingly boring programming?

Lapeer, MI

#2467 Oct 6, 2012
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text> Just to start, I want you to know it wasn't me who judged you with the clueless icon. I would never do that to you as I respect your opinion far too much for the years now we have been posting here. But to imply that many of us are promoting some eden like nirvana going back to nature that dismisses the reality of the pollution and distress we have already created if tipping too far the other way. There really are many very educated, very knowledgeable, very successful and influential people , including scientists, doctors, bio-chemists, etc. that believe it is possible to reverse many of the effects of the corperate toxic saturation of our environment. And even if we didn't see the effects in our lifetime I wish to leave a legacy of hope and forward progress and stewardship of this planet.
Your wishing to leave a legacy of hope and enlightenment is admirable. That sort of forward thinking should actually be at the forefront of any legacy we leave. Future humans will hopefully be taught the critical importance of caring.

Location hidden

#2468 Oct 6, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
I'm a sucker for kids and the Cosmos. I have to share this one.
First contact: http://izismile.com/2012/06/29/2012s_most_spi...
Cute.

Location hidden

#2469 Oct 6, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What's important is whether or not *I* think I'm clueless.
I'm not trying out for American Idol here.
Umm, just pointing out that it looks like a lurker is hanging around.

Lapeer, MI

#2470 Oct 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Not usual" is not weird.:)
Weird can be entertaining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Astronauts getting 3-D printer at space station 1 hr DOnT OBEY ALL ORDERS 4
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr wondering 173,775
Bill Maher Takes Aim at Minnesota Congressman 2 hr Obama Bad 104
Alibaba symbol of China's new tech giants 3 hr well 5
Space station shipment contains 3-D printer; Sp... 4 hr Kid_Tomorrow 3
Post your FeaturePoints referral code to get re... 8 hr Sabrina 17
Researchers rekindle vaccine-autism debate 13 hr Starts with Vaccines 3
•••

Science / Technology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE