Is Time An Illusion?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2431 Oct 5, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on what you mean by 'primitive'. Why are modern day lifespans so much greater? Natural deaths for 'primitives' allowed them to live only to about their mid twenties or, if lucky, to thirty. It has taken 10's of thousands of years for Europeans to slowly become genetically able to digest cow's milk without adverse affects. It is suspected that this same sort of genetic creep allowed us to slowly acclimate to other food sources, too, and is still in process.
There are countless variables involved here that do not allow a flippant comment like "Primitives ate better than we do" to stand.
Sorry, but Life is grey.
Like you said...they were allowed to adapt slowly to changes in their diets; our dietary changes have come too suddenly to allow adaptation.

Location hidden

#2432 Oct 5, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
I'm sorry. I meant Trotsky and not Tolstoy.
Yeah, you wouldn't want to insult Tolstoy.

Location hidden

#2433 Oct 5, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose it all depends on just how busy you are.
And how thirsty you are while being busy:}
Who stops to drink when taking care of business?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#2434 Oct 5, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like you said...they were allowed to adapt slowly to changes in their diets; our dietary changes have come too suddenly to allow adaptation.
Agreed. Evolution is s-s-s-l-l-l-o-o-o-o-w-w-w-w-w.

It's been four years now and I still can't swallow anything coming out of the Oval Office.

Lapeer, MI

#2435 Oct 5, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't look good for any of us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rixyrCNVVGAXX&feature=rel ated
Wow.

Location hidden

#2436 Oct 5, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been four years now and I still can't swallow anything coming out of the Oval Office.
I hope it's not for lack of trying to!

...jk...

Location hidden

#2437 Oct 5, 2012
Sorry, I had a brain spasm.

“Blood Type B - Attitude B +”

Since: Mar 08

Felton California

#2438 Oct 6, 2012
mindchatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes you wonder what we have gained when it comes to technology and our food supply. The primitive age ate better than we do
They ate real food. I believe going back to locally grown and eating what is produced easily in the environment you live in instead of mass production food is the way to eat and heal our planet and ourselves. Of course the response will be that it is too late for that. But we either do it voluntarily or we will be forced to do it through necessity. Unless we want to live on lab food and vaccines.

Felton California

#2439 Oct 6, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on what you mean by 'primitive'. Why are modern day lifespans so much greater? Natural deaths for 'primitives' allowed them to live only to about their mid twenties or, if lucky, to thirty. It has taken 10's of thousands of years for Europeans to slowly become genetically able to digest cow's milk without adverse affects. It is suspected that this same sort of genetic creep allowed us to slowly acclimate to other food sources, too, and is still in process.
There are countless variables involved here that do not allow a flippant comment like "Primitives ate better than we do" to stand.
Sorry, but Life is grey.
In the meantime we have managed to make people aware that growth hormones in dairy was a bad idea and now it milk without hormones in more in demand. DDT commercials (another) of Monsanto's babies used to give the message of how good it was for our food. That has been banned. Why give up so easily shinning? You seem like you would be more of a fighter than a line of least resistance guy. So many other countries are already on board with banning GMO seed and more people everyday are becoming aware they have been duped. I myself will never become compliant with the Monsanto agenda.

Felton California

#2440 Oct 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't look good for any of us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rixyrCNVVGAXX&feature=rel ated
Good link. She is also in the movie "Genetic Roulette" which you can see free on youtube. At least you could last week. These movies have a tendency to disappear.

Felton California

#2441 Oct 6, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually steer clear of the political (and from what I recall so do you shinning). What I will say is this...it took us 10 yrs to create debt from surplus...I think I will let Obama have 8 yrs to try to fix it. I just can't stomach the other guy. Don't get me wrong, I know Obama has shortcomings. Both Republican and Democratic presidents since George Bush Sr. have appointed ex Monsanto employees to key positions in our agriculture dept and the FDA. This is like putting the fox in the hen house. I choose to believe it has to do with them actually believing the lie that this is a beneficial bio-technology. Otherwise the only other explanation is a conspiracy to kill us and keep down the population. But why would they want ot kill their worker bees. They need us to keep the wheel turning and keep those profits coming in.

Lapeer, MI

#2442 Oct 6, 2012
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>In the meantime we have managed to make people aware that growth hormones in dairy was a bad idea and now it milk without hormones in more in demand. DDT commercials (another) of Monsanto's babies used to give the message of how good it was for our food. That has been banned. Why give up so easily shinning? You seem like you would be more of a fighter than a line of least resistance guy. So many other countries are already on board with banning GMO seed and more people everyday are becoming aware they have been duped. I myself will never become compliant with the Monsanto agenda.
You have completely mistaken what I wrote. I was describing the poster's comment about primitives eating better as being incomplete and premature. Primitives lived very short lives while we live much more extended ones with better health than they did. That is just factual and not an opinion. I was not at all supporting GMO, BPH, Steroid and antibiotic meat production. In fact, nano's YouTube link has opened my eyes even wider in this regard.

We are fish trapped in a barrel that are being fed garbage-for-profit. We live inside of a cornered market for food, drugs and medical services. I am not pro-GMO.

Lapeer, MI

#2443 Oct 6, 2012
been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>I usually steer clear of the political (and from what I recall so do you shinning). What I will say is this...it took us 10 yrs to create debt from surplus...I think I will let Obama have 8 yrs to try to fix it. I just can't stomach the other guy. Don't get me wrong, I know Obama has shortcomings. Both Republican and Democratic presidents since George Bush Sr. have appointed ex Monsanto employees to key positions in our agriculture dept and the FDA. This is like putting the fox in the hen house. I choose to believe it has to do with them actually believing the lie that this is a beneficial bio-technology. Otherwise the only other explanation is a conspiracy to kill us and keep down the population. But why would they want ot kill their worker bees. They need us to keep the wheel turning and keep those profits coming in.
I will steer clear here, too, if I can:>

I am a believer in freedom. This administration, much more so than past ones, is rapidly removing it from me. I am not a bee in a hive.

Location hidden

#2444 Oct 6, 2012

Location hidden

#2445 Oct 6, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
It is bad for us Americans anyway.

I was furious when she mentioned at 14:35 how Coke, Kraft and Walmart formulate products without GMOs for the foreign market but not for the American one.

wtf

Location hidden

#2446 Oct 6, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I will steer clear here, too, if I can:>
I am a believer in freedom. This administration, much more so than past ones, is rapidly removing it from me. I am not a bee in a hive.
It looks like somebody thinks you're clueless.

:}

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2447 Oct 6, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but Life is grey.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but Life is grey.
Hey that's great news; in another 50,000 years GMOs will be "natural" and maybe even organic. Monsanto forgot to consider that it takes a long time to adjust to something new. Big Pharma has it's heyday and then eventually there will be another "golden age of the hominids". I can't wait to walk around naked and eat the all too plentiful wild pistachios and blackberries (just one would be enough for a week's time, you know, GMOs just keep gettin bigger).

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2448 Oct 6, 2012
Quoted ya twice, responded once; I'm a topix rookie again.

Here's a thought. Separation leads to speciation and interbreeding/crossbreeding leads to despeciation....so it seems we're on the road to Oneness again. Just like the "infinite" unoverse, we will all wind up at the same place we started. One.

Zero only exists in math. It all starts at One.

Lapeer, MI

#2449 Oct 6, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>Hey that's great news; in another 50,000 years GMOs will be "natural" and maybe even organic. Monsanto forgot to consider that it takes a long time to adjust to something new. Big Pharma has it's heyday and then eventually there will be another "golden age of the hominids". I can't wait to walk around naked and eat the all too plentiful wild pistachios and blackberries (just one would be enough for a week's time, you know, GMOs just keep gettin bigger).
This problem extends far beyond just food sources. The human brain's capabilities have far outstripped its abilities to cope with its own creations.

Hominid characteristics were created and developed by their natural environment just like all other Life forms on this planet. This continues today for all Life forms except Man who can now create its own environments. We create drugs and then abuse them. We learn to manipulate genes and then abuse this knowledge. We learn how we tick inside the cranium and then use the knowledge of Psychology and Demographics to lie to and manipulate the masses for profit regarding everything from GMO, Politics, Used Cars and sex appeal. As a species, we have great difficulty today separating reality from the virtual realm because of the environment we've created. And we are killing ourselves with the creation of dangerous Plastics, GMOs, drugs and snacks. Artificial sweeteners, artificial fats and artificial proteins - proteins not normally found in Nature. Next on the horizon: Artificial Man.

Location hidden

#2450 Oct 6, 2012
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text><quoted text>Hey that's great news; in another 50,000 years GMOs will be "natural" and maybe even organic. Monsanto forgot to consider that it takes a long time to adjust to something new. Big Pharma has it's heyday and then eventually there will be another "golden age of the hominids". I can't wait to walk around naked and eat the all too plentiful wild pistachios and blackberries (just one would be enough for a week's time, you know, GMOs just keep gettin bigger).
Technically, producers can call GMOs organic right now.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_food&quo... ;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 11 min Demon Finder 10,395
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Into The Night 45,575
News Ding-Ding! 'Don King Way' may become permanent ... 7 hr Oh No You Di-nt 2
News Human race will 'split into two different species' (Oct '07) 13 hr A_Visitor 926
News DC to get robo deliveries 17 hr Joanne 1
News Russia Smashes Post-Soviet Oil Supply Record as... Fri RUSSIA in DECLINE 2
News El Cajon police and the fight over a video Fri Nero 1
More from around the web