|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>It is a shame indeed that more interest isn't generated. I guess myself included, I mean i'm not exactly getting out there and starting or joining a commitee. The issue is important to me but I think it would take 'losing the right to advertise that a bag of chips is organic' for me to take affirmative action. At this point it seems almost everything is a GMO unless otherwise stated, so the consumer hasn't a whole lot to gain directly from that; but it seems Monsanto has a lot to lose by mandatory labeling because it will come across as a warning or disclaimer. And that might start generating more interest, which is what the Organic-savvy consumer wants.
I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I think a large part of the problem is that the average consumer is so busy trying to make a living that food is the last thing they have time to worry/learn about. I find myself 'working twice as hard/long to make the same amount of money which in turn is worth half of what it was worth last year' type thing.
It's nice to hear that enough people out there have actually brought it to the polls.
It is no coincidence that Bush Sr, Bush Jr , Clinton and Obama have all appointed Ex Monsanto employees to positions in our government controlling our agriculture. It's a simple as googling "ex monsanto employees in government" to get the list. Yes USDA Organic standards are subpar to European standards. To be able to use the USDA organic seal a product only has to be 95% organic with no regulations on the other 5%. Again many companies have taken it upon themselves to voluntarily not use anything but fully organic in their products. We are at a tipping point and we have already compromised our DNA and The DNA of our food supplies. That doesn't mean we have to let it get apocalyptic before we demand change. Many times in history people have thought themselves helpless to effect a change and many times others have proven them wrong. I started posting about this almost from day one here on Topix and found resistance then. But in the past 8 yrs I have never given up on this issue and I see more and more people becoming aware and asking the question. Of course the reason Monsanto doesn't want labeling is because they don't even want people to ask what GMO's are or be curious about them. I see younger generations of mothers apalled at what is happening to their children and finding out through doctors that they recommend avoiding GMO foods as much as possible. The BT corn that Monsanto has developed has been shown to create holes in your intenstines. Food leaks through before it can be processed and our bodies attack it like a foreign substance. It is causing allergies at an epidemic rate. Leaky intestines are creating many health issues. Read "Seeds of Destruction" or watch "The World According to Monsanto" or "The Future of Food" or the most current which you especially Pokay should watch, "Genetic Roulette". It can seem overwhelming but the alternative is much worse.

“Blood Type B - Attitude B +”

Since: Mar 08

Felton California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

Of course the Industry (chemical that is) is going to argue that we are against science, that the toxins in the BT corn dissipates before it makes it to the market place, that pesticide doused vegetables are just as nutritious as organic, that they are developing drought resistant crops, that they are going to save the world and feed it, and try to blur the lines between hybrid foods and genetically modified foods. They are spending billions to appease those who won't bother to do their own research and want to believe it couldn't possibly be that bad or it just wouldn't be allowed. They have commercials out trying to discredit the independent science that has been done. Just most recently , as in last week, Russia banned GMO seed because of the most recent scientific report of the effects of GMO's on rats. You can google that as well. Not hard to find this information. Decide what you will, but at least make an informed decision.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

It's apathy that's killing us. I don't get why we just sit back and let the government promote faux food to us. They are the people's employees, not some kind of freaking royalty with claims that they are god approved to rule us. Their kids and grandkids will end up just as screwed up as ours if they eat what's on the store shelves. And it's all to satisfy some freak's greed? Or is it just about power?

For some reason this popped into my mind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidesto...
I suppose it was because this seems like somebody might be hoping to find a way to enforce equilibrium on the world. Maybe the food supply is how they think it should be done. Like that wouldn't come back and bite them in the azz eventually.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
It's apathy that's killing us. I don't get why we just sit back and let the government promote faux food to us. They are the people's employees, not some kind of freaking royalty with claims that they are god approved to rule us. Their kids and grandkids will end up just as screwed up as ours if they eat what's on the store shelves. And it's all to satisfy some freak's greed? Or is it just about power?
For some reason this popped into my mind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidesto...
I suppose it was because this seems like somebody might be hoping to find a way to enforce equilibrium on the world. Maybe the food supply is how they think it should be done. Like that wouldn't come back and bite them in the azz eventually.
I've read of this before. Aside from and despite all of the hype regarding this "mysterious" piece of modern art of the New World Order, the inscriptions are about as exciting as the ramblings of a 16 year old kid high on weed and about as irritating as Yoko Ono's first album.

It will someday become fossilized dung.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read of this before. Aside from and despite all of the hype regarding this "mysterious" piece of modern art of the New World Order, the inscriptions are about as exciting as the ramblings of a 16 year old kid high on weed and about as irritating as Yoko Ono's first album.
Like Yoko Ono's opinion about anything rates citing.

Pbbbft!
YoBroDawg

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

It makes since but i feel like things just wouldn't make as much since as it would if some sort of 'time' was present

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Sheila wrote:
I could swear that I experienced an anomaly in time a couple weeks ago, but then maybe I was only going through a phase.....,,,,/
LOL, me too!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
It's apathy that's killing us. I don't get why we just sit back and let the government promote faux food to us..
I agree!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

been there9 wrote:
Of course the Industry (chemical that is) is going to argue that we are against science, that the toxins in the BT corn dissipates before it makes it to the market place, that pesticide doused vegetables are just as nutritious as organic, that they are developing drought resistant crops, that they are going to save the world and feed it, and try to blur the lines between hybrid foods and genetically modified foods. They are spending billions to appease those who won't bother to do their own research and want to believe it couldn't possibly be that bad or it just wouldn't be allowed. They have commercials out trying to discredit the independent science that has been done. Just most recently , as in last week, Russia banned GMO seed because of the most recent scientific report of the effects of GMO's on rats. You can google that as well. Not hard to find this information. Decide what you will, but at least make an informed decision.
Makes you wonder what we have gained when it comes to technology and our food supply. The primitive age ate better than we do

“Truth is beyond wavelength ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>Look up the Non-GMO Project. They will provide you with a shopping list. There is a new non profit organization that many companies are participating in called the Non-GMO Project. You can find the label on foods from companies that are participating. I went to a seminar in Portland in March. Many companies that are trying to do the right thing are still finding that GMO's are contaminating even organic crops through cross pollination mostly. Nature's Path is doing independent testing and finding that almost 20% of the organic ingredients they were going to buy for their products had some GMO contamination. The Non-GMO Project is a pro active organization trying to solve the problem of the integrity of organics. It has been a battle but "millions against monsanto" (google that one to learn more) refuse to be discouraged by the apathy and lack of knowledge encouraged by the chemical corperations. As you Pokay well know, it is a battle that many live everyday especially when their health is severely compromised. When you get into the facts of how GMO's are created it is pretty logical the connection between the multitude of growing health issues and the release of GMO's into our food supplies. Genetic Roulette was free in full length on youtube .if your computer can handle it, I remember you had some issues at one time. Hope you have a better one now. So many other countries now are banning the use and importation of GMO seed in their countries. Europe has been on board with labeling for quite some time now. We in the US need to get over our idea that the apathy that exists here is how the world view is.
That's good news that there is what seems like legit testing going on, at least by some companies. The bad news is the cross contamination that's going on.

So much grey area here. I don't know if this information is available anywhere but I would be very interested to know something specific regarding your mention of the "20% of organic ingredients contaminated with GMOs". I'm assuming there are two ways for "contamination" to occur, one being cross pollination and two being actual GMO seeds growing amidst the organic crop (perhaps the GMO seeds were blown into an organic field by the wind or deliberately dropped by Monsanto from the sky). Of course, I would think that cross pollination wouldn't be as much of a problem with things like potatoes (just thought I'd mention that).

Anyway, question is, was there partial alteration of DNA strands, IOW did cross pollination produce something in between a 100% organic genome and the 100% synthetic GMO? Or was it more like 'complete and intact GMO genomes' mixed in with complete and distinct organic genomes?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

And yes I still have my "issues". Seems I always will, though the good news is I'm still able to control them by avoiding the offending foods. Haven't developed any new sensitivities which is good news. Haven't gotten any worse and I can't really ask for more at this point (but I can hope for it).

My chemical sensitivity seems has reached a plateau. I'm very manageable but nowhere near cured; I'm still somewhat optimistic for a cure though because I've recently discovered that myself and two other MCS afflicted people that I know all have one thing in common. We drank distilled water for extended periods of time....like years, not just months. I'm sure our environments had alot to do with it but demineralization (by drinking distilled water that leeches the body) could have been the catalyst.

So I've recently gotten into taking more calcium, magnesium and potassium, plus mineral drops in my water. I still buy distilled water but I put 20 drops of "Concentrace mineral drops" in it and I put 300 mg of magnesium citrate and 300 mg of calcium citrate...plus...wait for it... the big one....1/8th of a tsp of potassium bicarbonate (from " nutsonline.com ").....that's right, not sodium bicarbonate but potassium bicarb as a potassium source and as an alkalinity provider to make it more like Spring water. And of course I drink Spring water more often too now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but wonder if John Holdren is a member of a group like the one that erected those monoliths.

I do not find the idea of some idiot putting birth control in the local water supply amusing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

been there9 wrote:
<quoted text>It is no coincidence that Bush Sr, Bush Jr , Clinton and Obama have all appointed Ex Monsanto employees to positions in our government controlling our agriculture. It's a simple as googling "ex monsanto employees in government" to get the list. Yes USDA Organic standards are subpar to European standards. To be able to use the USDA organic seal a product only has to be 95% organic with no regulations on the other 5%. Again many companies have taken it upon themselves to voluntarily not use anything but fully organic in their products. We are at a tipping point and we have already compromised our DNA and The DNA of our food supplies. That doesn't mean we have to let it get apocalyptic before we demand change. Many times in history people have thought themselves helpless to effect a change and many times others have proven them wrong. I started posting about this almost from day one here on Topix and found resistance then. But in the past 8 yrs I have never given up on this issue and I see more and more people becoming aware and asking the question. Of course the reason Monsanto doesn't want labeling is because they don't even want people to ask what GMO's are or be curious about them. I see younger generations of mothers apalled at what is happening to their children and finding out through doctors that they recommend avoiding GMO foods as much as possible. The BT corn that Monsanto has developed has been shown to create holes in your intenstines. Food leaks through before it can be processed and our bodies attack it like a foreign substance. It is causing allergies at an epidemic rate. Leaky intestines are creating many health issues. Read "Seeds of Destruction" or watch "The World According to Monsanto" or "The Future of Food" or the most current which you especially Pokay should watch, "Genetic Roulette". It can seem overwhelming but the alternative is much worse.
I definately agree that GMOs are the cause of this epidemic rate of afflictions especially in the younger generations. In one way I am helping the cause. I do talk about it to as many people as I can. It's not hard to get on the subject especially when so many of my customers tell me of the health problems their children deal with, and easily the majority of them have a child with some autoimmune problem or are dealing with a problem themselves.

I still think the biggest reason for the increasing awareness is the increasing rate of autoimmune disease. People that don't seem to have a problem with eating anything off the shelf will most likely not be interested in what we have to say about how evil GMOs are unless they have close family that they see are stricken. But it's good news that some doctors (finally) are starting to recognize it, though many older doctors still don't believe it.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

YoBroDawg wrote:
It makes since but i feel like things just wouldn't make as much since as it would if some sort of 'time' was present
It all comes down to senses. Time can be removed from physics mathematical equations without disturbing the underlying truths.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

mindchatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes you wonder what we have gained when it comes to technology and our food supply. The primitive age ate better than we do
It depends on what you mean by 'primitive'. Why are modern day lifespans so much greater? Natural deaths for 'primitives' allowed them to live only to about their mid twenties or, if lucky, to thirty. It has taken 10's of thousands of years for Europeans to slowly become genetically able to digest cow's milk without adverse affects. It is suspected that this same sort of genetic creep allowed us to slowly acclimate to other food sources, too, and is still in process.

There are countless variables involved here that do not allow a flippant comment like "Primitives ate better than we do" to stand.
Sorry, but Life is grey.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>That's good news that there is what seems like legit testing going on, at least by some companies. The bad news is the cross contamination that's going on.
So much grey area here. I don't know if this information is available anywhere but I would be very interested to know something specific regarding your mention of the "20% of organic ingredients contaminated with GMOs". I'm assuming there are two ways for "contamination" to occur, one being cross pollination and two being actual GMO seeds growing amidst the organic crop (perhaps the GMO seeds were blown into an organic field by the wind or deliberately dropped by Monsanto from the sky). Of course, I would think that cross pollination wouldn't be as much of a problem with things like potatoes (just thought I'd mention that).
Anyway, question is, was there partial alteration of DNA strands, IOW did cross pollination produce something in between a 100% organic genome and the 100% synthetic GMO? Or was it more like 'complete and intact GMO genomes' mixed in with complete and distinct organic genomes?
As much as purists clamor for us to return to those days of primeval forests and perfect air quality, pinning for the past is a search for Fool's Gold. With 8 Billion humans now living on this planet, what are the chances of a Return To Eden? zip.

So it comes down to a matter of the glass being half-empty of half-full. I choose to see a half-full glass.

"Air Quality" means what? As various times in the Earth's past, the air quality was good, bad, horrible and any combination of these. Environmental changes are largely a part of what drove evolution on this planet. So to sit here today crying about how we need to return to a "better day" is very misleading and these sorts of wishes need to be tempered with a good dose of historical reality.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I can't help but wonder if John Holdren is a member of a group like the one that erected those monoliths.
I do not find the idea of some idiot putting birth control in the local water supply amusing.
If Holdren were alive 80 years back, he'd have worked for Marx, Tolstoy, Stalin and all the other good warm humans of the age.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>I definately agree that GMOs are the cause of this epidemic rate of afflictions especially in the younger generations. In one way I am helping the cause. I do talk about it to as many people as I can. It's not hard to get on the subject especially when so many of my customers tell me of the health problems their children deal with, and easily the majority of them have a child with some autoimmune problem or are dealing with a problem themselves.
I still think the biggest reason for the increasing awareness is the increasing rate of autoimmune disease. People that don't seem to have a problem with eating anything off the shelf will most likely not be interested in what we have to say about how evil GMOs are unless they have close family that they see are stricken. But it's good news that some doctors (finally) are starting to recognize it, though many older doctors still don't believe it.
Frankenfood!

http://butterbeliever.com/2012/01/11/monsanto...

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

I'm sorry. I meant Trotsky and not Tolstoy.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I do not find the idea of some idiot putting birth control in the local water supply amusing.
I suppose it all depends on just how busy you are.

And how thirsty you are while being busy:}

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••