Rethinking the Theoretical Foundation...

Rethinking the Theoretical Foundation of Evolution

There are 357 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Rethinking the Theoretical Foundation of Evolution. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Various theoretical scenarios could develop if a new species formed and began competing with its parent species for resources. It set me thinking about the whole concept of competition, in particular its alleged importance in evolution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last

“Got Science?”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#1 Jan 6, 2009
The more we learn about evolution, the closer we come to converging on the most correct answer. Like aspirin and magnetic fields, we know it works but we're often unsure exactly how - but that's why we have science.
Adrian in Tacoma

Kent, WA

#2 Jan 6, 2009
And drug resistant bacterium, swimming swarms of jellyfish...
truthist

United States

#3 Jan 6, 2009
So much science, so little time...What's new on cheese?

“Strike NY, STRIKE!!!”

Since: Jul 08

Rotterdam NY

#4 Jan 6, 2009
I like turtles.

“Liberty is Contagious”

Since: May 08

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Jan 6, 2009
I just saw this article, hahahaha, let the troll feast begin.
Pat

San Francisco, CA

#6 Jan 6, 2009
Our recent presidential election tells us much about evolution.

“I seek the truth”

Since: Jan 09

Midland TX

#7 Jan 6, 2009
Pat wrote:
Our recent presidential election tells us much about evolution.
Yes but that is a study in reverse evolution. We went from the best to the worst.

“Doncha' miss me?”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8 Jan 6, 2009
What would Jesus do?

Not compete with the parents for sex partners. But if the Catholics are right and Mary was a perpetual virgin, that messed up the deal for Joseph, no?

He might as well have lost a competition. Yet virginity is the enemy of evolution. This is so confusing...
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jan 6, 2009
Jesus was of the lineage of Nun...

Since: Sep 07

Northridge, CA

#10 Jan 6, 2009
dee lilla wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but that is a study in reverse evolution. We went from the best to the worst.
Wow, you are just absolutely retarded aren't you? I'd point out the 100+ ways you are wrong, but what would be the point. You've long ago had your brain removed.

Go back to watching FoxNews and stop trying to destroy America.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#11 Jan 6, 2009
We have a war going on at the West Bank and this is the headline news on topix? Wow!
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#12 Jan 6, 2009
Jesus had brothers...
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Jan 6, 2009
Anyone ever not been born from there Mama? Eve the Mother of all Life....

“It's a dog's life”

Since: Jan 08

Amish Country

#14 Jan 6, 2009
You gotta be kidding me. The source of this article is a BLOG.

How scientific. Or maybe that's the point.
Jesus Rebel Not A Breeder

AOL

#15 Jan 6, 2009
Chimpy BushLaden wrote:
What would Jesus do?
Not compete with the parents for sex partners. But if the Catholics are right and Mary was a perpetual virgin, that messed up the deal for Joseph, no?
He might as well have lost a competition. Yet virginity is the enemy of evolution. This is so confusing...
Jesus was anti-establishment which may be the reason he never married. This is far from any wild evolutionary conditions except maybe a few primates. In a society a female wants a male that is in line with establishment making the chances of their offspring's survival and prosperity far greater.

On a side note this is why the right of freedom of speech is rare used. If a person uses their freedom of speech and what the person says is far from the status quoe the person may be osteracized from society and employment. This greatly decreases this persons chances of reproduction. In evolutionary terms this creates a breed of people with more drone and robotic like methodologies almost unable to think for themselves.

“I seek the truth”

Since: Jan 09

Midland TX

#16 Jan 6, 2009
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are just absolutely retarded aren't you? I'd point out the 100+ ways you are wrong, but what would be the point. You've long ago had your brain removed.
Go back to watching FoxNews and stop trying to destroy America.
Barack and Michelle Obama are looking for a church in Washington to attend. Apparently, the Obamas ask every prospective pastor the same question:'Have you ever been videotaped screaming 'God damn America!'?"
Halito

Las Vegas, NV

#17 Jan 6, 2009
Jesus Rebel Not A Breeder wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was anti-establishment which may be the reason he never married. This is far from any wild evolutionary conditions except maybe a few primates. In a society a female wants a male that is in line with establishment making the chances of their offspring's survival and prosperity far greater.
On a side note this is why the right of freedom of speech is rare used. If a person uses their freedom of speech and what the person says is far from the status quoe the person may be osteracized from society and employment. This greatly decreases this persons chances of reproduction. In evolutionary terms this creates a breed of people with more drone and robotic like methodologies almost unable to think for themselves.
Why does it say he came for the Daughter of Sion?

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jan 6, 2009
3 Dog night wrote:
You gotta be kidding me. The source of this article is a BLOG.
How scientific. Or maybe that's the point.
Just because something's on a blog does not make it automatically wrong or unscientific.

Blogs are like any other information source, in that one should take the information with a grain of salt and carefully check references and look for possible blatant bias.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#19 Jan 6, 2009
Jesus Rebel Not A Breeder wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was anti-establishment which may be the reason he never married. This is far from any wild evolutionary conditions except maybe a few primates. In a society a female wants a male that is in line with establishment making the chances of their offspring's survival and prosperity far greater.
You are asuming that Jesus was not married. And, no, I'm not talking about DaVinci Code either. The KJV Bible that I have refers to Jesus as "Rabbi" which would indicate that he was married. I have also heard that the marriage at Canaa was in fact, his own wedding and that is why he was dealing with the wine at all.

~~~~~

Some women like rebels...
Jesus Rebel Not A Breeder

AOL

#20 Jan 6, 2009
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asuming that Jesus was not married. And, no, I'm not talking about DaVinci Code either. The KJV Bible that I have refers to Jesus as "Rabbi" which would indicate that he was married. I have also heard that the marriage at Canaa was in fact, his own wedding and that is why he was dealing with the wine at all.
~~~~~
Some women like rebels...
Let's take Jesus and conjuctor out of the scenio.
----------
Bad boys that ride harley's or whatever who may do illegal this to make a living. These are still inside a system may it be different from the squares.

How about bad boys who pose a real threat to the legitimate system?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 26 min Regolith Based Li... 40,322
How to use iphone backup extractor to recover l... 1 hr chanleen 2
News Hacked emails show Democratic party hostility t... 1 hr YouDidntBuildThat 55
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 2 hr positronium 10,583
News Lots of Wheat But Not Enough Protein Sends Buye... 3 hr PILASERs PANACEA ... 6
Complete Guide to Remove DRM from iBooks 11 hr salarri 2
News How robot, explosives took out Dallas sniper 17 hr Bangal 7
More from around the web