Ohio bank repossess wrong house; owne...

Ohio bank repossess wrong house; owner wants $18K

There are 24 comments on the WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg story from Jul 26, 2013, titled Ohio bank repossess wrong house; owner wants $18K. In it, WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg reports that:

An Ohio bank says a bad GPS navigator is the reason it repossessed the wrong house - and threw out all the possessions inside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Parden Pard

Nazareth, PA

#1 Jul 27, 2013
OK,,,? Ya wanna play,,,18 is too much,,?? who's your dumb-ass manager...! I'm calling my lawyer and sue your-asses for 50 thousand .Let's hear it from your manager again....The bank attorney will recommend settling as soon as possible.
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#2 Jul 27, 2013
Sure seems they were negligent...
If so you've gotta believe she's got a case above straight recompense.

“Pompous pontificator”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 27, 2013
Nobody ever said bank managers or their attorneys were very smart. Eighteen K for a person's worldly possessions is a bargain, and the bank should-have run over there and got a signature pronto and been done with this instead of playing hard-ball.

The 18K will become 180K! when some ambulance-chaser gets his mitts on this case. All this because the bank hired Bubba-buttcrack and his gang to clean out a house.'Just curious, was there an address on the house or mailbox? Just-sayin'.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#4 Jul 27, 2013
All these years the postman always delivered the mail to the right house? Yes!

Enough said!

They F%^@ UP!

Now It's time to pay up!

No one questioned..........are you sure this is the right house?
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#5 Jul 27, 2013
If the owner is like most people she probably has heirlooms and items with sentimental value that cannot be replaced at any price. She needs to get a good lawyer and take the banksters to the cleaners!!$18,000 is not enough!

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#6 Jul 27, 2013
Man wasn't smart enough to read the street address for himself.

They say they won't pay retail for used items,BUT you have replacement cost,that is often higher than when the original item was purchased.

I was awarded 25,000$ in replacement cost when my former spouse broke a restraining order & took over 1/2 a household of items,most all of them the easier to sell items including appliances & most of my shop tools & guns & about 10 pcs. of heavy,handmade furniture.
She STILL owes this btw,along with over 10 grand in child support. I used my 401K payout to find most of the items in pawn shops & a neighbor of hers told me who had the furniture I gave them the 250$ they paid plus a cpl. cases of beer & they returned it.
Would be interesting to see what the local courts & local laws have to say about this one. Rick DAD
Well

Beaver, OH

#7 Jul 27, 2013
She had already moved out months ago. Bank was wrong, everyone knows that. She gave them list of items gone, banks atty cuts the check. Then she decides she needed more money. She's going to have a tough case to prove anything was in the house when the bank entered when neighbors statements say nobody has been there in months. But let her go forward in her greediness. Just adds to the case of fraud against her.
Parden Pard

Nazareth, PA

#8 Jul 28, 2013
Well wrote:
She had already moved out months ago. Bank was wrong, everyone knows that. She gave them list of items gone, banks atty cuts the check. Then she decides she needed more money. She's going to have a tough case to prove anything was in the house when the bank entered when neighbors statements say nobody has been there in months. But let her go forward in her greediness. Just adds to the case of fraud against her.
WELL,,humff,since you put it that way,,,,,(how do you know this inside info,,I'm curious).?
sick of it

Myrtle Beach, SC

#9 Jul 28, 2013
sick of it

Myrtle Beach, SC

#10 Jul 28, 2013
Happy Gilmore

Jackson, OH

#11 Jul 28, 2013
Parden Pard wrote:
OK,,,? Ya wanna play,,,18 is too much,,?? who's your dumb-ass manager...! I'm calling my lawyer and sue your-asses for 50 thousand .Let's hear it from your manager again....The bank attorney will recommend settling as soon as possible.
Like you could afford a lawyer. You fucktard
Huggies

United States

#12 Jul 28, 2013
Parden Pard wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL,,humff,since you put it that way,,,,,(how do you know this inside info,,I'm curious).?
Because we have been in and out of her house at will for months. Bow flex was broke and put out in the yard.
Huggies

United States

#13 Jul 28, 2013
The doors unlocked and open. No break in.
She is just trying to get some money. Just wait till this all comes out. Who would leave for a two week vacation and take their stove, refrigerator with them, leave their utilities to be turned off?
Parden Pard

Nazareth, PA

#14 Jul 28, 2013
Happy Gilmore wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you could afford a lawyer. You fucktard
Stay Happy,,Happy,! play in the sand nice,now,,,,!
(OHH,,,your mamma needs to wash out your nasty dumb-ass mouth)

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#15 Jul 28, 2013
sick of it wrote:
http://www.thetelegramnews.com /main.asp?SectionID=6&SubS ectionID=83&ArticleID=1854 5
Interesting side of the story that I hadn't read....and thanks.

And as hard as it is for me to take a bankers side on the subject at hand, it sounds like she may possibly be trying to cash in on their little mistake..

“Hippie Single DAD, vet, Honest”

Since: Apr 11

Steamboat Sprgs Colorado

#17 Jul 28, 2013
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting side of the story that I hadn't read....and thanks.
And as hard as it is for me to take a bankers side on the subject at hand, it sounds like she may possibly be trying to cash in on their little mistake..
Yes I agree & was going to say the same thing to them.
It appears she had already bailed on her home for whatever reasons & maybe should have taken that first offer as a way to remain solid.
IF she is trying to pull some b.s. on that bank I'm afraid she is in for a hard lesson,that bank has been in business over a 100 yrs. for a reason lol, they can afford to put her on a back burner & she will be in a nursing home before the case even appears in court.
Rick

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#18 Jul 28, 2013
we've seen this type of incident a lot of late and not just with banks but with the police too. come busting into someones house shooting up and killing people then i's oops sorry wrong house...
rick buscemi

Orland Park, IL

#19 Jul 28, 2013
If the Bank won't take the person's word then the family should file a police report for the robbery of the home.Looks like the Bank President agrees that they "robbed" the house . Have him and all connected arrested . Maybe the police arresting these people will make bank come up with some money.
Hold On

Columbus, OH

#20 Jul 29, 2013
Ok, I am from McArthur. Drive down High street everyday. Her house has been abandoned for MONTHS. IF she was away on 'vacation' for a few weeks then why does she not have any pictures or anything on fb? She posts everything else in her life! And two - she can supposedly go on vacation for a few weeks but cannot afford chemicals for a swimming pool? I am sorry but if she was using the swimming pool dont you think it would have been opened before all this happened? And she claims it has ruined her childrens summer! HA! The pool was never opened, she was never living there all summer until she seen this window of opportunity to take advantage of this mistake by the bank. Its obvious. If anyone would take a look at the 10tv video and read her list of claims then ask yourself why didnt they take any electronics, appliainces or anything else? It clearly states on the CEO's letter from the bank that the utilities was shut off. Ohhhhhhh I forgot, when you go on vacation you always call those utility companies and have everything shut off before you leave! HA!
high street

Columbus, OH

#21 Jul 29, 2013
Do you guys do research or investigate AT ALL!!!!

Do you know ms Barnett? Call the local police department... Check out her credibility! She is well known & not for good reasons!

Call the utilities departments find out how long utilities were shut off... Hmmm.
Ask neighbors! Everyone will tell you she moved out months & months ago... Taking at least 6 truck loads with her!

Furthermore... The bank was and is willing to make it right... But they don't plan to pay her lottery winnings!!!!

Ask the bank to hear the tape recording they have of ms. Barnett. Herself ADMITTING that she hadn't lived there for months & just moving back in. She also admitted to only having two dressers ( in her words only worth at most $100 each) & a old patio set, basketball hoop ( which was returned to her) & an old bow flex that she left outside!!! Would you leave a so called $2300 piece of equipment outside for months in the weather...... Hmmmmmmm. Makes you kinda wonder!!!

Wo knows maybe tomorrow...she will remember that she had a Ferrari parked in her garage for safe keeping!!! Oh yeah... I forgot. She her doors & house were unlocked while she was on SO CALLED 2 week vacation!!!

Love it! & the media believes it & continues to report it! Suckers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 44 min SoE 14,950
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Dogen 83,810
News At ESPN: 'Perhaps more than any other place in ... 4 hr discuss 1
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone 4 w... (Feb '13) Sun graceyin2017 70
News Face VR Zombies This Month in Daylight's End Dec 9 ERIC 3
2017 CCIE 400-251 Question Answers | Latest Cis... Dec 7 deeny 1
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Dec 7 Max 745
More from around the web