China posts fake rocket launch story

Sep 26, 2008 Full story: www.news.com.au 602

Story posted due to "technical error" CHINA'S leading Xinhua news agency reported the successful flight of the Shenzhou VII - complete with detailed dialogue between the astronauts - hours before the nation's ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

“Ride Hard Die Free”

Since: May 08

bullet-proof tiger

#1 Sep 26, 2008
LOL.
Dain Bramage

Australia

#2 Sep 26, 2008
What the cwap? Why do they keep putting up this front? Nobody wants to go to war with them anyway. They would have more foot soldiers than we have ammunintion. I would rather globalisation than some richard cranium war to the death.

Since: Sep 08

Tianjin, China

#3 Sep 26, 2008
A another lie by western media. lol

“Ride Hard Die Free”

bullet-proof tiger

#4 Sep 26, 2008
fruhvogel wrote:
Is that all you lot do down there? Ya nose is growing China.

Since: Jul 08

Mars

#5 Sep 26, 2008
fruhvogel wrote:
You Chinks are born liars. We all know that your manned flight space program is 1960s technology bought from Russia.
Tien Huang

Sidoarjo, Indonesia

#6 Sep 26, 2008
Tweeter wrote:
<quoted text>
You Chinks are born liars. We all know that your manned flight space program is 1960s technology bought from Russia.
Why call us Chinks ?
Do you westerners despise us ?
Are you jealous to us ?
Are you afraid of us, therefore show hatred to conceal it ?
The fact is, China is successful with its space program, you like it or not. Shame and pity to you.
Be more angry to us, we don't care !
Dain Bramage

Australia

#8 Sep 26, 2008
Tien Huang wrote:
<quoted text>
Why call us Chinks ?
Do you westerners despise us ?
Are you jealous to us ?
Are you afraid of us, therefore show hatred to conceal it ?
The fact is, China is successful with its space program, you like it or not. Shame and pity to you.
Be more angry to us, we don't care !
I have fitted a Chinese made 70cc two stroke engine to my mountain bicycle. I have never known such freedom in all my life. Thankyou. From the bottom of my heart. Thankyou. I'm serious!
Tien Huang

Sidoarjo, Indonesia

#9 Sep 26, 2008
Fortune Coochie wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO these people can't even build a decent jet engine they're dreaming of a space program haha
Have you ever read newspaper, watch TV,listen to radio ? Why so disinformed.
Mao

Fremont, CA

#10 Sep 26, 2008
Fortune Coochie wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO these people can't even build a decent jet engine they're dreaming of a space program haha
Compare to India, CHina' capability is far and beyond.
CHina's WS10A already fitted into the J-10 and J-11B, which equivalent to SU-30MK series.

China already built many nuke-powered subs yet India still borrows Russia nuke sub to play around. Give it up, try to compare to China.

China's first self-built aircraft carrier which will released soon would increase India's jealousy further
Avenger

Moreno Valley, CA

#11 Sep 26, 2008
How come Communist China has to fake everything? I guess because having a state control media will not keep the government honest huh?

Since: Mar 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Sep 26, 2008
Fake? What part of it is fake? It's called everything is going by the script including the astronaut's dialog.
formally abducted

United States

#13 Sep 26, 2008
I don't know much about the chinese space program.but the creative writing program has made great headway,they really should have included a love interest to spice the story up,but i guess that will be in the next news release when they land on the moon.

Pompano Beach, FL

#14 Sep 26, 2008
You call that creative writing? It reads exactly like a rigid command and report procedures.
Trevor Swistchew

Coatbridge, UK

#15 Sep 26, 2008
Zsari wrote:
You call that creative writing? It reads exactly like a rigid command and report procedures.
CCP give order and run Tibet with no love.
Cousin Jethro

Lady Lake, FL

#16 Sep 26, 2008
I kind of like the idea of telling things in advance as this hearkens back to prophecy and Nostradamus -- on our side we had the 2000 election with its silly, withering, fallacious result and subsequent false news items right up to the present singeing of our economy; perhaps the Chinese news agency was taking Karl Rove-type cues and running with their best estimate of the truth? But then truth is not Rove's strong suit, so the compare is bad
Concerned Parent

Abbotsford, Canada

#17 Sep 26, 2008
Zsari wrote:
Fake? What part of it is fake? It's called everything is going by the script including the astronaut's dialog.
I see. It is just a performance following a script, so of course it's fake? They probably never left the ground, and never will.

What stupid rulers China has!

Laguna Hills, CA

#18 Sep 26, 2008
Performance following a script are fake? So when you goto see a performance, the performer are faking it? You are confusing the performers with your wife.
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#19 Sep 26, 2008
formally abducted wrote:
I don't know much about the chinese space program.but the creative writing program has made great headway,they really should have included a love interest to spice the story up,but i guess that will be in the next news release when they land on the moon.
Great comment!

Ha Ha Ha! Fake everything under the CCP! The "patriotism" is fake too!

“Ride Hard Die Free”

bullet-proof tiger

#20 Sep 26, 2008
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/763...

China astronauts braced for walk

The spacecraft is now in a stable, circular orbit
China's three astronauts have spent their first day in orbit preparing for the mission's spacewalk.

A 42-year-old fighter pilot, Zhai Zhigang, is due to carry out the 20-minute manoeuvre at 1630 Beijing Time (0830 GMT) on Saturday.

It will be the first time Chinese yuhangyuan (astronauts) have ventured outside their spacecraft.

Their Shenzhou VII capsule soared into orbit on a Long March II-F rocket from Jiuquan spaceport in north-west China.

The rocket put the Shenzhou capsule in a near-circular orbit more than 300km above the Earth.

Mr Zhai is joined on the mission by two other "yuhangyuan" - Liu Boming and Jing Haipeng.

The astronauts have been training in a water tank

Zhang Jianqi, one of the chief engineers for China's space programme, said keeping three men in the spacecraft, and then sending one outside, would be a "big test".

"This is a big technological leap," he told state-run news agency Xinhua.

"The risks are quite high. Sending up three astronauts is a jump both in quantity and quality."

When Mr Zhai carries out his extra-vehicular activity (EVA), he is expected to wear a Chinese-made spacesuit thought to have cost between 5m and 20m ($10m-$40m).

1958: Base for spaceflights built at Jiuquan, in Gobi desert
April 1970: China launches its first satellite into space
1990-2002: Shenzhou I-IV are launched to develop systems
Oct 2003: The first manned space mission launches on Shenzhou V

Oct 2005: The Shenzhou VI mission takes two men into space
Oct 2007: Chang'e-1 orbiter sent on unmanned mission to the Moon
The yuhanguan will be tethered to the capsule with an umbilical cable.

His back-up, Mr Liu, will monitor the activity, presumably to reel the spacewalker back inside if there is an emergency.

Mr Zhai will retrieve an externally mounted experiment and oversee the release of a satellite.

The ship will then release a 40kg (88lb) satellite which will circle the orbiter and beam back images to mission control
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#21 Sep 26, 2008
Sounds exciting,
it's a pity that most if not all of it is as fake as the "tears of joy" shed by the engineers (actors) in the footage of the launch released before the launch!

Ha Ha Ha!

I wonder if they have in reality ever gotten anything off the launchpad?

Maybe the whole program has been a set up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 16 min Fundies R Mentall... 113
Expert: We must act fast on warming (Sep '08) 31 min GOTP 27,105
Still No Dark Matter from Space StationBy Matth... 1 hr Adrian Godsafe MSc 10
Need you to test a new social crazy app 2 hr MorganNel 1
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 4 hr Dogen 174,462
Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 4 hr maheladawy 78
Feds say hackers targeted Microsoft, game makers 11 hr Windows 10 vs 9 1

Science / Technology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE