How to add bluetooth to your motorcyc...

How to add bluetooth to your motorcycle helmet | Motorcycle Buyer's Guide

There are 24 comments on the www.motorcycle-buyers-guide.com story from Feb 20, 2009, titled How to add bluetooth to your motorcycle helmet | Motorcycle Buyer's Guide. In it, www.motorcycle-buyers-guide.com reports that:

Listen to music or talk on a cellular phone hands-free while wearing a helmet. Works with all helmet styles: Half, 3/4, Modular, or Full-Face. Compatible with most Bluetooth devices such as MP3 players and ...

Motorcycle Clothing Buyer's Guide

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.motorcycle-buyers-guide.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Dio Allora Famiglia”

Since: Feb 09

Kentucky

#1 Feb 21, 2009
You got to be kidding! The best part of riding is that you cant be found, paged, called, etc. The last thing I want is to be tracked down when I am out riding. To my wife - Do not get me this for Christmas or my birthday!!
Anyone else feel this way?
deej

Houston, TX

#2 Feb 22, 2009
I agree completely! We have enough distractions as it is, don't need to bee searching for a toggle switch while we are in 'safety conscience' mode.
BatOutOfHell

United States

#3 Feb 23, 2009
No. Not for the phone, for the music on the phone! And instructions from the GPS on the phone.
Capt Kirk

Suisun City, CA

#4 Feb 23, 2009
The sounds of the road and the wind are the only music I need.
JAG

Stow, OH

#5 Feb 25, 2009
To you purists out there, wouldn't it be nice to call your riding buddy in front of you when nature calls and he's 2 miles ahead of you on the interstate? PS Just like other phones, you can choose not to answer it if it rings! It works...I tried it!
Dino

Covina, CA

#6 Mar 6, 2009
JAG wrote:
To you purists out there, wouldn't it be nice to call your riding buddy in front of you when nature calls and he's 2 miles ahead of you on the interstate? PS Just like other phones, you can choose not to answer it if it rings! It works...I tried it!
First off, anyone that puts two miles between me and them, IS NOT my "Riding Buddy". At least not in my book...

Second, distractions aren't really good for your health when you're on two wheels...
xminer

Oakland, CA

#7 May 18, 2009
Hey, you guys are being idiots... how about a commuter who wants to listen to music as he splits the lane every morning in jammed up traffic? Screw your phone calls, I am not picking up, so what... maybe I will make a call sometime... maybe I ON CALL and I have to pick up... don't assume you know what people are going to do with a bluetooth headset in their helmet.

For me, I listen to music in my truck all the time and I can hear far less from in my truck playing music than when I am riding with ear buds in my helmet. I'd much rather have bluetooth with push button control to stop/start and mute the thing... simple as that... hey, you don't want a phone call, or music, that's great, its the last thing I'd want when I am going on a ride to get away, but when I am on a ride to get to where I make my living, I want TUNES!!
Cobalt Blue

Sylvester, GA

#8 May 21, 2009
Why the hell would I want a bluetooth in my helmet? Screw that.
I think this BS is for those self-important idiots who walk around all day with one of those bluetook earpieces in all day.

If your "riding buddy" is two miles ahead of you, then he obviouslt isn't paying attention and isn't your riding buddy. Either that or niether of you have any concept of how to ride in a pack.

Want to listen to music on your bike? Then get a bagger with a radio or install a radio with speakers on your bike.

Want to make a phone call? Pull over and make a damn call. We have enough problems with the cagers killing us because they're yammering on the phone while driving.
If your wife/girlfriend on the back wants a bluetooth in her helmet, fine, whatever, because she's not doing the piloting.
idiots

Wailuku, HI

#9 Aug 13, 2009
If you are not capable of driving / riding and talking at the same time, then you should not be allowed near any vehicle. Take a damn bus! Pull over and make a call? I make money with my phone... Fuk that, I'll take my call and make money while riding. If you dont like the idea of bluetooth helmets, thats your choice, but do us all a favor and SHUT THE FUK UP you TARD! If you cant multitask, you have no business being on a bike in the first place.
I'm amazed daily by the amount of idiots out there... Go find another forum or blog where you can go stroke eachother. QUEERS!
seriously now

Morton, PA

#10 Aug 14, 2009
Can we settle down just a minute for a question?
Does anyone know where I can get a mount for the tank of my dresser that will allow me to use my laptop while I'm riding?
kiroshimasylvia

Bangalore, India

#11 Jun 2, 2010
The initiative taken for the concern is very serious and need an attention of every one. This is the concern which exists in the society and needs to be eliminated from the society as soon as possible.The people are loosing their moral while becoming modern. The society needs to be attentive that moral value.
==========
[link=helmetspeakers]http://ww w.bikeintercom.com/products/he lmet_speakers.html[/link]
Motorcycle Mama

Barnstead, NH

#12 Nov 10, 2010
I'm a nurse and work in management at a local nursing home. Being in management, I am on call a lot, mostly on weekends, which is when I have the most time for riding. Sometimes I'm on call for days at a time; sometimes weeks at a time.

When I'm on call, I have to be able to answer calls immediately. Most calls are very short and more of a reporting of a situation or to obtain permission for something simple. If it becomes more complex than that, I let the staff member know I'm on my bike and will call them back after I can pull over. I try to be sensible and as safe as possible with all of this as I agree, it is a distraction for most. I don't want to risk my life or others, especially on 2 wheels, because I'm dividing my attention between the road and a phone call.

If it weren't for cell phones, I'd be stuck at home, standing by the old land line. If it weren't for bluetooth devices, I would not be able to take my bike out for even a short ride. This is the only time I use a bluetooth. The calls are few so I can still hear my bike and the wind for most of my rides. I do have a stereo and speakers on my bike for tunes. Allows me to hear what's going on around me, my bike, the wind, and some fun and lively tunes in the background.
Manlenium

Ottawa, Canada

#14 Feb 10, 2012
Capt Kirk wrote:
The sounds of the road and the wind are the only music I need.
Bam exactly. Even at 160kmhr..........over the speed limit.
WorkingStiff

Carlsbad, CA

#15 Feb 17, 2012
AirShammy wrote:
You got to be kidding! The best part of riding is that you cant be found, paged, called, etc. The last thing I want is to be tracked down when I am out riding. To my wife - Do not get me this for Christmas or my birthday!!
Anyone else feel this way?
Agreed!
elmer boon

Stillwater, MN

#16 Feb 20, 2012
I just keep my phone in my hand, I text a lot when I ride. See you at the next bar!
Dewey

Loveland, CO

#17 Apr 5, 2012
I don't really care about listening to music on the road (though it would be nice on very long trips). I'm looking to add GPS and need to find my location (wherever that may be). Anyone know how to connect Garmin Zumo to a bluetooth for my helmet let me know.......I would appreciate it......thanks.
George

Miamisburg, OH

#18 Jun 11, 2012
It's so stupid, I understand if it's a VITAL thing like the nurse up there but the idea to ride is to just get away from the world unless you use it to commute. with something shoved in your ear and someone yapping or music playing is just asking for trouble.
IAmYou

Rapid City, SD

#19 Aug 30, 2012
Hey, the OP just wants to know how to do it. If you do, say so, if not keep your opinions to yourself and STFU!!!
Mike

Mirabel, Canada

#20 Feb 15, 2013
Cell phone saved my life I was riding with no helmet forgot it at home, went off a cliff and fell on my head right on my phone, lucky I had my helmet application in my iphone
Smokey

Lake City, FL

#21 May 13, 2013
I normally love the engine and wind sounds and cannot understand the riders with all the music and noise in their headsets, and I've been riding since 1964.
Also, I've had a rider in front of me cross in front of an Ambulance when the rest of us had already braked due to his love of loud music.
BUT
I ride "Tail end Charlie" on many rides due to carrying 1st Aid kit and being trained 1st Responder/LEO.
In the event of an accident/incident I would like to be able to call not only 911 but also the Road Captain to inform him if it's serious and all stop or have the ride continue on without me and the other bike involved.
Also, I want to be able to report the Dumbass Cagers who think driving and texting and/or drinking doesn't affect their great driving skill without trying to dial with one hand and drive/shift/brake while only holding on with the other (Completely unsafe!)and I've not gotten numbers from a hit and run plate because of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serbia shocked by UEFA decision to accept Kosovo 2 min dsa 15
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Chimney1 30,877
How to Clear Search History on iPhone 5 hr jefflakee 1
News Dayton Hamvention 2016, Day 3: Sunshine and Ser... 6 hr Bob 1
News If there's alien life in the universe, where is... (Jul '15) 14 hr North Mountain 142
News Five Pacific islands vanish from sight as sea l... 15 hr Into The Night 131
News India's mini space shuttle blasts off 16 hr usnews247 1
More from around the web