Pharmacist extends warning after birt...

Pharmacist extends warning after birth control recall

There are 6 comments on the CBC News story from Apr 23, 2013, titled Pharmacist extends warning after birth control recall. In it, CBC News reports that:

A pharmacy in Sudbury is offering free contraception and pregnancy tests to women who may have been affected by a birth control recall earlier this month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Jessie

Coquitlam, Canada

#1 May 3, 2013
A growing number of U.S. women may be opting for intrauterine devices (IUDs) as their birth control method. Some IUDs used in the past were related to serious health problems. Today IUDs are safer, but they still have some risks. Most doctors prefer to use IUDs only in women who have already had a baby. Side effects of all IUDs include cramping or pain when the IUD is first inserted and spotting between periods for the first 3 to 6 months. Side effects of copper IUDs include heavier bleeding and stronger cramps during periods. Side effects of the hormonal IUD include irregular periods in the first 3 to 6 months. Some women stop having periods entirely. However, Mirena IUD, have been recalled due to injurous effects on its user. If you want to know more about Mirena and its side effects, there are articles that I bumped into at mirenalawsuit.us/mirena-iud-ca rries-with-it-some-serious-sid e-effects/ that may be of great help to you.
Elena

Coquitlam, Canada

#2 May 18, 2013
If you are a newbie to birth controls, then it is crucial to consult a doctor first. Birth controls may have different side effects on your body. Doing some research on the internet may help you get to know which birth control method has the lowest side effects. One of the most popular birth controls used by women is the Mirena IUD. It offers long-term protection from pregnancy and is fuss-free to use. There are articles that I have read from http://www.basearticles.com/Author/159306/Sta... that these devices may cause rare but serious health complication, which results into filing of lawsuits against it manufacturer, Bayer.
Lucy

Coquitlam, Canada

#3 May 20, 2013
Choosing birth control has many things that you should consider. First, research on the web and personal experiences is necessary and consult your doctor about what's best contraceptive that fits your personality. I had read about nuvaring contraceptives that might experience complications including blood clots, stroke, heart attack and more. For more information you can also check http://www.basearticles.com/Author/159306/Sta...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4 May 23, 2013
I have an implant in my arm, I'm now on my second one. They last up to 3 years and personally, I've never had any problems with it. No side effects and my periods have stopped altogether.
However, one of my friends that had it, had quite a few side effects and very long,heavy and irregular periods.
I think it just depends on your body, as with all contraceptives, and they work differently for different people.
Steven

Brooklyn, NY

#5 May 24, 2013
Women need to make sure that the birth control they are using is safe and would not backfire. Although no birth control promises a 100 percent protection, there are many forms of contraception to choose from. I think because some of these birth control are failing and even causing severe side effects, women have started to fight back. I have read several articles online and at http://www.nuvaring-lawsuit.com/number-of-law... about this.
Cindy

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jun 5, 2013
With many women turning from using normal birth control pills due to side effects, failure rates, or because other methods claim to be more effective, IUDs have been gaining more acceptance. This is leading to more women using the Mirena IUD and may lead to more cases of Mirena side effects affecting women which may last for up to fifteen years, studies say. Read more about Mirena at http://mirenaiudclassactionlawsuit.org for additional information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recover Deleted text Messages from iPhone with ... (Mar '14) 36 min graceyin2017 31
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 4 hr VetnorsGate 14,951
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 18 hr Dogen 83,810
News At ESPN: 'Perhaps more than any other place in ... 19 hr discuss 1
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone 4 w... (Feb '13) Sun graceyin2017 70
News Face VR Zombies This Month in Daylight's End Dec 9 ERIC 3
2017 CCIE 400-251 Question Answers | Latest Cis... Dec 7 deeny 1
More from around the web