Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28465 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

litesong

Everett, WA

#27500 Jan 4, 2014
"at home in lynching county" coughed:
......so much for global warming..........
//////////
SpaceBlues wrote:
Oh look who showed up in the new year?
//////////
litesong wrote:
Here's the best exchange that shows, "at home in lynching county" has no hi skule DEE-plooomaa:
//////////
litesong wrote:
Many toxic topix AGW deniers have no hi skule DEE-plooomaa, at all.
/////////
An over educated man don't make a smart man.......
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27501 Jan 4, 2014
Hottest year recorded for Australia.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/australias...

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#27502 Jan 5, 2014
B as in B S as in S wrote:
Brian_G wrote:
"Do you see the irony of a global warming research ship getting stuck in unexpected ice and cold weather hindering rescue?"
<quoted text>
Why does that not surprise me?
The real irony is that it's global warming that produced the huge amount of pack ice that trapped the boat.

Warming means Antarctic glaciers are dumping more ice into the sea.
Cut n Paste

Minneapolis, MN

#27503 Jan 5, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
The real irony is that it's global warming that produced the huge amount of pack ice that trapped the boat.
Warming means Antarctic glaciers are dumping more ice into the sea.
http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm
Just as predicted.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27504 Jan 11, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Oh look who showed up in the new year?
Are you bored in winter after holidays? Maybe your wife is nagging you too much in closed quarters... hahahahahaha
ha ha ha ha ha ha no we are not in the hi country for the holidays , we winter south of the equator until the spring thaw then back to the mountains , and my wife is out on the boat fishing with some of the grand kids . but thanks for thinking of us space ball . happy new year to you .

Location hidden

#27505 Jan 11, 2014
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Be very careful, you may fall through thin ice!
yea 15 foot thick ice , sure works good to strand climate change idiots and ice breakers !

Location hidden

#27506 Jan 11, 2014
polar vortex , record snow fall at both polls , record ice pack formation , earthquakes , flood , tidal waves , tornados , drought , volcanos , forest fires , crop circles , aliens , crime , or you name it is all caused by climate change !!! so the experts here would have us believe ! so is there anything on this planet , galaxy , or anything ANYWHERE thats not caused by climate change ? I mean the experts here have blamed climate change for everything and ANYTHING i have posted here and more ! so if the fish in the river farts is it caused by climate change ? Is there no end to the horror of climate change or the CLOSED MINDED ,SCARE TACTICS ,DON'T KNOW ANYTHING , NO COMMON SENSE EXPERTS ON THESE PAGES !!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#27507 Jan 12, 2014
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> yea 15 foot thick ice , sure works good to strand climate change idiots and ice breakers !
sure it all blew away like most of your arguments.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27508 Jan 12, 2014
<quoted text> yea 15 foot thick ice , sure works good to strand climate change idiots and ice breakers !
Trapped in the ice=no GW.

Now that they are free, GW is back on, right?

What a superficial thinker.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27509 Jan 12, 2014
asyke the hyest huffed:
China gests(sic) my attention.... 30 years ago they were hep to the over population problem....... be careful of how many children you have and they did....... enough drinkable water and ample electricity.The three gourges dam solved both problems.
They MUST improve their air, the people are demanding it......government must provide or face revolution or resistance as other countries have lately.
//////////
gcaveman wrote:
A dictatorship.....
//////////
litesong wrote:
chinese communists (always small letters) got my attention over half a century ago with their millions of murders, tortures, & starvations. Indeed, from 1949 to 1970, chinese communists(always small letters) forced the largest massacres on(& under) the face of the Earth. communist chinese(always small letters) murdered, tortured & starved 100(+?) million CHINESE BROTHERS, SISTERS, CHILDREN, & BABIES.
As horrendous as the first two are, the starvings may be the worst. In an effort to get money, chinese communists(always small letters) sold food crops to other countries, deliberately using crops from areas that communist chinese(always small letters) wanted to subdue, leaving those regions WITHOUT food. Wide spread score(s?) of millions of starvations occurred in those areas, & sure 'nuf, them areas are communist chinese(always small letters), now.

Anyhow(as if the worst massacre on the face of the Earth is a prequel), communist chinese (always small letters) can get things done by following trails of past communist chinese (always small letters) dictators. Looking at pollution problems of the 'civilization' of the west, communist chinese (always small letters) allowed such pollution problems, already polluting millions to death, TO GAIN MONEY.

Yeah, communist chinese(always small letters) continue in the worst avenues of communist chinese(always small letters).

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#27510 Jan 12, 2014
polar vortex , record snow fall at both polls , record ice pack formation , earthquakes , flood , tidal waves , tornados , drought , volcanos , forest fires , crop circles , aliens , crime , or you name it is all caused by climate change !!! so the experts here would have us believe ! so is there anything on this planet , galaxy , or anything ANYWHERE thats not caused by climate change ? I mean the experts here have blamed climate change for everything and ANYTHING i have posted here and more ! so if the fish in the river farts is it caused by climate change ? Is there no end to the horror of climate change or the CLOSED MINDED ,SCARE TACTICS ,DON'T KNOW ANYTHING , NO COMMON SENSE EXPERTS ON THESE PAGES !!!
Do you every read some of the more factual posts on here, or you here just trolling & parroting what you have heard elsewhere. Because 99% of the denier so called science has been proven to be factually wrong. Opinions don't count.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27511 Jan 12, 2014
at home in lynching county wrote:
NO COMMON SENSE.......
litesong wrote:
Here's the best exchange that shows, "at home in lynching county" has no hi skule DEE-plooomaa:

//////////
litesong wrote:
Many toxic topix AGW deniers have no hi skule DEE-plooomaa, at all.
/////////
An over educated man don't make a smart man.......
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27512 Jan 12, 2014
The Earth is Warming
Humans are Increasing Atmospheric Greenhouse Gases
Human Greenhouse Gases are Causing Global Warming
The Warming will Continue
The Net Result will be Bad
Arguments to the contrary are superficial
There are legitimate unresolved questions
Smart Risk Management Means Taking Action
We Can Solve the Problem

Thanx to SkS
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27513 Jan 12, 2014
The Earth is Warming
Humans are Increasing Atmospheric Greenhouse Gases
Human Greenhouse Gases are Causing Global Warming
The Warming will Continue
The Net Result will be Bad
Arguments to the contrary are superficial
There are legitimate unresolved questions
Smart Risk Management Means Taking Action
We Can Solve the Problem

Thanx to SkS

i can do repetition too.
SpaceBlues

Humble, TX

#27514 Jan 13, 2014
That's why I do, too.

P.S. What's SkS?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27515 Jan 13, 2014
So you don't believe it is happening? Or do you not believe that Man is causing it?

Are you ignorant or stupid? Cause ignorant can be fixed.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#27516 Jan 13, 2014
There's no experimental evidence man can change global climate. There's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation either. The scientific method means a robust technology testing scientific theory; AGW theory only has virtual tests, no real world tests. That's why man made catastrophic climate change theory is pseudoscience and climate change mitigation is a hoax.

Don't buy a pig in a poke.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27517 Jan 13, 2014
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]Don't buy a pig in a poke.[/QUOTE]

Since "lyin' brian" is a slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener, has a proudly but poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa, WITHOUT science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc, but HAS errors of 1million TIMES, 1000TIMES, 3000TIMES, 73million TIMES, & 2.5+trillion TIMES, "lyin' brian" is a pig to be poked.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27518 Jan 13, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
That's why I do, too.
P.S. What's SkS?
Skeptical Science.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27519 Jan 13, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
There's no experimental evidence man can change global climate. There's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation either. The scientific method means a robust technology testing scientific theory; AGW theory only has virtual tests, no real world tests. That's why man made catastrophic climate change theory is pseudoscience and climate change mitigation is a hoax.
Don't buy a pig in a poke.
"Science denial almost always has nothing to do with science."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/13/1269...

You and Inhofe are a lot alike. You know you're wrong, but you have your job to protect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 3 hr SoE 14,629
News REVEALED: The number of people who would romp w... 5 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 16
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr replaytime 81,558
News Some workers risk being fired if they evacuate ... 14 hr Nipples City Manager 7
News NASA reports 2008 is ninth warmest year since 1880 (Dec '08) 16 hr GIGO 8
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) 19 hr good hacker here 743
Latest Microsoft 70-411 Dumps - Administering W... 22 hr TOMY 2
More from around the web