Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28463 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

SpaceBlues

United States

#27277 Sep 22, 2013
MickyRat wrote:
<quoted text>To another:

OH...shutUP
Ditto.

I wanted to say the same to several deniers today. LOL.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#27278 Sep 23, 2013
The Integral wrote:
That explains why you are so clueless.
What do you expect on a forum like this, other geniuses like you?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#27279 Sep 23, 2013
MickyRat wrote:
OH...shutUP
You don't want to share the most compelling experiment you've found for man made catastrophic climate change? Please share.
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27280 Sep 26, 2013
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you expect on a forum like this, other geniuses like you?

and perhaps more with a stunning scientific background you seem to possess ...
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27281 Sep 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You don't want to share the most compelling experiment you've found for man made catastrophic climate change? Please share.
With your obsessive desire for a compelling experiment I would have thought you would have designed/presented one by now...
I wonder why you haven't ?
SoE

Sioux Falls, SD

#27282 Sep 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually what Brian has said...and I believe I understand.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27283 Oct 6, 2013
The Integral wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains why you are so clueless.
No what it means is that people SHOULD THINK FOR THEMSELVES and not believe everything they read ,see ,or hear like a little mind controlled warmer cyborg . Do any of you worshipers ever leave your computer go outside and look for yourselves to have your own thoughts ? Or only read , believe and swallow hook line and sinker every climate story ,study ha ha that you read ? Really again time and again you warmers prove that most of you don't really have any common sense or your own thought's ! Look Chicken Little the sky is falling ! Well maybe then the planet WILL BURST INTO FLAMES and the you will both prove yourself right and be HAPPY !
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27284 Oct 6, 2013
A weirdo is back to spew nonsense .. again.. Please go back where you came from..

You have not even heard of the IPCC AR 5, DUH..

Location hidden

#27285 Oct 6, 2013
What a wonderful climate report from the U.N. can we all say BULL SHIP !!!! Boy talk about deniers ! No proof that man is the cause except that they feel man is the cause , no reliable scientific research to rely on with all the now discredited e mails ,lies,biased research etc, And even deny that the planet has been cooling off since 1998 ! All the heat is being pushed into the deep oceans FARGIN REALLY ! Every elementary school student knows that the oceans have thermal layers which change in density and depth every day .
So what are people to believe the now discredited studies , ocean depth warming or we just have a FARGIN FEELING ! Really warmer's change concern , cause, and correction like the wind yet base it all on junk science ,speculation ,and FEELINGS !
SpaceBlues

United States

#27286 Oct 6, 2013
Its arrogance fueled by ignorance has shocked us out of our socks, LOL.

What could you possibly say to nonsense? NONSENSE, that's all!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#27287 Oct 7, 2013
home in lincoln county wrote:
What a wonderful climate report from the U.N. can we all say BULL SHIP !!!! Boy talk about deniers ! No proof that man is the cause except that they feel man is the cause , no reliable scientific research to rely on with all the now discredited e mails ,lies,biased research etc, And even deny that the planet has been cooling off since 1998 ! All the heat is being pushed into the deep oceans FARGIN REALLY ! Every elementary school student knows that the oceans have thermal layers which change in density and depth every day .
So what are people to believe the now discredited studies , ocean depth warming or we just have a FARGIN FEELING ! Really warmer's change concern , cause, and correction like the wind yet base it all on junk science ,speculation ,and FEELINGS !
Show us the data that shows the Earth cooling off since 1998. Since the warmest decade ever recorded is the past decade, I bet you cannot. You are just venting more hot air.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27288 Oct 7, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've often noted, gcaveman doesn't know what an experiment is if he believes "the experiment is ongoing now", experiments are controlled. Since we have only one Earth, time, reversing the treatment and random retests can be used to detect a climate signal from a known and controlled emission or sequestration of a greenhouse gas.
Please, catch up.
Your demand for an experiment is pointless.

You are an idiot. I am not. This is where we differ.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27289 Oct 7, 2013
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> As I have posted here time and time again I DO NOT POST OR READ LINKS TO THE WORKS OF OTHERS , so you will have to do a little research and find these stories for your self if you can have an open mind or if YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED . Which i dare say that almost every believer on these pages ARE NOT INTERESTED IN DIFFERENT VIEWS !
How very convenient!

You can say any kind of bullshit and not have to prove it!

And, you can ignore the proof from others and remain blessedly ignorant!

Total sum: that makes you a bullshitting ignoramus.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27290 Oct 7, 2013
at home in lynching county wrote:
people SHOULD THINK FOR THEMSELVES......
Yeah, every child has to derive Kepler's 3 Laws of Planetary Motion, Newton's Theory of Gravitation, & Einstein's Theory of Relativity before fourth grade. Exceptions are made for dead-head toxic topix AGW deniers, specially "slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig dirtling" & "slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener lyin' brian"

Location hidden

#27291 Oct 7, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How very convenient!
You can say any kind of bullshit and not have to prove it!
And, you can ignore the proof from others and remain blessedly ignorant!
Total sum: that makes you a bullshitting ignoramus.
Really my B.S. is no or less reliable than the B.S. that you and others post on these pages . However I am able to see through your and your fellow believer B.S. and am able to come to my own conclusions without reading the B.S. from some little job scared so called expert or his cronies on these pages . So all in all I would say that I am less ignorant that all you climate worshipers combined and yes Iam BLESSED !

Location hidden

#27292 Oct 7, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the data that shows the Earth cooling off since 1998. Since the warmest decade ever recorded is the past decade, I bet you cannot. You are just venting more hot air.
Wow Blozo not don't pop take a breath and count to 1000 ( could we be so lucky ), But seriously would it really matter if I were to post links to the reports ,the reports themselves ? No not really because you and I both know that you and the other believers here would never take the time to read them anyway . And like I posted I am not going to do your work for you if you are really interested you know how to do a little research and find these reports the same as I . Or is this how you and the rest of the believers have gone through life by letting other do your research - work for you ?

Location hidden

#27293 Oct 7, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, every child has to derive Kepler's 3 Laws of Planetary Motion, Newton's Theory of Gravitation, & Einstein's Theory of Relativity before fourth grade. Exceptions are made for dead-head toxic topix AGW deniers, specially "slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig dirtling" & "slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND alleged & proud threatener lyin' brian"
Well swan song I thought you had died and left the planet . But your usual rant of racism , stupidity ,ignorance and just plain craziness never fails to shock us all ,you derive such hatred of a person just from the few writing on these pages . Such a small closed bigoted mind , I could almost feel sorry for you but you and the other experts are all self made and deserve no pity because all of you have none !
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27294 Oct 7, 2013
This weirdo has come here regularly to spread its hatred and anger and tell that it has green to spend. Then it gets really sensitive and hurt that those whom it messed with don't agree with it...

BWAHAHAHAHA
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#27295 Oct 7, 2013
To put the history of life on planet earth into a time perspective, imagine unrolling a toilet roll down a hillside. If there are 400 sheets of tissue paper in the roll, then the very first life in the oceans is seen at sheet 240. The age of the dinosaurs begins at sheet 19. Dinosaurs in their many forms and great diversity are around for 14 and a half sheets. Dinosaurs are extinct by the end of the Cretaceous, 5 squares from the end, making way for the mammals. Our story and place on the timeline as upright walking apes begins only in the last half of the very last sheet. The human story as Homo sapiens, is represented by less than 2 millimeters of this, some 200,000 years.

Our own individual lifetimes cannot be depicted on this final sheet of the toilet roll as it would be too thin a line, yet we have been witness to more change to the planet, to the diversity of life, global climate and natural habitats in this same time period. We are undoubtedly the cause of the sixth mass extinction event that the planet has seen in its history.

The last 50 years has shown an enormous increase in human population, but also extraordinary leaps in technological innovation. The question that needs to be asked is if we can rise to the opportunity, to use our technology to better understand our impact, to stem the tide of extinction on land and in the oceans, to preserve what we have left, and to discover and understand more about our past. What the fossil record does do is to force us to contemplate our place on the planet. We are but one species of several hominids that inhabited planet earth and like our distant cousins who went extinct fairly recently, our time on planet earth is also finite. It won't take much to tip the balance against us.
[Louise Leakey]
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27296 Oct 7, 2013
So "blessedly ignorant" really is a life-goal for some people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr 15th Dalai Lama 85,588
News Real-Life Thor's Hammer and 3 More Weird Invent... 18 hr Pardon Pard 1
News First Las Cruces Space Festival planned in April Fri mountainrogue 1
News Global warming roars on: Past four years have b... Fri Patriot AKA Bozo 1
action replay codes for the new super mario bros. (Jan '08) Thu Hacker 929
News Japanese Astronaut Testing Stink-Free Underwear (Jul '09) Jan 16 penny 13
News Boxed: Costco for millennials adds booze to its... Jan 16 chrystal craft 1
More from around the web