Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28470 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#27044 Jul 22, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
It's not ad hominem when the claim has been thoroughly torn apart and yet you still insist on it.
Not everyone believes in pseudoscience:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/ameri...

gcaveman1 wrote:
What choice do we have? You keep acting stupid. The experiment idea has crashed and burned. There's nothing else to do but attack the stupid idiot that keeps dragging it back up.
The Scientific Method defines good science, not consensus.

gcaveman1 wrote:
We ask how you would do the experiment, and you reply that's not your job. You're just a layman, you say. Well, why don't you lay off the experiment bullshit since you're just a layman?
You don't have to be a scientist to promote the scientific method.

gcaveman1 wrote:
So a single subject experimental paradigm for for climate change would be to stop pumping greenhouse gases into the air since we have already seen, and experimented with, what adding them will do.
We've never experimented with adding CO2 to the air with our fossil fuel use; there was no control. Now, if you wanted to burn a known large amount of fossil fuel to measure the increase in atmospheric CO2, go for it.

Such an experiment hasn't been published in any peer reviewed journal.
SpaceBlues

United States

#27045 Jul 22, 2013
The most annoying thing is a denier slaughtering science.

It was done before. Why do the ignorant dare what they don't know? Why don't they try open heart surgery while they are still delusional in science matters?
SpaceBlues

United States

#27046 Jul 22, 2013
Q: What is a double bs'er called?

A: BBSS.

Good grief!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27047 Jul 23, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
With 90 micrograms of LSD, you'd be trippin' far worse than you are.
There are radioactive substances toxic at the billionths-of-a-gram level.
Heard of deaths from spider bites? But spiders are so small!
tons and tons of manmade pollution , how many above ground nuke test in the 50's and 60's , volcanic ash , other natural earth and solar activity. all of it circulating around the planet only since the planet was born except for the first two and we're still here , no flaming planet no cities under water and warmers have no common sense !

Location hidden

#27048 Jul 23, 2013
save the planet destroy your home , crush your car, never use any type of transportation except walking , eat all food raw and uncooked , never bathe ,brush your teeth hold all body functions in . ok got it live in a cave . oh and one more thing above all STOP BREATHING !!! ok so how many of you believer have done any or all of these things ?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#27049 Jul 23, 2013
home in lincoln county wrote:
<quoted text> tons and tons of manmade pollution , how many above ground nuke test in the 50's and 60's , volcanic ash , other natural earth and solar activity. all of it circulating around the planet only since the planet was born except for the first two and we're still here , no flaming planet no cities under water and warmers have no common sense !
Right, just continue pooping in the nest. God will clean it out.

What you wrote reeks of stupidity.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27051 Jul 23, 2013
at home in lynching county wrote:
at 81 i don't have or let much annoy me.........
Because you don't let things annoy you, you're too old to affect the destiny of your great grandchildren.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27053 Jul 23, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]..... gcaveman1 conveniently forgets to include.....[/QUOTE]

"lyin' brian" forgets to include that it is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4 time alleged & 4 time proud threatener. "lyin' brian" also also forgot to include science & mathematics, in its poorly earned education. But "lyin' brian" DID include ERRORS of 1 million TIMES, 3000 TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 73 million TIMES, & 2.5+ trillion TIMES.
litesong

Everett, WA

#27054 Jul 23, 2013
..... all STOP BREATHING !!!
At 81, "at home in lynching county" wants company.......

Location hidden

#27055 Jul 23, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, just continue pooping in the nest. God will clean it out.
What you wrote reeks of stupidity.
no my post reeks of COMMON SENSE which fools of in warming don't have ! and yes you are right god or whatever you wish to believe in will and has cleaned it up for millions of years ever before man was here .

Location hidden

#27056 Jul 23, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
At 81, "at home in lynching county" wants company.......
but not yours swan song !

Location hidden

#27057 Jul 23, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you don't let things annoy you, you're too old to affect the destiny of your great grandchildren.
which none of them believe in global crap . and they all will be taken care of on my passing as will the church we attend and some charities we donate to . seems their destiny and my legacy are both safe . hows yours ? one degree !!!!! facts don't lie unlike most self serving so called scientist .

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#27058 Jul 23, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
The most annoying thing is a denier slaughtering science.
It was done before. Why do the ignorant dare what they don't know? Why don't they try open heart surgery while they are still delusional in science matters?
Why don't they publish a peer reviewed, reproducible experiment that demonstrates the effectiveness of climate change mitigation or the effects of adding a known and measured greenhouse gas into the atmosphere? If they did, I'd change my mind and stop being skeptical of man made catastrophic global warming and climate change mitigation. What would it take for you to change your mind?

Location hidden

#27059 Jul 23, 2013
<quoted text> no my post reeks of COMMON SENSE which fools of in warming don't have ! and yes you are right god or whatever you wish to believe in will and has cleaned it up for millions of years ever before man was here .
Does your mommie still clean up your messes?

Location hidden

#27060 Jul 24, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your mommie still clean up your messes?
unlike you i know who my mother is , and no i clean my own messes .
litesong

Everett, WA

#27061 Jul 24, 2013
i clean my own messes .
My car, which many have complained about its poor mpg, is averaging 38+mpg. I didn't make a mess.

Location hidden

#27062 Jul 24, 2013
<quoted text> unlike you i know who my mother is , and no i clean my own messes .
You need to get started, then.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27063 Jul 24, 2013
Well, OK, I'm off to the Climate Leaders conference in Chicago tomorrow, doing something else with my life that really matters. With all the other activists, from farmers to PhD's, from about 50 countries and schools like Harvard and UCLA.

The conference runs July 30-August 1. I'll try to keep you apprised or catch up when it's over.

And if I can get close enough to old Al, I'm going to feel under his hair for those horns you deniers say he has.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27064 Jul 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't they publish a peer reviewed, reproducible experiment that demonstrates the effectiveness of climate change mitigation or the effects of adding a known and measured greenhouse gas into the atmosphere? If they did, I'd change my mind and stop being skeptical of man made catastrophic global warming and climate change mitigation. What would it take for you to change your mind?
You can't possibly change your mind.

You'd have to have one first.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27065 Jul 24, 2013
Even the ChiComms realize they have a problem...

(Reuters)- China plans to invest 1.7 trillion yuan ($277 billion) to combat air pollution over the next five years, state media said on Thursday, underscoring the new government's concerns about addressing a key source of social discontent.

The money is to be spent primarily in regions that have heavy air pollution and high levels of PM 2.5, the state-run China Daily newspaper quoted Wang Jinnan, vice-president of the Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning as saying. Wang helped draft the plan.

Tiny floating particles, measuring 2.5 micrometers or less in diameter, are especially hazardous because they can settle in the lungs and cause respiratory problems and other illnesses.

The new plan specifically targets northern China, particularly Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei province, where air pollution is especially serious, the newspaper said.

The government plans to reduce air emissions by 25 percent by 2017 compared with 2012 levels in those areas, according to the report.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 min Thinking 10,107
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 43 min Chimney1 43,441
News E-commerce giant urges businesses to write PM o... 1 hr Little Stevie Wan... 2
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 1 hr 0smius 10,855
News The many benefits of space gardening (Aug '15) 4 hr WilliamCrawford 5
News Boredom was hardest part of yearlong dome isola... 5 hr many on earth same 1
Recover Deleted text Messages from iPhone with ... (Mar '14) 6 hr Billy Reynolds 22
More from around the web