Expert: We must act fast on warming

Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 28470 comments on the Kansas.com story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#26477 Feb 4, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
..........
So wake up and smell the rodent dung.
..........
Ah,..a bit more like i would expect of your PHD
..
I don't think there is ANY degree there, maybe not even a high school degree.

I think her initials are Penny HD.

--Like Penny Henrietta Doofus.
or it could stand for Penny hates Democrats or Pinney hates Democracy.
SoE

United States

#26478 Feb 4, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>So you have nothing but an empty chair.
No
I posted that as a platform to demonstrate,in more than one fashion,what is "really really" empty...
again call me when anything like 'real real" science saunters by..
Perhaps we will all end up on a thread discussing Einstein and his need to insert the C constant...ya reckon?
SoE

United States

#26479 Feb 4, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think there is ANY degree there, maybe not even a high school degree.
I think her initials are Penny HD.
--Like Penny Henrietta Doofus.
or it could stand for Penny hates Democrats or Pinney hates Democracy.
Hahaha
I will assume ,if she will consent,the probability is quite high+
You know her position regarding assumptions..:-)
SoE

United States

#26480 Feb 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
If you believe in man made global climate change leading to catastrophe; I'm your worst nightmare. I invent greenhouse gas as a hobby, emit CO2 like it's nobody's business and love using and producing energy and fuel.
I advocate growth and prosperity. McMansions for everyone! Live for today and conserve when you're dead.
In the year 9595
if your decendents are still alive
you may have reduced to oil
causing them less toil
and thankful they will be...
One thing i will credit you for is your unabashed and non-evasive posted position...
I ,of course, don't agree for reasons to numerous to list..but that's another story...
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#26481 Feb 4, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
No
I posted that as a platform to demonstrate,in more than one fashion,what is "really really" empty...
again call me when anything like 'real real" science saunters by..
Perhaps we will all end up on a thread discussing Einstein and his need to insert the C constant...ya reckon?
Perhaps, he was in error as well.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#26482 Feb 4, 2013
SoE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha
I will assume ,if she will consent,the probability is quite high+
You know her position regarding assumptions..:-)
You and the wallop10 AKA walloped again and again made another ASSumption of your ----self. I never mentioned my gender.
SoE

Garden City, ID

#26483 Feb 4, 2013
PHD
( Deutsche is your mode of gender.)

SoE
After that segment posted i thought it of little consequence...or scientific value..:-)
Janes

Hanoi, Vietnam

#26484 Feb 4, 2013
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#26485 Feb 5, 2013
SoE wrote:
PHD
( Deutsche is your mode of gender.)
SoE
After that segment posted i thought it of little consequence...or scientific value..:-)
How would you know? Are you sticking your little peanut head where it doesn’t belong? And you are correct you do think very little and have no scientific value.
SoE

United States

#26486 Feb 5, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>How would you know? Are you sticking your little peanut head where it doesn’t belong? And you are correct you do think very little and have no scientific value.
Only you will have the capacity of knowing how that relates to anything....
SoE

United States

#26487 Feb 5, 2013

Actually what i find puzzling is your expenditure of time posting or replying to my posts.
I would think you would find introducing others to "real" science more rewarding...?

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#26488 Feb 5, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
Then you will be morally responsible for tomorrow's disasters.
Like witches were morally responsible; I reject mob ideology and encourage civil discourse. You won't pin climate disasters on my fossil fuel use more than you could pin beautiful weather on green technology without experimental tests.

Climate change mitigation is a hoax because its base is untested pseudoscience.

.
Wallop10 wrote:
Make sure your children know you laughed at the idea of stewardship --
Laugh or cry, mitigating climate on future taxpayers with enormous debt is a terrible idea. Better yet, our government may encourage the production and use of energy and fuel. That way, everyone prospers.

.
Wallop10 wrote:
i.e., scoffed at the idea they should inherit a planet that wouldn't cost them a fortune to try and fix the pollution.
Pollution can't be fixed by money. Get government involved and all you get is superfunds like Love Canal.

Stop wasteful government spending; if we can't afford to pay social security; see if they want a land grant. Grant more access for energy and fuel production. Export energy, that way we won't be dependent on anything but payment.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#26489 Feb 5, 2013
SoE wrote:
Actually what i find puzzling is your expenditure of time posting or replying to my posts.
I would think you would find introducing others to "real" science more rewarding...?
Well let’s say that I enjoy helping the mentally challenged people. You do know the difference between real science and scientific science fiction?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#26490 Feb 5, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Well let’s say that I enjoy helping the mentally challenged people. You do know the difference between real science and scientific science fiction?
Yes I do
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#26491 Feb 5, 2013
Eloteman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do
Now there are two.
Robert Bicknese

Rock Springs, WY

#26492 Feb 5, 2013
And how do you plan to stop a natural occurence,
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#26493 Feb 5, 2013
By scientific science fiction.
litesong

Everett, WA

#26494 Feb 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I reject mob ideology.......
Finally,'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' rejects himself, its slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigisms AND its alleged & proud threats.
SoE

United States

#26495 Feb 5, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Well let’s say that I enjoy helping the mentally challenged people. You do know the difference between real science and scientific science fiction?
.........
Well let’s say that I enjoy helping the mentally challenged people.
.........
Well, please pass by me. I don't believe helping the unfortunate become ..more..mentally challenged would be a desired direction..
.........
You do know the difference between real science and scientific science fiction?
.........
yes, although i haven't came across a definitive answer in 1166 pages of the Handbook of tables for Applied Engineering Science.
(Bolz/Tuve)
Concise Encyclopedia of the Sciences
Science Desk Reference
etc.....

Addend: You ,being interested in science, may find the book Ringworld Engineers interesting.
A science fiction by Niven ( it contains new and interesting ideas)
I don't know if it's still available(or if you could follow the difficulty of the construct)
litesong

Everett, WA

#26496 Feb 5, 2013
phud fetid feces face fiend wrote:
......smell the rodent dung.
"phud fetid feces face fiend" needs help smelling rodent dung, since the fetid feces on its face are masking the rodent dung scent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min Aura Mytha 43,313
Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 Protective Silicone Case ... 42 min vapingnews 1
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 1 hr SoE 10,832
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 10,064
Blogger Tips: Inline Blogger Comments! How to? (Oct '08) 23 hr WatchAMonster 2
News Kawakami: Kaepernick's uninspiring performance ... Sat Cut The Kitty 2
News 8 cool "habitable" planets Sat Stephany McDowell 2
More from around the web