Expert: We must act fast on warming

There are 20 comments on the Sep 24, 2008, Kansas.com story titled Expert: We must act fast on warming. In it, Kansas.com reports that:

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas.com.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#26190 Nov 19, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you blathering about? Why would universities pay engineers? Universities do much of the prime research that companies make money from developing and selling. Prime research is not a guarantee that a profit will be returned. The corporations only use the ones that will make them money. Like the illegals they hired, they let the rest of us pay for their health and education while they exploit their cheaper labor.
I never said that universities invented fracking.
Yet universities are not the only ones doing "prime research". Many companies like pharamcudicals are doing their own research and in the field of pharacudicals the simple fact is that universities are doing very little. Another field that companies are doing more research in than universities is geology. Oh and lets not forget electronics. Very few universities are doing much research in either while companies are spending millions in those field. Even in the field of flight there are both companies and NASA that are doing far more than all the universities combined.

The fact is that there are many fields of study that universities are contribute little to. Of course the real issue is that you cannot admit that there are companies who are involved in research. Companies that are discovering the next life saving drug, developing the next cutting edge processor exploring deeper into the earth. Creating new devices to peer into the human body or deeper into the earth.

As for is "bathering", try looking into the mirror. The face you see will be the one "blathering".

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#26191 Nov 19, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet universities are not the only ones doing "prime research". Many companies like pharamcudicals are doing their own research and in the field of pharacudicals the simple fact is that universities are doing very little. Another field that companies are doing more research in than universities is geology. Oh and lets not forget electronics. Very few universities are doing much research in either while companies are spending millions in those field. Even in the field of flight there are both companies and NASA that are doing far more than all the universities combined.
The fact is that there are many fields of study that universities are contribute little to. Of course the real issue is that you cannot admit that there are companies who are involved in research. Companies that are discovering the next life saving drug, developing the next cutting edge processor exploring deeper into the earth. Creating new devices to peer into the human body or deeper into the earth.
As for is "bathering", try looking into the mirror. The face you see will be the one "blathering".
Now,that is really a dumb statement. The majority of prime research comes from the Universities.
PHD

Oak Park, MI

#26192 Nov 20, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now,that is really a dumb statement. The majority of prime research comes from the Universities.
All statements by the Less than a Box of Rocks AKA"tina" are really dumb. The Less than a Box of Rocks AKA"tina" claims it has a higher education from the University and teaches at the University it lives near. Maybe some rethinking needs to be revisited when it comes from its University. "NOT" it’s only the Less than a Box of Rocks AKA "tina" that failed the system.
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#26194 Nov 23, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …Elf Rant let it snow for Christmas

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#26195 Nov 23, 2012
Think first, then act.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#26196 Nov 23, 2012
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
Think first, then act.
"steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" can't think or he would have a hi skule deegreee with upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc.

Therefore, he can't act........ except to continue running his V-8 & urging people to give more money to the oil industry, in hopes his two-bit oil can job might give him a raise to 3-bits.

Since: Mar 09

Kinsley, KS

#26197 Nov 24, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Think first, then act.
Try it.
PHD

Oak Park, MI

#26198 Nov 24, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" can't think or he would have a hi skule deegreee with upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc.
Therefore, he can't act........ except to continue running his V-8 & urging people to give more money to the oil industry, in hopes his two-bit oil can job might give him a raise to 3-bits.
More tainted hate. Truly get your dictionary out and look up love. The word you frequently use in your answers. Be sure to sit down we wouldn't want you to get hurt when you faint.Oh do show all the people with less than an education you boast about that failed America.Must be because you only studied Pre-calc.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#26199 Nov 24, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>More tainted hate....
All he has is hate. Don't take away his last hope.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#26200 Nov 24, 2012
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
All he has is hate. Don't take away his last......
No one can take away my hate for toxic topix AGW deniers, who are also, slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners.
PHD

Oak Park, MI

#26201 Nov 24, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>All he has is hate. Don't take away his last hope.
I disagree the litesong has more to offer. Everyone gets a chance to go off the deep end and spew some hate. Some need to be put in check due to their abuse of tainted hate. Ask the responder and the dirtling it's their forte.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#26202 Nov 26, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now,that is really a dumb statement. The majority of prime research comes from the Universities.
What I notice is a lack of proof to back up your claims. Meanwhile I could for example point out how pharacudical companies are deeply involved in drug research. Or of course if you start looking at where the research jobs are in aerospace you would discover that Lockeed Martin and Boeing are hiring just as many if not more researcher than NASA. How about geologist, those oil and mining companies employ far more geologist in research than universities. They also spend far more in geological research than all the universities combined.

Of course the real revealing numbers are how many universities are hiring researchers and how many researchers are being hired away from universities. The simple fact is that they can afford to pay them more and can afford to fund more research than an university. Of course they are not trying to fund a football and basketball team as well.

The fact is that universities are no longer the prime source of research in most fields. In a few fields like astrophysics they are still contributing but in many fields businesses are the ones leading the way. They are leading the way because if they don't then the competition will develop the next big thing. The next big drug that will allow people to live longer or that next big oil field. The next cutting edge design for a superfighter that includes materials that are capable of handling G loads previously undreamed that will also find their way into the next airliner. The next processor that not only is capable of operating in a supercomputer used to model global systems and the same design will find itself in the latest cell phone or gaming system.

You have a need to believe that the world could survive without those companies and their cutting edge research. A need to hate those companies which means you cannot see the good with the bad. How they are making lives better.

http://www.careersinpharmaceutical.com/pharma...
PHD

Oak Park, MI

#26203 Nov 26, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
What I notice is a lack of proof to back up your claims. Meanwhile I could for example point out how pharacudical companies are deeply involved in drug research. Or of course if you start looking at where the research jobs are in aerospace you would discover that Lockeed Martin and Boeing are hiring just as many if not more researcher than NASA. How about geologist, those oil and mining companies employ far more geologist in research than universities. They also spend far more in geological research than all the universities combined.
Of course the real revealing numbers are how many universities are hiring researchers and how many researchers are being hired away from universities. The simple fact is that they can afford to pay them more and can afford to fund more research than an university. Of course they are not trying to fund a football and basketball team as well.
The fact is that universities are no longer the prime source of research in most fields. In a few fields like astrophysics they are still contributing but in many fields businesses are the ones leading the way. They are leading the way because if they don't then the competition will develop the next big thing. The next big drug that will allow people to live longer or that next big oil field. The next cutting edge design for a superfighter that includes materials that are capable of handling G loads previously undreamed that will also find their way into the next airliner. The next processor that not only is capable of operating in a supercomputer used to model global systems and the same design will find itself in the latest cell phone or gaming system.
You have a need to believe that the world could survive without those companies and their cutting edge research. A need to hate those companies which means you cannot see the good with the bad. How they are making lives better.
http://www.careersinpharmaceutical.com/pharma...
What you failed to notice is that you aer Less than a Box of Rocks and at no time could you understand what would be good for the human kind. To make it simple for you the only thing you have is useless babble.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#26204 Nov 26, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can take away my hate for toxic topix AGW deniers, who are also, slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners.
And of course your hate blinds you from the truth. That you are more like the ones you hate than you realize. That you are the one who is truely in denial.
PHD

Oak Park, MI

#26205 Nov 26, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course your hate blinds you from the truth. That you are more like the ones you hate than you realize. That you are the one who is truely in denial.
What the hell is as you say?
"That you are the one who is truly in denial" You are in denial you are Less than a Box of Rocks and continue to embarrass your gender. Could it be that you have accelerated in moon shine making and sipped one too many?

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#26206 Nov 26, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell is as you say?
"That you are the one who is truly in denial" You are in denial you are Less than a Box of Rocks and continue to embarrass your gender. Could it be that you have accelerated in moon shine making and sipped one too many?
Of course you cannot embarrass your gender any more than you have already have.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#26207 Nov 26, 2012
tiny-minded anne wrote:
And of course your hate blinds you from the truth. That you are more like the ones you hate than you realize. That you are the one who is truely in denial.
Hate hateful things, like toxic topix AGW deniers, who are slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners.

It is a good & positive way to live. It is far superior than continuing to allow toxic topix AGW deniers, who are slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pigs AND alleged & proud threateners, like you do.
PHD

Oak Park, MI

#26208 Nov 26, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you cannot embarrass your gender any more than you have already have.
Try a little harder your response is useless just like your Less than a Box of Rocks answers. Now answer the question.
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#26209 Nov 27, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
He who learns but does not think, is lost He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.
-
1. Flooding.
We've all seen the pictures of disappearing glaciers and the predictions of rising sea levels. Most people live close to the sea, but many are in denial about the impact of global warming. They falsely believe that the only change that will affect them will be a few centimeter rise of sea level over many decades. Without government action to move them away into newly-built cities, they will continue to live on land most prone to flooding and most exposed to hurricanes, tornadoes and thunderstorms, until a disaster hits them like we've seen happen in New Orleans. The task ahead is many scales larger than the evacuation of New Orleans, which after all occurred in the richest nation on earth while all other infrastructure in the US was in good working order. Ironically, global warming comes with increased risks not only of flooding, but also of shortage of water
----
Probally hurry but dont Panic!
PHD

Springfield, MO

#26210 Nov 27, 2012
Could be global cooling. Maybe climate change but then again a bad forecast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MB7-700 practice test, Dynamics NAV 2013 MB7-7... 23 min thc2040951 1
ANZ Studio Premium Web design 36 min ANZ_Studio 1
MB6-704 pdf, Microsoft MB6-704 online training ... 43 min thc2040951 1
News Who Inspired You to be an Engineer? 54 min Punch Drunk Love 64
Microsoft MB6-703 exam questions & MB6-703 stud... 1 hr thc2040928 1
MB2-708 exam vce - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MB2-7... 1 hr thc2040928 1
MB2-704 - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MB2-704 practi... 1 hr thc2040928 1
More from around the web