Expert: We must act fast on warming

Sep 24, 2008 Full story: Kansas.com 27,952

Droughts, melting ice caps and glaciers, rising sea levels and mass extinctions will all be a reality unless the U.S. and the world cut back on carbon emissions dramatically, said James Hansen, director of ...

Full Story

“GOD OF ALL”

Since: Aug 12

Oxford, UK

#26035 Oct 2, 2012
Since the cosmic worm swallowed the entire planet shouldn't that be worming not warming.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26036 Oct 2, 2012
Dark or dork.

Wow … so how do we hide that?
PHD

Houston, TX

#26037 Oct 3, 2012
You allow more useless babble from the dirtling.
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#26038 Oct 3, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Has anyone found an experiment that supports climate change mitigation?
If so, would you please cite?
LOL Just stopped by when I saw this Brian guy's comment. LOL Citing facts to such a one is like trying to teach your dog Physics !. Thanks for the laugh.... LOL
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

#26039 Oct 3, 2012
Fair Game wrote:
Christy's lies:
<quoted text>
1) He's talking about the USA, not the world:
<quoted text>
http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php...
2) Not even true in the US any more:
<quoted text>
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/heat-wave-...
Christy lies is correct. False make believe research is all Christy has.Whether just here in the USA or the world, facts are false. Put this one on a list to further disregard as genious.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26040 Oct 3, 2012
Bernard Forand wrote:
LOL Just stopped by when I saw this Brian guy's comment. LOL Citing facts to such a one is like trying to teach your dog Physics !. Thanks for the laugh.... LOL
You're most welcome.

Can you describe your understanding of the scientific method? What is the most compelling test you've found for man made global climate change?
PHD

Houston, TX

#26041 Oct 3, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You're most welcome.
Can you describe your understanding of the scientific method? What is the most compelling test you've found for man made global climate change?
Yes the dirtling.Most compelling test is all the useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam cut and paste HOT AIR spewed by the dirtling.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#26043 Oct 3, 2012
The title:
Expert: We must act fast on warming
//////////
litesong wrote:
WE MUST ACT FAST ON WARMING!

Latest about Arctic sea ice melt 'and recovery':

Barely ABOVE 4 million km2, Arctic sea ice extent is still BELOW any recorded level in any previous year for ~6 weeks, presently at 4,166,563 km2 (October 2, 2012), fractionally gaining ~25,000 km2(a bit more than West Virginia area) of sea ice the previous day, despite the sun, unseen, from the North Pole for 10+ days, & temperatures above the 80th parallel, a bit above -13 degC, fractionally above normal, although past weeks of Arctic temperatures have been averaging 7degC high.

Much warmth built up in Arctic waters these past months is resisting its conversion back to sea ice, especially southern Arctic waters which have seen much more solar energy absorbed than northern Arctic clear waters. Only along the Greenland east coast is sea ice extending greatly south. All other regions, including the Northwest Passage, Northeast Passage & Arctic waters, south of the Arctic Ice Pack, resist conversion back to Arctic sea ice.

IN ADDITION, for months, any downwellings in the Arctic waters that have been ice-free, have been conducting much captured solar energy radiating on those clear waters, to the depths of the continental shelves & Arctic Ocean.

This same Arctic Ocean warmth is & will continue to keep Arctic sea ice thinner through the coming winter & even spring. As of October 2, Arctic sea ice VOLUME is ~23% lower than any satellite recorded year AND indications of submarine-detected Arctic sea ice VOLUME.

Yes, the Arctic sea ice Volume is disappearing, day to day, & year to year, quicker than the Arctic sea ice extent, even in the time of Arctic sea ice increase.
SoE

Montpelier, ND

#26044 Oct 3, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You're most welcome.
What is the most compelling test that you have performed proving
global climate change isn't going to be a future problem ?
Please enter in the equation population growth..
Also you might have ta plot an extreme(from her office) that can be reached still allowing the ability to reverse any ill effects..
I'm sure many would find that information reassuring...
SoE

Montpelier, ND

#26045 Oct 3, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
Dark or dork.
Perhaps it's a matter of the density of x approching infinity..?
SoE

Montpelier, ND

#26046 Oct 3, 2012
Approaching...then again maybe not...:-)
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#26047 Oct 3, 2012
Bernard Forand wrote:
Citing facts to such a one(brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver) is like trying to teach your dog Physics !.
You have a lower opinion of 'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' than I do. I thought he had a sub-sub-kindergarten comprehension of his poorly earned hi skule deegreee. Of course, he is also a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig & 4-time alleged & 3-time proud threatener..... which makes our assessments equal.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#26048 Oct 4, 2012
Bernard Forand wrote:
False make believe research is all Christy has.
Don't you think his employers should be informed?
Bernard Forand wrote:
Whether just here in the USA or the world, facts are false.
Facts are false?
Bernard Forand wrote:
Put this one on a list to further disregard as genious[sic].
?¿?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26049 Oct 4, 2012
SoE wrote:
Approaching...then again maybe not...:-)
Take a derivative per L'Hôpital's rule.

Next!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#26050 Oct 4, 2012
Hey somebody does not know about the L'Hôpital's rule. Ignorance is not fun!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#26051 Oct 4, 2012
PHD

Houston, TX

#26052 Oct 5, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think his employers should be informed?<quoted text>Facts are false?<quoted text>?¿?
Hay you should have informed your employers.Yes facts are false about your mental stability. Have you seen your care giver today?
SoE

Rozet, WY

#26053 Oct 5, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Take a derivative per L'Hôpital's rule.
Next!
Ha ha ha...where the baseline seems,in many cases,to more closely
fit hokums razor i don't believe the effort worthwhile.:-)

“GOD OF ALL”

Oxford, UK

#26054 Oct 5, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
Dark or dork.
it sounds kid a tough to get your kinda garden Harvard asses around but yeah a cosmic worm has swallowed the planets and is using these planets as a womary. Hey look here when the zombies take over your neighbourhood don't come crying to me that you haven't a Nerf weapon and are ready for them.

“GOD OF ALL”

Oxford, UK

#26055 Oct 5, 2012
Well we can not all sit and wait for Oceanic Rise to take a strangle hold over the planet. We must act now to save the world.
My plan is drain the oceans through giant sink hole generating electricity from the power of all that pressure squeezing through the hole.

One idea is that the oceans are largely dead now, and are a breeding ground for all the bad elements of climate change. They lay waste to toxins that contaminate and imbalance nature.

Like for example the need to deforest old dead woodlands that are strangling the environment.

Lets cut wood and drain cesspools. And radically reduce on toxin contamination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Call 1~855~205~0915 For McAfee Live Chat Support 54 min robindawnus 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 Toll Free For McAfee Tech S... 55 min robindawnus 1
Call 1~855~205~0915 Toll Free For McAfee Custom... 57 min robindawnus 1
Shaw, Cogeco Taking Care of Business 13 hr them 1st then u 1
For all you have been given, what can you give ... 20 hr SoE 13
Optimize your website for locals (Sep '10) 20 hr Norman 5
Strange new fish discovered at record-breaking ... 20 hr Concerned_Citizen 3
More from around the web