Flaming cheese shuts down tunnel in Norway

Jan 23, 2013 Full story: www.mercurynews.com 25

A road tunnel in northern Norway will be shut for several weeks after a 27-ton truckload of sweet goat milk cheese caught fire.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BLong

United States

#22 Jan 24, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>Hello BLong, good to 'see' you! What I've been is busy! Started off with a grandchild's arrival, the holidays, a funeral, a blizzard a wedding, flooding, and critical and acute medical emergencies with a couple of immediate family members, but I am well because of/in spite of it all now.
How have you been over there?
Sounds as if there's been joy and some sadness. I'm glad that everything has leveled out for you and that all is well.
Things have been okay. I just wish that things would pick up a bit more here, where I work. Makes me a bit jittery about a job that I've had now for 35 years, that is by no means secure.

Have a good evening.
Always a pleasure 'hearing' from you, Pais.

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#23 Jan 24, 2013
BLong wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds as if there's been joy and some sadness. I'm glad that everything has leveled out for you and that all is well.
Things have been okay. I just wish that things would pick up a bit more here, where I work. Makes me a bit jittery about a job that I've had now for 35 years, that is by no means secure.
Have a good evening.
Always a pleasure 'hearing' from you, Pais.
Surely the news isn't painting a rosier than reality picture of our 'recovery', are they?? No doubt. I'm sending my best hope and prayer that your job is there as long as you need it!
There's ominous signs here too; some of my kid's friends are reporting the slowest restaurant Winter seasons they've ever seen, retail outlets are abandoned in all but the most affluent areas, and the real unemployment rate for those 18-35 is reported to be over 40%...dang.

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#25 Jan 24, 2013
All I know is that those gift fruit cakes burn like thermite...now if cheese can be made into anti tank projectiles....wow..!

“Don't Tread on Me!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#26 Jan 25, 2013
justaguess wrote:
All I know is that those gift fruit cakes burn like thermite...now if cheese can be made into anti tank projectiles....wow..!
I've always wondered what kind of alcohol you could turn them into...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#27 Jan 26, 2013
Paisley_Posey wrote:
<quoted text>I've always wondered what kind of alcohol you could turn them into...
Fruitcake alcohol?
Sangria !!!
;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nitrogen Powered Hybrid Automobile (Dec '11) 40 min Bored n Broke n 186
Sam's Club Launches Electronic Medical Record (... (Apr '09) 2 hr Calvin James 2
Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) 2 hr Tell Me AnotherOne 58
China posts fake rocket launch story (Sep '08) 2 hr McQuan 691
Government schools brainwash, children the mock... 3 hr Jaimie 7
Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 4 hr erkn 132
Stem Cell Transplants for Parkinson's Edging Cl... 5 hr Alice Lazzarini 2
More from around the web