Evolution: 24 myths and misconceptions

Evolution: 24 myths and misconceptions

There are 1628 comments on the www.newscientist.com story from Apr 19, 2008, titled Evolution: 24 myths and misconceptions . In it, www.newscientist.com reports that:

If you think you understand it, you don't know nearly enough about it, even though it will soon be 200 years since the birth of Charles Darwin and 150 years since the publication of On the Origin of Species .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.newscientist.com.

First Prev
of 82
Next Last

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#1722 Feb 15, 2009
Gillette wrote:
>>>>eternal cynic
Which denominations in your opinion do possess the skill? Why do you set those denominations above the others and would the others agree?
>>>>Gillette
One's OWN denomination, naturally and not surprisingly, is ALWAYS among those who "really get it." :)
I had assumed that. You know the best defense against religion is logic. But, you already knew that too :)

“Love is hard to find”

Since: Apr 08

Palestine Texas

#1723 Feb 16, 2009
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, the 38,000 would be inclusive of all denominations. Your claim and you repeat it here state NONE of the 38,000 possess the skill.
Which denominations in your opinion do possess the skill? Why do you set those denominations above the others and would the others agree?
I just don't do denominations. Neither did Jesus or any of the prophets. I could not tell you the difference between a Methodist and a Baptist. I just read my Bible and let the chips fall where they may.

I thought you were smarter than that--asking me about denominations. The two churches in revelations are NOT denominations but rather simple christians who know and study the truth. Study your Bible to find out what seperates these two churches from the rest of the pack. I won't make it easy for you. You'll have to do your own work if you want the truth.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#1724 Feb 17, 2009
BrothaLove wrote:
<quoted text> I just don't do denominations. Neither did Jesus or any of the prophets. I could not tell you the difference between a Methodist and a Baptist. I just read my Bible and let the chips fall where they may.
I thought you were smarter than that--asking me about denominations. The two churches in revelations are NOT denominations but rather simple christians who know and study the truth. Study your Bible to find out what seperates these two churches from the rest of the pack. I won't make it easy for you. You'll have to do your own work if you want the truth.
How very convenient you do not recognize denominations. Given your answer I guess we now have 38,001 denominations.

There are seven churches in revelations, not two. They are, Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.

“Love is hard to find”

Since: Apr 08

Palestine Texas

#1725 Feb 17, 2009
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
How very convenient you do not recognize denominations. Given your answer I guess we now have 38,001 denominations.
There are seven churches in revelations, not two. They are, Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.
Glad you know how to count to seven. Twelve more years of skoolin and you might just graduate pre-KG. I recognize those churches that Christ recognizes. Revelations 2:9 and 3:9 pays special attention to just two of the seven EC. That means five churches (even though good churches) are like unto those five (not ten) virgins mentioned in Matt 25.

Another quick lesson for you. The churches in Rev are "types" of churches in the end time. The numbers are not exact.

“Love is hard to find”

Since: Apr 08

Palestine Texas

#1726 Feb 17, 2009
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you need more time to think up some lies. Do try to be original. I'll give points for originality.
For example, I pointed out the contradiction betwen Matt & Luke regarding the family trees. Matt says that the father of Joseph was Jacob, while Luke claims that the father of Joseph was Heli. The usual lie used to whitewash over this error is to pretend that one genealogy is that of Mary. This lie falls apart of a couple of levels.
1) Both clearly say they are talking about Joseph, not Mary.
2) Family lines were NEVER traced through women.
3) Messianic prophecies make it clear that the bloodline of the Messiah must pass from David, through Solomon, and on and on, FATHER to son, to the Messiah. Thus, Luke's genealogy PROVES that Jesus could not possibly be the Messiah!
So, take your time and craft some lies. If you are creative enough, I'll tell you why the genealogy in Matthew ALSO proves that Jesus cannot possibly be the Messiah.
Keep your panties on Liam. I'll get to you in good time.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#1727 Feb 18, 2009
BrothaLove wrote:
<quoted text> Glad you know how to count to seven. Twelve more years of skoolin and you might just graduate pre-KG. I recognize those churches that Christ recognizes. Revelations 2:9 and 3:9 pays special attention to just two of the seven EC. That means five churches (even though good churches) are like unto those five (not ten) virgins mentioned in Matt 25.
Another quick lesson for you. The churches in Rev are "types" of churches in the end time. The numbers are not exact.
I’m glad you made this personal. I feel no obligation to be polite to you at this point.

You stated “The two churches in revelations are NOT denominations but rather simple christians who know and study the truth.”

Then you state

“Revelations 2:9 and 3:9 pays special attention to just two of the seven”

Then you state the numbers are not exact.

“The churches in Rev are "types" of churches in the end time. The numbers are not exact.”

You then bring end times into the equation. Where does the bible make the statement Revelations speaks of types of churches in end times?

Does the bible teach someone how to speak two different “truths” out of the same mouth or is that a trick you’ve learned on your own. What does your bible say about dishonesty?

“Love is hard to find”

Since: Apr 08

Palestine Texas

#1728 Feb 18, 2009
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I’m glad you made this personal. I feel no obligation to be polite to you at this point.
You stated “The two churches in revelations are NOT denominations but rather simple christians who know and study the truth.”
Then you state
“Revelations 2:9 and 3:9 pays special attention to just two of the seven”
Then you state the numbers are not exact.
“The churches in Rev are "types" of churches in the end time. The numbers are not exact.”
You then bring end times into the equation. Where does the bible make the statement Revelations speaks of types of churches in end times?
Does the bible teach someone how to speak two different “truths” out of the same mouth or is that a trick you’ve learned on your own. What does your bible say about dishonesty?
Every Christian knows that the woman in Rev 12 is the body of Christ e.g., the Church. Within that body there are many members or parts. One body EC--many parts. I didn't get personal with you.

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#1729 Feb 19, 2009
BrothaLove wrote:
<quoted text> Every Christian knows that the woman in Rev 12 is the body of Christ e.g., the Church. Within that body there are many members or parts. One body EC--many parts. I didn't get personal with you.
You didn’t get personal? Are these not your words directed at me?
BrothaLove wrote:
<quoted text> Glad you know how to count to seven. Twelve more years of skoolin and you might just graduate pre-KG.
I posed a question to you, what is the biblical view on dishonesty? You’ve now been dishonest at least twice in this thread.

The woman in Rev 12 is the body of Christ? Are you now saying Christ was actually a butch dyke?

If that woman is the body of Christ explain

Revelations 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

followed by

Revelations 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne

Wouldn’t that woman according the story be the mother of Christ? Or does your god have two bastard children? Technically speaking Jesus is a bastard according to the bible, born out of wedlock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 82
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Subduction Zone 58,708
News Trump to skip White House Correspondentsa Assoc... 23 min CHICKEN TRUMP 58
Geekvape Peerless RDA 24mm Atomizer Released 4 hr allisonhu 1
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 5 hr SoE 12,989
OBS V Sub Ohm Tank $26.9 19 hr perty 1
News iStonsoft iPad iPod iPhone Data Recovery (Oct '15) 20 hr Bamboo 4
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Feb 25 emerald 709
More from around the web