assessing WWW quality
Abishai100

Clementon, NJ

#1 Jan 5, 2013
The World Wide Web (abbreviating WWW) is a dazzling gem of the Information Age, since it provides unlimited universal access to more or less peer-edited useful information and editorials.

Because the World Wide Web is not well-regulated or formally monitored, many critics cite its lack of professional reliability and data verifiability (i.e., prevalence of spam).

Given this lack of quality control on the World Wide Web, how should society objectively measure its information accuracy? Well, since the World Wide Web is a peer-edited medium, peer-edited entertainment websites such as celebrity fan blog discussion boards more or less capture the essence of the magic of the World Wide Web.

In other words, while information-rich websites such as Carfax.com , Wikipedia, eBay, and Amazon.com are satisfactorily reliable, useful, and engaging, it is in fact websites such as TIGBlogs, eBlogger, Twitter, Facebook, and WireClub Chat that capture the populist magic of the World Wide Web.

Do these technology considerations reflect the user-friendly value of peer-based franchises such as Planet Hollywood and populist Hollywood (USA) movies such as "The Social Network" (2010)?

Are they printing movie posters on hemp/recycled paper yet?

God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Dogen 70,561
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 8 hr 0smius 14,163
News The AI fight is escalating: This is the IT gian... 12 hr Julzee111 1
News If FBI wants to talk to Jared Kushner about Rus... 21 hr spud 3
Access: Invalid database object 22 hr RMcKee 2
60W Digiflavor WildFire TC Kit, Compact size, U... Sat luckyluckyluke 1
DVDFab Passkey 9.1.1.8 Updated! May 26 dvdlover 1
More from around the web