Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 180393 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#135411 Jun 13, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
"All the evidence" myass. You don't have a single scrap of evidence.
Ah! There's the Urb we all know and love. Don't argue the evidence. Pretend it doesn't exist. Brilliant strategy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#135412 Jun 13, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your finest rebuttal Urb.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#135413 Jun 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Science, evolution included doesn't reference your religion at all. Not even yours. Your post is azzbackwards.

HTS doesn't fly like the normal ducks.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#135414 Jun 13, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying reality doesn't change reality. Either there's a global anti-Bible conspiracy, or you're full of shit. Which is the more likely scenario?
HTS

Englewood, CO

#135415 Jun 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Any, all, or none. How many times do you need to be told that it's not whether DNA has function is a prediction of common ancestry, but the pattern of inheritance before you actually address what is presented instead of your eternal straw-men?
But yeah, you're right - creo websites are clueless liars.(shrug)
You have no concept of science or mathematics if you adopt such an asinine position.
You're like the bulk of the evo-morons, imagining that's given millions of years, that proverbial monkey will type Shakespeare.

Listen to what one of your own brainless stooges said. D.V. Ager, a recognized authority in paleontology, wrote,

"Personally, given the resources of geological time, I feel confident that sooner or later that hypothetical chimpanzee sitting at a typewriter, will one day type Hamlet."

(Ager D.V., "The New Catastrophism: The Importance of the Rare Event in Geological History," Cambridge University Press: Cambridge UK, 1993, p.149).

Since: Aug 07

Arlington, VA

#135416 Jun 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying reality doesn't change reality. Either there's a global anti-Bible conspiracy, or you're full of shit. Which is the more likely scenario?
Uh, your premise is wrong(again). It's neither. It's just a failed theory. It happens. Get over it.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#135417 Jun 13, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no concept of science or mathematics if you adopt such an asinine position.
You're like the bulk of the evo-morons, imagining that's given millions of years, that proverbial monkey will type Shakespeare.
Listen to what one of your own brainless stooges said. D.V. Ager, a recognized authority in paleontology, wrote,
"Personally, given the resources of geological time, I feel confident that sooner or later that hypothetical chimpanzee sitting at a typewriter, will one day type Hamlet."
(Ager D.V., "The New Catastrophism: The Importance of the Rare Event in Geological History," Cambridge University Press: Cambridge UK, 1993, p.149).
Science doesn't recognize anybody as an authority, therefore nobody gives a shit what D. V. Ager, or anybody else, says. Evidence or GTFO.

Since: Aug 07

Arlington, VA

#135418 Jun 13, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! There's the Urb we all know and love. Don't argue the evidence. Pretend it doesn't exist. Brilliant strategy.
Liar.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#135419 Jun 13, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Two points, first HST what is the rule for creatards posting supposed quotes?

Second, we have had monkeys write out all of Shakespeare. Or do you keep forgetting that too?

Seffner, FL

#135420 Jun 13, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
The above has noting to due with Dude's post. Pattern of inheritance flew right over your little head, didn't it?

Seffner, FL

#135421 Jun 13, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Jerkoff.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#135422 Jun 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Two points, first HST what is the rule for creatards posting supposed quotes?
Second, we have had monkeys write out all of Shakespeare. Or do you keep forgetting that too?
You just broke your own rule, SZ...
Where is your reference that Mikey's can toe Shakespeare?
HTS

Mandan, ND

#135423 Jun 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Science doesn't recognize anybody as an authority, therefore nobody gives a shit what D. V. Ager, or anybody else, says. Evidence or GTFO.
What a load of BS
Every day you evo-morons are posting how many recognized "scientists" support evolution.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#135424 Jun 13, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerkoff.
Typo...what is your reference that monkeys can type Shakespeare?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#135425 Jun 13, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You just broke your own rule, SZ...
Where is your reference that Mikey's can toe Shakespeare?
I have posted links to it several times, so no, I did not break my rule.

Do you seriously want to see it again? You know that I have posted it before.
forreal

United States

#135426 Jun 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Animal Lover, insect lover, germ lover, plant lover, no matter how you look at it Women will always be one of Gods Creation! To bad women arnt as stupid as men and atheists want them to be, that men like you need sex lesson in school!!LOLOLOLOLOLOL
forreal

United States

#135427 Jun 13, 2013
Public Schools are well known for making FOOLS!
HTS

Mandan, ND

#135428 Jun 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Goofing on your religious beliefs is just recreational. All the evidence demonstrates evolution to be valid scientific theory. Your fairy tale nonsense is deserving of mockery for entirely separate reasons.
It's not recreation, it's desperation.
Chuck himself did it in Origin of Species.
He ridiculed the concept of creation...he was somewhat more respectful than the clowns on this forum, however.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#135429 Jun 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted links to it several times, so no, I did not break my rule.
Do you seriously want to see it again? You know that I have posted it before.
If you're referring to Dick Dawkins' computer model, then don't bother.
That has been soundly debunked, and you should be embarrassed to even bring it up.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#135430 Jun 13, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The above has noting to due with Dude's post. Pattern of inheritance flew right over your little head, didn't it?
ERVs don't show a "pattern of inheritance" unless you've been drinking evo-koolaid.
It is utterly laughable how you stooges think that nested hierarchies are predicted by evolution.
Chuck Darwin devoted an entire chapter of rationalizations as to how he believed that nested hierarchies were CONSISTENT with evolution... How their existence could somehow be forced into the paradigm of evolution. He did not see them as a logical prediction of gradualism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arctic Dolphin Arthur 80W Mod 48 min vapecigs 1
News Pat Bates: Is innovation an economic growth tsu... 3 hr sure 1
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Aura Mytha 67,106
News The Cheap Energy Revolution Is Here, and Coal W... 3 hr Solarman 1
Mini Body Large Display, Joyetech eVic Primo 4 hr Vapesourcing1 1
News Ivanka Trump advocates for women, girls in trip... 6 hr anonymous 42
News Local entrepreneurs cashing in on Nano Utica (Sep '14) 10 hr Upstate Toilet Town 14
More from around the web