Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 | Posted by: Cash | Full story: www.scientificblogging.com

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Comments (Page 5,969)

Showing posts 119,361 - 119,380 of171,209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>So, you again expect everyone to accept your religion on faith...
Huh? It seems you don't understand. What don't you understand about, haldane stands?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

One way or another wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you're such an idiot, you have not one fossil that you can trace its slow changes over millions of years
WTF? Another idiocy from Jimbo. We don't claim that since all fossils are the equivalent of one frame from a movie.

Of course Jimbos proficiency with the English language is not the greatest. Perhaps he meant something entirely different.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? Another idiocy from Jimbo. We don't claim that since all fossils are the equivalent of one frame from a movie.
Of course Jimbos proficiency with the English language is not the greatest. Perhaps he meant something entirely different.
Lol, at anytime I choose, I can bring new thinking. After years here, you and all of the childish morons have never brought one new thing to science.

Ya got nuthin child,
defender

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? Another idiocy from Jimbo. We don't claim that since all fossils are the equivalent of one frame from a movie.

Of course you don't ... But you wish you could... So instead just speculate! Or better yet why not just outright lie?
"Hey anybody got an extra ape jaw bone to place on this skeleton?.. Ok quick take a picture and make up some BS story!!... This should get us that grant money!!!"...
And the good folks of Mayberry fall victim yet again to the snake oil salesman ...
Facts? Truth?... Nah no money in that... Whatever...

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't ... But you wish you could... So instead just speculate! Or better yet why not just outright lie?
"Hey anybody got an extra ape jaw bone to place on this skeleton?.. Ok quick take a picture and make up some BS story!!... This should get us that grant money!!!"...
And the good folks of Mayberry fall victim yet again to the snake oil salesman ...
I will leave the lying to creatards, it is their specialty after all.

Too bad neither you nor any of your friends can make even a dent in the theory of evolution.
defender

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>So, you again expect everyone to accept your religion on faith...
And the evolutionist demand acceptance on that which they cannot prove... Really?
Ignore science and turn a blind eye to A very shaky model called ToE or your A fundie?... That takes faith...
Science... It's what's for dinner!!:)
defender

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I will leave the lying to creatards, it is their specialty after all.

Too bad neither you nor any of your friends can make even a dent in the theory of evolution.
Lol... A dent?... The foolishness trips all over itself..
Have A banana!!
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we can. Too bad for you isn't it?
Why do you make statements that you can't validate?

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you make statements that you can't validate?
I can. I choose not to since you have shown that regardless of my answer you will simply deny it.

Do your homework and then we can talk.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Have A banana!!
You do realize that the banana is genetically modified through selective breeding by humans, right?
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>
Huh? It seems you don't understand. What don't you understand about, haldane stands?
Sorry...I was responding to SZ and must have clicked the wrong post.

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>
Lol, at anytime I choose, I can bring new thinking. After years here, you and all of the childish morons have never brought one new thing to science.
Ya got nuthin child,
Right monkey.

We all know who has less than nothing.

Hey Jim, the cat peed on the carpet again. Here's a couple of bucks, fix it up for me.
LowellGuy

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>What a pathetic dodge.
So you believe that an eye evolved because evolutiondidit with pixie dust...
You cannot point to any mutation that could result in a single step of eye evolution.
This is because evolution is dogma, not science.
We already know the mutation that led to trichromatic vision from bichromatic vision. Oh, but that is probably "conceptually impossible," eh?
LowellGuy

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

<quoted text>
Ya got nuthin child,
New and useful are not the same thing.

Pickles cure cancer. New science. Now, we just wait for the world to realize that I'm right.

Is there anything foolish about this approach?
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

The German zoologist Dr. Albert Fleischmann of the University of Erlangen wrote,

“I reject evolution because I deem it obsolete; because the knowledge, hard won since 1830, of anatomy, histology, cytology, and embryology, cannot be made to accord with its basic idea. The foundationless, fantastic edifice of the evolution doctrine would long ago have met with its long-deserved fate were it not that the love of fairy tales is so deep-rooted in the hearts of man.”1

*Footnote reads “1Acworth, Captain Bernard,‘Darwin and Natural Selection,’ Evolution Protest Pamphlet, London, 1960, p. 6.”]
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
We already know the mutation that led to trichromatic vision from bichromatic vision. Oh, but that is probably "conceptually impossible," eh?
Imagination is not science.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

HTS wrote:
Imagination is not science.
But it's the entire basis for religions.
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Have A banana!!
Defender,

.... do go on...

I like the cut of your jib
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I will leave the lying to creatards, it is their specialty after all.
You must admit...

He has a point...

...Theory of Evolution ..... a lame duck...

With a history rankling with examples of fraud, absent evidence, wishful thinking and dud science

Furthermore...

You have yet to answer the question of the missing erosion between Coconino sandstone and Hermit shale......

How is there a straight line after alleged 6-10 million years?

http://epod.typepad.com/.a/6a0105371bb32c970b...

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
<quoted text>
You must admit...
He has a point...
...Theory of Evolution ..... a lame duck...
With a history rankling with examples of fraud, absent evidence, wishful thinking and dud science
Furthermore...
You have yet to answer the question of the missing erosion between Coconino sandstone and Hermit shale......
How is there a straight line after alleged 6-10 million years?
http://epod.typepad.com/.a/6a0105371bb32c970b...
I have answered both of those questions for you.

You can go back and find those answer if you want them so badly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 119,361 - 119,380 of171,209
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Science / Technology Forum right now

Search the Science / Technology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 1 hr sayedss 49
NASA satellite will study climate change 1 hr SpaceBlues 1
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 6 hr Pokay 5,034
Love's opens Oklahoma travel stop 8 hr Regular Fuel Stop 1
Philips Unveil First 4K TV To Be Powered By Goo... 13 hr Techgeek 1
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone 4 w... (Sep '12) 13 hr Sophia 56
How to Transfer Contacts & SMS from Nokia to An... (Mar '13) 17 hr priscillabrian 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••