Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179706 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#114311 Jan 13, 2013
One way or another wrote:
Ignorant and childish nonsense will be ignored. If an intelligent question or arguments comes along, I'll answer.
So just to clarify, when you posted the above - you were just adding more lies/BS to the veritable mountain you had already posted.

Good stuff - knew we would get there in the end.

We knew you couldn't back up your ideas - just wanted you to admit it.

“Help religion science wander”

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#114312 Jan 13, 2013
As an aside, what the hell is up with South Carolina. Is there a moratorium on intelligence in that state I haven't heard about. It seems like a large number of idiots post on this forum from that state. Maybe it is one idiot with a lot of spare time on its hands.
LowellGuy

United States

#114313 Jan 13, 2013
To have star nurseries,--plural, as science claims and it takes dust beyond measure almost, to create a star, science contradicts itself terribly, while all scientist must be stupid or stoned, not to point it out to science as a whole.
Just admit that you, with your 10th grade education and carpetlaying experience, know more about physics and astronomy than all the physicists and astronomers and astrophysicists in the world who have actually gotten themselves educated on their specialties. Just say it. Admit what you know, deep down, is ridiculous.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#114314 Jan 13, 2013
Any peer review of stupidity is just stupidity.
Poor Ashley. He tried to argue against lunar laser ranging by claiming that it has never undergone peer review, and when it was pointed out that it had, he retreated to his usual childish insults.

I'm surprised he even managed to find 3 different women to marry him, given his behavior.
One way or another

United States

#114316 Jan 13, 2013
Space is not a vacuum.

Science claims space is a vacuum

New science by Jim Ryan

The speed of light test done in a vacuum over 20 miles is total BS, because man can achieve a totally closed and complete vacuum, while space cannot. It has trillions of tons of dust, if you believe in star nurseries, as science claims, coupled with billions of miles of gas clouds, trillions of tons of plasma, from the billions of suns and their ejections, trillions of tons of cosmic rays that all tend to divert and break up light, from as close as the moon, as science proves.

There is no vacuum in space, the kind that man can bring about on earth, ENTIRELY DEVOID of matter.

Trillions of tons of matter is all through out space, according to science.

How is it scientists are too stupid to understand that there is no vacuum in space?

vacuum[ vak-yoom,-yoo-uh m,- yuh m ]
noun
1. a space entirely devoid of matter.
2. an enclosed space from which matter, especially air, has been partially removed so that the matter or gas remaining in the space exerts less pressure than the atmosphere (plenum).
3. the state or degree of exhaustion in such an enclosed space.

To have star nurseries,--plural, as science claims and it takes dust beyond measure almost, to create a star, never mind many stars in many nurseries, as science claims, science contradicts itself terribly, while all scientist must be stupid or stoned, not to point it out to science as a whole.
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#114317 Jan 13, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
As an aside, what the hell is up with South Carolina. Is there a moratorium on intelligence in that state I haven't heard about. It seems like a large number of idiots post on this forum from that state. Maybe it is one idiot with a lot of spare time on its hands.
As far as Jimbo is concerned the whole of the US has been dumbed down, he famously quoted a study saying US citizens were 26th (<------ take note of this number) on a league table of some sort.

Then claimed this meant that the US was 26 (<----- again take note) times less educated than other countries.

I am sure you can spot the synaptic misfire but strangely Jim never got it, oh well we can add basic numerical skills to the list of things he doesn't get.

To be fair to you yanks if Jimbo wasn't born there you guys would be awesome on the league tables

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114318 Jan 13, 2013
Ignorant and childish nonsense will be ignored. If an intelligent question or arguments comes along, I'll answer.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114319 Jan 13, 2013
Since we see out to the light, speed of light becomes subjective, both day and night, just as we see out to the light of galaxies billions of miles away.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114320 Jan 13, 2013
Strap? Lol
Space is not a vacuum.
The speed of light test done in a vacuum over 20 miles is total BS, as space is not a vacuum. It has trillions of tons of dust, if you believe in star nurseries, billions of miles of gas clouds, trillions of tons of plasma from the billions of suns and their ejections, trillions of tons of cosmic rays that all tend to divert and break up light, from as close as the moon, as science proves.
There is no vacuum in space, the kind that man can bring about on earth, in space, ENTIRELY DEVOID of matter.
How is it scientists are too stupid to understand that there is no vacuum in space?
vacuum[ vak-yoom,-yoo-uh&#8201;m,- yuh&#8201;m ]
noun
2. an enclosed space from which matter, especially air, has been partially removed so that the matter or gas remaining in the space exerts less pressure than the atmosphere (plenum).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114321 Jan 13, 2013
Any peer review of stupidity is just stupidity.

“Help religion science wander”

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#114322 Jan 13, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just admit that you, with your 10th grade education and carpetlaying experience, know more about physics and astronomy than all the physicists and astronomers and astrophysicists in the world who have actually gotten themselves educated on their specialties. Just say it. Admit what you know, deep down, is ridiculous.
Hold the phone. Is this the "carpet whisper" of old? How did I miss that. Boy you need a score card to keep up with this forum.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114323 Jan 13, 2013
What proof does man have, that proves that space has less matter than what man can achieve? Has man gone through out space, gathering samples?
If as science claims that there is enough dust in space to create whole worlds and stars on a constant basis, why didn't your web site speak of that?
Keep pretending to be stupid, it fits you.

One way or another

United States

#114324 Jan 13, 2013
.The following is for all you idiot scientists and the morons that believe you. Read the last line carefully.

MISSING DARK MATTER LOCATED - INTER-GALACTIC SPACE IS FILLED WITH DARK MATTER

Researchers at IPMU and Nagoya University used large-scale computer simulations and recent observational data of gravitational lensing to reveal how dark matter is distributed around galaxies.

Galaxies have no definite "edges", the new research concludes. Instead galaxies have long outskirts of dark matter that extend to their nearby galaxies; the inter-galactic space is not empty but filled with dark matter.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114325 Jan 13, 2013
To have star nurseries,--plural, as science claims and it takes dust beyond measure almost, to create a star, science contradicts itself terribly, while all scientist must be stupid or stoned, not to point it out to science as a whole.

One way or another

United States

#114326 Jan 13, 2013
For the above post

http://www.ipmu.jp/node/1222

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114327 Jan 13, 2013
Space is not a vacuum.
New science by Jim Ryan
The speed of light test done in a vacuum over 20 miles is total BS, because man can achieve a totally closed and complete vacuum, while space cannot. It has trillions of tons of dust, if you believe in star nurseries, as science claims, coupled with billions of miles of gas clouds, trillions of tons of plasma, from the billions of suns and their ejections, trillions of tons of cosmic rays that all tend to divert and break up light, from as close as the moon, as science proves.
There is no vacuum in space, the kind that man can bring about on earth, ENTIRELY DEVOID of matter.
noun
To have star nurseries,--plural, as science claims and it takes dust beyond measure almost, to create a star, never mind many stars in many nurseries, as science claims, science contradicts itself terribly, while all scientist must be stupid or stoned, not to point it out to science as a whole.

One way or another

United States

#114328 Jan 13, 2013
Space is not a vacuum.

New science by Jim Ryan

noun

The following is for all you idiot scientists and the morons that believe you. Read the last line carefully.

MISSING DARK MATTER LOCATED - INTER-GALACTIC SPACE IS FILLED WITH DARK MATTER

Researchers at IPMU and Nagoya University used large-scale computer simulations and recent observational data of gravitational lensing to reveal how dark matter is distributed around galaxies.

Galaxies have no definite "edges", the new research concludes. Instead galaxies have long outskirts of dark matter that extend to their nearby galaxies; the inter-galactic space is not empty but filled with dark matter.

But but but, science claims there is less matter in space than man can achieve in his totally closed and pumped out system, which is a total lie

http://www.ipmu.jp/node/1222
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#114329 Jan 13, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Think you can have the week off in that case
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#114330 Jan 13, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Hold the phone. Is this the "carpet whisper" of old? How did I miss that. Boy you need a score card to keep up with this forum.
He has been through several pseudonyms - I believe he is trying to keep his true identity a secret to fend off the gold digging honeys that want to get their hands on the billions he made from his pet psychology research (he is so humble he NEVER refers to the breakthroughs on the 23rd, even keeps his Nobel prize in a drawer)
One way or another

United States

#114332 Jan 13, 2013
The cadence in running I used to use was, "one two three one", " one two three two", "one two three three", and keep going.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 47 min thetruth 10,043
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Chimney1 43,083
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) 4 hr Cyberrjesus 670
News Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 5 hr microadsl 242
News Retail's Woes Not Only E-Commerce 14 hr judeofascism 1
News Opera officially launches its browser that bloc... 15 hr Krista 2
DVDFab Big Back-to-School Sale2016- Up to 30% o... 22 hr lydiawang 1
News NASA to Launch Historic Mission to Acquire Aste... Sun forrester 2
More from around the web