Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 | Posted by: Cash | Full story: www.scientificblogging.com

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Comments (Page 5,560)

Showing posts 111,181 - 111,200 of168,599
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

crap.... Hebrew text doesn't show. Sorry
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

One way or another wrote:
Elohim, the Jewish contribution to science.
Jimbo, the creationist contribution to science.

http://www.dbgurney.com/images/T/Carpet12-01-...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EtxtWodPeqQ/UMqjCuo...
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dbgurney.com/images/T/Carpet12-01-...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EtxtWodPeqQ/UMqjCuo...
Do you even know the name of the items in the first web page?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but I'm from Sicily and not Jewish.

Cool. I am half Sicilian.
Mugwump

Workington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

A virtual time machine
A hypothesis by Mugwump

It is often said that the speed of light is 299,792,458 m/s, however what morons on this board don't realise is that this is only the speed in a vacuum, in other mediums and low temperatures it can slow to a mere 38 miles per hour.

As time is known to slow down as you approach the speed of light, it is logical that slowing down light must therefore speed up time.

If this can be done to such an extent then eventual time will accelate some parsecs into the future.

To do this it is simply a case of cooling a light source to absolute zero which as absolute will bring the light to a standstill.

Then move backwards from the light source, effectively pushing the light source back in time.

As images are carried in light, this will cause the light source to project images of past events, and if one moves back far enough (say a few miles)- events from centuries or even millennia ago can be observed - however a telescope may be required to view the images.

No scientist has ever realised this obvious logical conclusion as they are not taught to think for themselves and I have bought proof of new science from my brain..
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but I'm from Sicily and not Jewish.
So you're a dumb Sicilian, pretending to be a Jew, according to you pick of a Jewish moniker. That's how good your science is. Lol

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

<quoted text>
Do you even know the name of the items in the first web page?

Do you even know the name of the item in the second web page?

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dbgurney.com/images/T/Carpet12-01 -...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EtxtWodPeqQ/UMqjCuo ...
Mugwump

Workington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Addendum to above proof:-

Eventual time will accelerate some parsecs into the past.

Dam voices in my head took over the typing
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

You wanna play, let's play.
Gravity by Jim Ryan
Blah, blah, blah.
Hypothesis by ,--
Jim Ryan
LMAO

Jim Ryan, who was so incompetent that his carpet laying business went bankrupt. So idiotic that he thought he would make 10 BILLION dollars cleaning cat pee out of carpets. So uneducated that he thinks bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALES really happened.

And now he's telling the world about the science behind gravity.
Mugwump

Workington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Why Eisenstein was wrong

Seriously - check out the hair - if he can't be right about personal grooming - how can he be right about relativism (:-))

More proof for you morons, proved by new thoughts from my brain
Mugwump

Workington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Addendum to above proof

Einstein, not what the voices in my head said
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Gotta love science

Light does not travel here from distant galaxies. It is simply that we can see that light through our telescopes.

The moons retroflectors prove how quickly light disperses in just 239,000 miles and back. There are so many billions of planets, so much space dust, so much mass ejections of plasma from suns, so much in cosmic rays, gas clouds and the interference is just endless.

Science has a way to test light theory, but obviously, it doesn't, for a reason.

There is a defining factor in proving light from distant universes does not reach here. Can any of you figure out what it is?

If light cannot escape a black hole, what force stops the light?
Mugwump

Workington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

The relationship between gravity and electricity

A hypothesis by mugwump

Moron scientists assert that electricity is carried by electrons, however an electron moves within an atom which is less than a centimeter in diameter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_radius
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_Kitten

However by observation and bringing new thoughts to science it is obvious that gravity produces electricity and as gravity is a like a magnet and repulsive the higher the gravity the lower the repulsive force and hence the electrical charge decreases

My hypothesis is proved by observing the charging times of my various appliances.

My iPhone is quite small and takes 30 minutes to charge completly - this fits my hypothesis

My ipad is somewhat heavier - and takes around 4 hours to charge - this fits my hypothesis.

My USB memory stick is very light and always works - this fits my hypothesis

My plasma tv is at least 100x the weight of my ipad and always works when plugged in - this does not fit my hypothesis

My kettle is about 1% of the weight of my tv and boils in about 3 minutes - this fits my hypothesis

My work laptop is about 10x the weight of my ipad and takes about 2 hours to charge - this is a slightly anomolous but broadly fits.

The above proves my hypothesis about gravity and electricity but no scientist can will admit this, no one can rebutt what I say.
LowellGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

You wanna play, let's play.
Gravity by Jim Ryan
Look to the space junk that NASA wants to possibly incinerate in space. It must be in a high orbit not to fall back to earth. That suggests that gravity is keeping it there, unlike space junk that is in lower orbits. There are two forces in gravity, one is attraction and one is repulsion. I will explain. The planets must sit in the suns high orbits, considering their mass, keeping them from falling into the sun, just as the space junk does not fall back to earth from its high orbit around the earth.
The same applies to all planets orbiting suns , with respect to their mass and size, as the rocky worlds settled into their orbits, while the much larger planets settled further out, because they don't need as much gravity to hold their places. The suns repulsion gets stronger the closer a planet gets to it. That's why the smaller rocky planets with less mass in many cases, get closer to the sun. Pluto's size and mass leave Pluto where it belongs.
Try also to consider not only how all but one of our planets align, according to mass and size, but how each one, supposedly blasted into existence during the Big Bang, but how each so easily slipped into its orbit. Don't you think we'd have at least a few crushed worlds hanging around somewhere?
Looking at mercury, for it's size and mass, it fits my hypothesis.
Venus fits, it is 10% smaller than earth.
Earth fits correctly.
Mars is one sixth the mass. While its diameter is half of earths., so that is questionable
Jupiter's diameter is over ten times greater than the Earth's, but
It has over 300 times the mass.
The question becomes, does circumference trump mass in my gravities repulsion theory. Looking at the gas giants, I'd say yes, but I have more to consider.
Saturn's diameter is about nine times greater than the Earth's
It has 95 times the mass, which means it falls in place behind Jupiter, correctly.
Uranus' diameter is four times that of the Earth's and
It has 15 times the mass.
That falls in line with my theory
Neptune's diameter is slightly less than four times that of the Earth's
It has 17 times the mass.
Neptune seems out of place and I don't know why
Pluto's diameter less than 20 percent that of the Earth's (smaller than the Earth's Moon)
It has less than one percent the mass.
That falls in line with my hypothesis.
There are easy ways to test whether a planet sits in a higher or lower orbit, by comparing the fields to earths. All it would take is releasing space junk in each planets orbits, according to earths orbits. If objects spin away in a comparable high orbit, then that planet is sitting in a lower orbit, than earth.
If junk is released in what our orbits show as low, but the junk stays there, that planet is sitting in a higher orbit.
It is likely that the height of each planets high and low orbits will differ.
Each planets orbits will likely be influenced not only by its higher or lower orbit, but also by mass, circumference, distance from the sun and the depth each planet sits in its orbit, so testing would not be so easy.
Hypothesis by ,--
Jim Ryan
How many more times do you have to post that for it to become reality for everybody that isn't caught in the throes of barely controllable psychosis?
LowellGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Science backs up all my claims. Science is very contradictory. It's just like how the morons here claim the bible is.
Moons reflectors bogus
So, the moons reflectors are 239,000 miles from earth, approximately and since the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, y'all must think that laser beam will get back to earth pretty fast. Actually, the light should return to earth from the moons reflectors in 1.3 seconds, with the reflectors designed to reflect the light back to the point it came from.
However, in the 1.3 seconds the light takes to return to its origin, the earth has moved approx 4,000 miles from the point source of light, according to sciences claim that our galaxy is traveling that fast in 1 second, making it impossible for science to capture any photons, at least according to science.
Science sure is messed up, thinking it can collect photons that are 4,000 miles behind the collector.
At least they depend on all of us being stupid enough to believe them. Well, at least y'all.
If science is very contradictory, and science supports your ideas, then science contradicts your ideas.

Who was president the last time the doctors tried to hide the true state of the world from you with their pills?
LowellGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still recommending you ask your Doctor for a trial of Geodon.
Remarkable that our country would rather lose a potentially productive member of society and possibly pay for him via SSI or, worse, prison than pay the relatively small amount it would cost for his psychiatric treatment. More jails is not a problem, but fully covered healthcare? That would destroy America!
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

What what

Lenski's antibiotic claim
If you claim something, show proof.
Lenski and or lederberg should have had the sense to reverse the experiment, to show that when 10 million antibiotic resistantt bacteria were cultured, they produced one that was non antibiotic resistant. One or both should have cultured 10 million bacteria that were non resistant, to see if an antibiotic resistant bacteria developed.
Bacteria may develop both every 10 millionth one as a memory device. If so, that should tell science quite a lot.

By Jim Ryan
Alien Outlaw

Beardstown, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Don King Promoter wrote:
Evolution shouldn't be taught at all because it has nothing to do with science. it is a myth or fairy tale. everything with it can not be proven and has completely no evidence. the evidences of evolution have been found to be forgeries and false
Right, and the guy that walked on water.....that's funny! To many galaxies to count and humans are still talking about a guy that walked on water.....amazing!The primitive human animal is destroying this rock at an alarming rate.....space exploration will only benefit the top 1%.....Which entities will appear first, the God in the Bible or the "Gods" of the cosmos?

Since: Aug 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

What what
Lenski's antibiotic claim
If you claim something, show proof.
Lenski and or lederberg should have had the sense to reverse the experiment, to show that when 10 million antibiotic resistantt bacteria were cultured, they produced one that was non antibiotic resistant. One or both should have cultured 10 million bacteria that were non resistant, to see if an antibiotic resistant bacteria developed.
Bacteria may develop both every 10 millionth one as a memory device. If so, that should tell science quite a lot.
By Jim Ryan
That bacterial resistance to antiobiotics is an example of evolution is a common misconception and a evolutionists false claim. The only thing this demonstrates is selection of preexisting alleles as there is no mutation involved.

Natural selection occurs when the surviving species is the one that is most adapted to the environment. Clearly, only the surviving competitors reproduce. Therefore, traits that provide the competitive edge will be represented most often succeeding generations.

Mutations do not contribute to the survival of resistant bacteria; the genetic material has not changed.

Since: Aug 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Remarkable that our country would rather lose a potentially productive member of society and possibly pay for him via SSI or, worse, prison than pay the relatively small amount it would cost for his psychiatric treatment. More jails is not a problem, but fully covered healthcare? That would destroy America!
It looks like you're getting your wish. The government is going to make it illegal for heathcare to be profitable. Therefore the monetary incentive for a career in healthcare will go away and you will be treated by bored, disgruntled, two-bit government clerks. Careful what you ask for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 111,181 - 111,200 of168,599
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Science / Technology Forum right now

Search the Science / Technology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 30 min shinningelectr0n 4,828
Nitrogen Powered Hybrid Automobile (Dec '11) 5 hr sOlding not For Stealing 126
How to Find, Download and Install Latest Java V... 7 hr GuideOfWeb 1
China says 1/5 of its farmland polluted 10 hr Prince George 4
Is the galaxy full of Earths? 12 hr PDX Dave 3
In this Saturday, April 5, 2014 file photo, sin... 21 hr Miley Cyrus 1
Online Shopping Across Borders Offers Growth Op... Fri Philip Cohen 2
•••
•••