Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 180376 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

Psychology

United States

#109168 Nov 24, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are skirting on the edge of schizophrenia.
Lol, only an idiot like yourself proclaims such, while unable to refute what is written. However, we can't expect a copy and paste moron like you to actually have a sound arguement.
Psychology

United States

#109169 Nov 24, 2012
You other children seem to play follow the moron, whomever it is at the moment.

Way t's go children, you're living down to what the school systems teach you.
LowellGuy

United States

#109170 Nov 24, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, only an idiot like yourself proclaims such, while unable to refute what is written. However, we can't expect a copy and paste moron like you to actually have a sound arguement.
70% of your posts are copy/paste. And, why don't you prove us wrong about you being crazy by just not being crazy? Yeah, easier said than done.

Ever been hospitalized against your will?
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#109171 Nov 24, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
70% of your posts are copy/paste. And, why don't you prove us wrong about you being crazy by just not being crazy? Yeah, easier said than done.
And suspect he only reads 50% of his cut and pastes.

As evidenced by posting a critique of relativism as an argument against relativity

Or

A site debunking a Jewish conspiraloon theory as evidence FOR the same conspiraloon theory
Psychology

United States

#109172 Nov 24, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, 30% of what I post is not copy and paste, so why don't you children show the board, just one thing you write that is from your brain and not just the regurgitation of years of abuse y'all have suffered as children and now as those same children, you try to take it out on others.

Tsk, Tsk, children, I hear your mommies screaming for you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#109173 Nov 24, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>

I know what people with schizophrenia write like. I had one client keep a journal for at least a year. The post I referenced could have been right out of one of his notebooks.

Rambling, loose associations, anhedonia, parnoia....

I am not saying you have schizophrenia. You have paranoid personality disorder, grandiose type. I am just saying your last post demonstrated written symptoms of what schizophrenia patients evidence.
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#109174 Nov 24, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, 30% of what I post is not copy and paste, so why don't you children show the board, just one thing you write that is from your brain and not just the regurgitation of years of abuse y'all have suffered as children and now as those same children, you try to take it out on others.
Tsk, Tsk, children, I hear your mommies screaming for you.
30%? That is close to the proportion of observations that make up your spin / gravity nonsense that by your own admission don't fit the rule.

Hey how's that for something that I worked out for myself.

Any thoughts on that yet ? Nah of course not.
Psychology

United States

#109175 Nov 24, 2012
Now now children, when you can refute what's written, do let us know.

We won't hold our breath.
christianity is EVIL

Weymouth, Canada

#109176 Nov 24, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>
me thinks youre PROJECTING here!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109177 Nov 24, 2012
Psychology wrote:

Your denial does not change what happened. You got your ass handed to you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#109178 Nov 24, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
me thinks youre PROJECTING here!

He is just tired of being refuted by web sited devoted to very basic science. This is his way of trying to ignore reality.

Real obvious when you think about it.
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#109179 Nov 24, 2012
Psychology wrote:
But you have refuted yourself you Frickimg lunatic.

(From your own spin / gravity lunacy
Psychology wrote:
More origional work from myself.
There are clear cut exceptions in the rule of axis spin creating weather and 2 are Venus and Neptune.
So out of SEVEN observations TWO don't 'fit'

Brilliant hypothesis - but this is the point isn't it - it's not that people can't refute it - it's just that either you don't respond (dishonest) or you don't see it (delusional)
Psychology

United States

#109180 Nov 24, 2012
Children, if you feel the need to use a new alter ego, because you cannot refute the words of other people, that only makes you look worse.

Perhaps 2 or 4 new alter egos will work?
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#109181 Nov 24, 2012
Psychology wrote:
Children, if you feel the need to use a new alter ego, because you cannot refute the words of other people, that only makes you look worse.
{sigh}

The carpet whisperer
The pet whisperer
Psychology

And of course the month or so when you posted under chimneys username

Your own self-defeating posts just make you look worse - actually that's not possible.
Psychology

United States

#109182 Nov 24, 2012
Must you forever feign total stupidity? Oh, sorry, you dont feign, your schooling actually made you that stupid, the world over.
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#109183 Nov 24, 2012
Psychology wrote:
Must you forever feign total stupidity? Oh, sorry, you dont feign, your schooling actually made you that stupid, the world over.
Seriously, how can you not read the posts you make and NOT see your shortcomings
Psychology

United States

#109184 Nov 24, 2012
Idiots claiming to hold sway when they offer nothing of value, just makes you look all the worse.
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#109185 Nov 24, 2012
Get help

Or

Make another 5 delusional posts

I have better things to do

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#109186 Nov 24, 2012
Psychology wrote:
Hahahahahahaha, tell us when you get a thought all your own children.
Schizophrenes have all kinds of thoughts that are all their own, but that doesn't make those thoughts worthwhile. But, you clearly have a different opinion. You're entitled to that. You're wrong, but that's your prerogative.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#109187 Nov 24, 2012
Psychology wrote:
How is that not EXACTLY what you did? If you condemn us for doing that (which we don't, except as a mockery of your behavior), and you don't condemn yourself for doing that, how is that not hypocrisy, which is completely intellectually dishonest?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How do Flat Earth truthers explain the eclipse?... 2 hr Crazy Jae 5
News Former NASA director to speak at Murray Aug. 17 3 hr Suedarnellellis 1
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Science 78,741
DVDFab Back to School Promotion Save Up to 35% 6 hr dvdlover 1
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 11 hr positronium 14,444
How to Recover Data from Broken Samsung Galaxy ... Sat MagloireHunt 1
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Sat InsideJob 739
More from around the web