Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 180369 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#100314 Aug 21, 2012
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that, so don't put words in my mouth liar. And the "Spin = gravity" is Dogen's quote alone. He even referred me to an elementary physics book and told me, "Don't you ever get anything?". You people can't possibly keep all you lies straight.
None of you voodoo darwin zombies can ever be trusted. Every one of you are cut from the same soiled cloth.

Develop a sense of humor and an understanding of irony and it will all become clear to you, oh clueless one.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#100315 Aug 21, 2012
Urban Cowboy wrote:
Do objects in free fall (as in falling to the Earth) really accelerate?

Yes. But their speed may not change much.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#100316 Aug 21, 2012
Mugwump wrote:
I take it Urb has conceded defeat on the population stats nonsense, since he has flatly refused to answer any questions about it.
Oh well, 1 down 98 to go

You mean 99 down and none to go. I think we have finished his list and when all is said and done all he has is attacks to the person.
Mugwump

UK

#100317 Aug 21, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
None to go. UC has not successfully defended a single one of his 99 lies for Jesus.
Yeah, but it would be nice to actually see one through to a rational conclusion don't you think?

The problem is next time UC spams his 99 reasons, he will insist they have never been refuted, failing to acknowledge that it's because he gets all pissy and refuses to respond - then the whole 'groundhog day' scenario starts again.

Same with (I think) your 700x decay rate frying the earth, though think he solved that with 'god is one clever dude'- but again radiometric dating innacurracies will be on his list still.

Just frustrating as he says he would love to follow it through - but then dosent
Elohim

Ivoryton, CT

#100318 Aug 21, 2012
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the exact exchange regarding the dremel tool and Dogen:
Urban Cowboy wrote:
“Remind as again how a dremel tool is proof positive that spin doesn't matter. Koo-koo...koo koo...koo koo..”.
LowellGuy wrote:
“His claim was that spin generates gravity. Are you suggesting that spin generates gravity, too?”
Urban Cowboy wrote:
“No, but a dremel tool has so little mass it is hardly an argument.”
Dogen wrote:
“I refer you to an elementary physics book.”
Dogen wrote (commenting on the same UC quote):
“But it SHOULD if it is spinning fast enough. Do you not get anything?
Spinning = gravity.”
*End*
There is no hint that Dogen was mocking anyone. Dogen was clearly establishing that he believed that a spinning dremel creates gravity and then he acted as though he could prove it with a reference to a physics book. Then he stated –without any hint of sarcasm – that it SHOULD (notice the caps!) if it spins fast enough. And then he further emphasizes his position with an emphatic “Spinning = gravity". And you go along with this dimwit that lied about it later when he realizes he was wrong and squirms out of it like the little twerp he is? That makes you just as stupid and dishonest as he is! Shame on you LG!
Sarcasm and humor are beyond your ken.
Elohim

Ivoryton, CT

#100319 Aug 21, 2012
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but it would be nice to actually see one through to a rational conclusion don't you think?
The problem is next time UC spams his 99 reasons, he will insist they have never been refuted, failing to acknowledge that it's because he gets all pissy and refuses to respond - then the whole 'groundhog day' scenario starts again.
Same with (I think) your 700x decay rate frying the earth, though think he solved that with 'god is one clever dude'- but again radiometric dating innacurracies will be on his list still.
Just frustrating as he says he would love to follow it through - but then dosent
In his mind he did follow thru...."God did it! The bible says so!" Magic trumps science!
Urban Cowboy

United States

#100320 Aug 21, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. But their speed may not change much.
Just to make sure you are not mocking anyone: Are you absolutely sure that a free-falling object is actually accelerating? Yes or No. And is this your final answer?
Urban Cowboy

United States

#100321 Aug 21, 2012
Just to save time, the whole lot of you voodoo darwin zombies are just stupid liars.
Urban Cowboy

United States

#100322 Aug 21, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Develop a sense of humor and an understanding of irony and it will all become clear to you, oh clueless one.
You know you were wrong and then you lied about it.
Urban Cowboy

United States

#100323 Aug 21, 2012
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us how animals don't feel pain.
I never said that liar.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#100324 Aug 21, 2012
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to make sure you are not mocking anyone: Are you absolutely sure that a free-falling object is actually accelerating? Yes or No. And is this your final answer?
Accelerating to the point of terminal velocity, then acceleration is zero.
Urban Cowboy

United States

#100325 Aug 21, 2012
Mugwump wrote:
I take it Urb has conceded defeat on the population stats nonsense, since he has flatly refused to answer any questions about it.
Oh well, 1 down 98 to go
Nope. Still stands. The fact of historic world population growth from Christ to the present is exponential and that means evolution is impossible because it establishes a record that can not be changed and makes it impossible for the beginning of the exponential growth curve to have started significantly sooner than it did. You are toast and need to admit you've got a big problem. You need to make up another "just-so" story so that population growth stays flat for millions of years and then all of a sudden starts to grow at an exponential rate to the present. But of course you can't do that because it would expose the myth of evolution for the fraud it is. Just one of 99 reasons why evolution never happened.
Urban Cowboy

United States

#100326 Aug 21, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Accelerating to the point of terminal velocity, then acceleration is zero.
Is that your final answer? Will you testify that you were not mocking but are dead serious?
Mugwump

UK

#100327 Aug 21, 2012
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Still stands. The fact of historic world population growth from Christ to the present is exponential and that means evolution is impossible because it establishes a record that can not be changed and makes it impossible for the beginning of the exponential growth curve to have started significantly sooner than it did. You are toast and need to admit you've got a big problem. You need to make up another "just-so" story so that population growth stays flat for millions of years and then all of a sudden starts to grow at an exponential rate to the present. But of course you can't do that because it would expose the myth of evolution for the fraud it is. Just one of 99 reasons why evolution never happened.
Except we HAVE explained what has caused the RECENT rapid population explosion.

But - lets keep to one question for now.

You insist that my use of your formula is wrong and THAT is why I get results that do not reflect reality (should point out as I work in IT - am more inclined to blame MS excel :-))

But care to point out my error?

Am being polite - I trust you will do the same

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#100328 Aug 21, 2012
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
It wont happen.

Urban Cowboy's mind is thoroughly under the control of a fear / hope illogic-loop so powerful that it corrupts any rational thought that threatens to break in and open it up to critical examination. He simply cannot see it. What's more, he feebly tries to construct a similar loop in the minds of "darwinists" that is supposed to demonstrate the same illogic in us.

This is why so many creotards insist that evilushunists are homos and degenerates who have no hope of going to heaven and therefore try to deny it exists. They are trying to build a comparative anti-rational construction to discredit us.

Yet the vast majority of non-believers and evolutionists I know are perfectly normal, reasonably moral types with normal sexuality, mores, and lifestyles to any Christians. They have no vested interest in knowing that they are mortal creatures and evolved creatures. They would be just as happy - more happy - to believe in an afterlife if it was presented credibly. The only problem they have is that they are simply too honest to will themselves into believing ridiculous fairy tails in a way that UC has degraded his own intellect to achieve.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Santa Fe, NM

#100329 Aug 21, 2012
Urban Cowboy wrote:
Do objects in free fall (as in falling to the Earth) really accelerate?
God says if you have the faith of a mustard seed you can toss yourself off a tall building and pray yourseelf to a soft landing but of course you know that's just a bunch of bullshít.

Location hidden

#100330 Aug 21, 2012
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your final answer? Will you testify that you were not mocking but are dead serious?
Your mind is thoroughly under the control of a fear / hope illogic-loop so powerful that it corrupts any rational thought that threatens to break in and open it up to critical examination. YOU simply cannot see it. What's more, you feebly try to construct a similar loop in the minds of "darwinists" that is supposed to demonstrate the same illogic in us.

This is why so many creotards insist that evilushunists are homos and degenerates who have no hope of going to heaven and therefore try to deny it exists. They are trying to build a comparative anti-rational construction to discredit us.

Yet the vast majority of non-believers and evolutionists I know are perfectly normal, reasonably moral types with normal sexuality, mores, and lifestyles to any Christians. They have no vested interest in knowing that they are mortal creatures and evolved creatures. They would be just as happy - more happy - to believe in an afterlife if it was presented credibly. The only problem they have is that they are simply too honest to will themselves into believing ridiculous fairy tails in a way that you have degraded your own intellect to achieve.

“Wear white at night.”

Santa Fe, NM

#100331 Aug 21, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind is thoroughly under the control of a fear / hope illogic-loop so powerful that it corrupts any rational thought that threatens to break in and open it up to critical examination. YOU simply cannot see it. What's more, you feebly try to construct a similar loop in the minds of "darwinists" that is supposed to demonstrate the same illogic in us.
Yet the vast majority of non-believers and evolutionists I know are perfectly normal, reasonably moral types with normal sexuality, mores, and lifestyles to any Christians. They have no vested interest in knowing that they are mortal creatures and evolved creatures. They would be just as happy - more happy - to believe in an afterlife if it was presented credibly. The only problem they have is that they are simply too honest to will themselves into believing ridiculous fairy tails in a way that you have degraded your own intellect to achieve.
I'm a perfectly normal devout Catholic atheist sexual deviant so please don't include me in your sweeping generalization.

Location hidden

#100332 Aug 21, 2012
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a perfectly normal devout Catholic atheist sexual deviant so please don't include me in your sweeping generalization.
My apologies for stereotyping evolutionists as perfectly normal people, you hell-bound degenerate!

“Wear white at night.”

Santa Fe, NM

#100333 Aug 21, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies for stereotyping evolutionists as perfectly normal people, you hell-bound degenerate!
I guess you're right. Perfectly normal people don't admit they're hell-bound degenerates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 44 min Frindly 83,782
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 5 hr 0smius 14,947
How to Recover Deleted Contacts from iPhone 4 w... (Feb '13) 14 hr graceyin2017 70
News Face VR Zombies This Month in Daylight's End Sat ERIC 3
2017 CCIE 400-251 Question Answers | Latest Cis... Dec 7 deeny 1
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Dec 7 Max 745
News Roy Moore accuser says she was not paid to tell... Dec 6 Trump is a joke 63
More from around the web