Yahoo! Bans Telecommuting

Feb 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: HR Magazine

Reaction to the news that Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer wants to prohibit employees from telecommuting was swift and unforgiving across social media and news sites.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2013
Ding

San Antonio, TX

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Okay~ I gotta comment on this whole deal. This woman is a complete dunce. She has no "emotional intelligence". IQ (and we all know what that is-but EQ - gets you the promotion. Understanding what workers - need and feel.) She is completely clueless. Her statement about "about more productive-efficient and FUN". Is she kidding? What is FUN here...showing up to work- after sitting in traffic?- to make Ms. Clueless feel like she's "in touch?" I hear the whip cracking. Bottom line is this- she's paranoid that her company -which she has just "rescued" to save- is collapsing and she believes- people are not working hard enough. She'll just "micro manage them and fix it." Workers are not only motivated by money-but by-QUALITY OF LIFE. She doesn't feel that -she doesn't get that. Guess what Jackie...MAKING people commute -physically- to work is not FUN. Motivate your people and tell them WHAT AND WHY you need them to be productive-while working at home -and they will get it- and be productive. Hello you can NOT hold a GUN to someone's head and say, "You will HAVE FUN". What a fool.
Hey Jackie -a BSE from Wharton Biz School....uh big deal. I suggest you take a few psyche courses about people- and learn about your workers. They are NOT spreadsheets.-you're rather clueless. Me- thinks you'll be gone soon.

You are clearly not "GETTING IT" You are out of touch toots.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 11 min Christian 172,632
No more pause: Warming will be non-stop from no... 17 min The ADELAIDEAN 21
Expert: We must act fast on warming (Sep '08) 2 hr JMWinPR 27,025
NASA to Investigate Climate Impacts of Arctic S... 4 hr bottlecap 3
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 7 hr Thinking 5,921
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 11 hr shinningelectr0n 5,256
San Juan County workforce shrinks 12 hr XandO 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••