Australian surveillance 'out of contr...

Australian surveillance 'out of control': 20% increase in 1 year

There are 22 comments on the Russia Taday story from Dec 3, 2012, titled Australian surveillance 'out of control': 20% increase in 1 year. In it, Russia Taday reports that:

The US National Security Agency has responded to a Freedom of Information Act request for recent talking points from the spy agency's public affairs office, but unsurprisingly even those memos meant for the media have been heavily redacted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Russia Taday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Zaius

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Dec 3, 2012
Leftist governments always really like knowing what everyone is thinking and saying......

“REFUSE ALL IMITATIONS!!”

Since: Jan 11

Australia

#2 Dec 3, 2012
Sounds like a juicy little project for a certain organization.:)

http://tinyurl.com/cjw2shf

Aaaarrghh!! Now I'm gonna get a knock on the door at midnight ..... lol!

Since: Dec 10

Perth, Australia

#3 Dec 3, 2012
Zaius wrote:
Leftist governments always really like knowing what everyone is thinking and saying......
You are not wrong there, under under Gillard and Labor Roxon is the head of the Australian KGB, or New Australian Communist Regime, where nearly every government department including the post office has access to our private information. Thanks to Gillard who conspires with the Telco's to keep our conversations for up to two years....and they call this a feckin' free country...a mob of Natzi's are ruling.

Australian surveillance ‘out of control’: 20% increase in 1 year
yeah right

Australia

#4 Dec 3, 2012
Stick with vodaphone - no one will ever be able hear your conversations that way.
Bob

Adelaide, Australia

#5 Dec 3, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not wrong there, under under Gillard and Labor Roxon is the head of the Australian KGB, or New Australian Communist Regime, where nearly every government department including the post office has access to our private information. Thanks to Gillard who conspires with the Telco's to keep our conversations for up to two years....and they call this a feckin' free country...a mob of Natzi's are ruling.
Australian surveillance ‘out of control’: 20% increase in 1 year

You mustn't have bothered reading the link. NSW is a Coalition Govt yes?

"New South Wales (NSW) Police became the biggest users of the private data, with 103,824 access authorizations during the last year – a third of all information accessed by the security forces."

Perth, Australia

#6 Dec 3, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You mustn't have bothered reading the link. NSW is a Coalition Govt yes?
"New South Wales (NSW) Police became the biggest users of the private data, with 103,824 access authorizations during the last year – a third of all information accessed by the security forces."
No I put that link in to prove what this government has managed to do....the NSW government have been able to do it because Gillard and Roxon the commies that they are under labor, moved to make this happen. And the telco's are their bitches giving them access to private information that they have absolutely no right to...Natzi Roxon is saying it is helping the cops...she fails to tell you that it is giving information to all other government departments even the bloody postal service for what exactly...are they involved in law enforcement now...no this is just a government that wan't to know what kind of underpants you are wearing and will abuse their power to get it....Where does this government differ from the Russian KGB, where they have been able to get away with this violation because the tax payer thinks they live in some kind of democracy under this government of corruption lies and violators of private information...where because of them all the States think they have the right to access and control sensitive personal conversations.....
Bob

Adelaide, Australia

#7 Dec 3, 2012
What do you mean you put the link in? Are you 'roboblogger'? or Zaius? I dont understand?

Perth, Australia

#8 Dec 3, 2012
Bob wrote:
What do you mean you put the link in? Are you 'roboblogger'? or Zaius? I dont understand?
My apologies Bob....I forgot to post the link I had to go with it, mind was elsewhere...it is just telling you that Labor in league with telstra are keeping your information....

Australia

#9 Dec 3, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies Bob....I forgot to post the link I had to go with it, mind was elsewhere...it is just telling you that Labor in league with telstra are keeping your information....
That's it!! We can blame it all on "The Missing Link"!!:)

“We don't have to take it”

Since: Jun 08

WhereTFamI?

#10 Dec 4, 2012
Zaius wrote:
Perhaps that's why the AFP here has a pretty good record of busting drug, pedo, and terrorist scum.

I guess if they go on “fishing expeditions”, they'll be damned if they do and damned if they don't.

They could even possibly think I've got plans to overthrow the government if they had any records of my phone calls.:)

Our 'imaginary' internet 'privacy' starts and ends with our service providers and hackers, and our real life privacy ended the day two-way mirrors, CCTV and Google Earth were invented.

WhereTFamI?

#11 Dec 4, 2012
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
Sounds like a juicy little project for a certain organization.:)
http://tinyurl.com/cjw2shf Aaaarrghh!! Now I'm gonna get a knock on the door at midnight ..... lol!
RE: "Two schools in NISD — John Jay High School and Anson Jones Middle School — began asking students earlier this year to carry RFID-equipped identification cards so that educators can monitor their location on school grounds."

This is what Labour here proposed for 2013 a short while back... don't think it's got past anything yet... only a matter of time I reckon.
yeah right

Australia

#12 Dec 4, 2012
Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
RE: "Two schools in NISD — John Jay High School and Anson Jones Middle School — began asking students earlier this year to carry RFID-equipped identification cards so that educators can monitor their location on school grounds."
This is what Labour here proposed for 2013 a short while back... don't think it's got past anything yet... only a matter of time I reckon.
Do you know if they passed the law enabling telco/net data to be saved for 2 years?

Australia

#13 Dec 4, 2012
Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
They are getting sneaky-subtle lately too.

Three times within the last month I have been ambushed by the phone at my elbow with some peanut on the other end introducing him/herself as conducting a marketing survey for some organization or other.

I tell them politely (and truthfully) that I am listed on the "Do Not Call Register" and have no wish to be disturbed. Their excuse invariably is that they are not selling anything (a 'loop hole' presumably). I repeat that I do not wish to be disturbed and hang up on them without parting with any information.

A recent upsurge in these apparent breaches of "Do Not Call Registration" tempt me to join dots in the context of this topic.
sid

Chermside, Australia

#14 Dec 4, 2012
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
They are getting sneaky-subtle lately too.
Three times within the last month I have been ambushed by the phone at my elbow with some peanut on the other end introducing him/herself as conducting a marketing survey for some organization or other.
I tell them politely (and truthfully) that I am listed on the "Do Not Call Register" and have no wish to be disturbed. Their excuse invariably is that they are not selling anything (a 'loop hole' presumably). I repeat that I do not wish to be disturbed and hang up on them without parting with any information.
A recent upsurge in these apparent breaches of "Do Not Call Registration" tempt me to join dots in the context of this topic.
If it's a male I just hang up, if it's a female I ask them what color panties they are wearing, if that doesn't scare them off and they answer red for example I tell them, sorry today is a black panty day, I don't speak to any woman not wearing black panties, that usually gets rid of them.

Australia

#15 Dec 4, 2012
sid wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's a male I just hang up, if it's a female I ask them what color panties they are wearing, if that doesn't scare them off and they answer red for example I tell them, sorry today is a black panty day, I don't speak to any woman not wearing black panties, that usually gets rid of them.
StopitIlikeit!!:)))

WhereTFamI?

#16 Dec 4, 2012
yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know if they passed the law enabling telco/net data to be saved for 2 years?
As far as I know, not yet.....???

In case you missed this in September...

Roxon Nazi - again! A dangerous woman that one!

The Attorney-General is considering introducing laws to force internet providers to store data on all phone and internet communications for two years.

Phone, internet data could be kept for 2 years:
VIDEO and TRANSCRIPT - http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s...

WhereTFamI?

#17 Dec 4, 2012
The ADELAIDEAN wrote:
<quoted text>
StopitIlikeit!!:)))
Behave yourself Benny!

Australia

#18 Dec 4, 2012
Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
The Attorney-General is considering introducing laws to force internet providers to store data on all phone and internet communications for two years.
Roxon is a Control Freak. I can imagine her in private hours encased in shiny black vinyl as Madame Lash! lol!
CrimeaRiver

UK

#19 Dec 4, 2012
I truly believe that failed immigration policies, multi-culturalism and militant Islamists on our doorsteps are smokescreens designed to avert our gaze from this. The police state that threatens every major city.

But the less aware of us can't see it and will demand tougher controls and tighter security on our everyday lives..... until its too late.
yeah right

Australia

#20 Dec 4, 2012
Gottaliv wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's what I'm remembering from a few months ago, just wasn't sure whether or not it had passed... yech!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Ronnie 34,727
How to retrieve deleted text messages from Sams... 5 min AnnieChow 1
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 1 hr Ozzmius 10,447
News SEO and content strategies (Aug '13) 1 hr FrankMills 6
News Weird machine enables a dog to pet its owner 6 hr Dr Wu 3
News Former astronaut scoffs at global warming (Feb '09) 11 hr Into The Night 2,393
News Earth's Polar Ice Melting Less Than Thought (Feb '12) 20 hr Earthling-1 14
More from around the web