Cooperative play mitigates negative e...

Cooperative play mitigates negative effects of violent video games | Science Codex

There are 4 comments on the www.sciencecodex.com story from Sep 4, 2012, titled Cooperative play mitigates negative effects of violent video games | Science Codex. In it, www.sciencecodex.com reports that:

New research suggests that violent video games may not make players more aggressive - if they play cooperatively with other people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.sciencecodex.com.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Sep 5, 2012
They're still trying this fallacy? Sheesh, video games and movies don't make people violent, violent people are violent because of personality flaws.

But coop games do help people learn team skills, so they got part of it correct, just not the correct part.

“Got Science?”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2 Sep 5, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
They're still trying this fallacy? Sheesh, video games and movies don't make people violent, violent people are violent because of personality flaws.
I agree, and people make the same claim about guns and violence and sex in media, alcohol, you name it. Why we have controls on anything children can buy is a mystery, since apparently sensory inputs don't ever change people

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#3 Sep 5, 2012
Cash wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, and people make the same claim about guns and violence and sex in media, alcohol, you name it. Why we have controls on anything children can buy is a mystery, since apparently sensory inputs don't ever change people
It's the parent's responsibility for the children, not the government's responsibility anyway. The media only influences people who are already ill, censorship is a result of lazy parents, not the effects the media has on children. There is no substantial evidence supporting the notion that violent imagery causes people to be violent, even children. All statistical data shows that there may even be a strong link to violent video games and a decline in violent crimes in the US. But again, no conclusive study either way.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 11, 2012
So this is where the weak and wounded hide out?

Which is prey and which is predator?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Into The Night 69,892
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 16 min 0smius 14,082
DVDFab Summertime Super Deals-Save 50% on the 4... 14 hr dvdlover 1
Dark Millions : Private Carding Forum (Feb '15) 18 hr VLAD 11
Vapefly Nicolas MTL Tank, Designed for Flavor C... 21 hr luckyluckyluke 1
Buy Wismec ES300 EXO SKELETON Kit Quick Review 21 hr bettyw 1
Wismec Exo Skeleton ES300,Powerful yet Intelligent Mon luckyluckyluke 1
More from around the web