Shiveluch Volcano Eruption 01112013

Shiveluch Volcano Eruption 01112013

There are 1 comment on the Space.com story from Jan 21, 2013, titled Shiveluch Volcano Eruption 01112013. In it, Space.com reports that:

With more than 300 volcanoes crowded into a finger of land roughly the size of California, Russia's Kamchatka peninsula is home to the world's highest concentration of active volcanoes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Space.com.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Jan 23, 2013
Lovely pictures.

I especially liked the red dot on Tolbachik which appears to be a skylight type lava lake,(with lava flowing beneath and emerging @ another vent as a flow with a window of molten lava continually replenished by turbulence in a former crater open to the air traversed by a fissure).

The much vaunted slowly extruding lava flow on the NE.flank of the Shiveluch lava dome is difficult to see in the pic & appears to be a "blob" type flow.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News South Georgia man damaged retina looking at 197... 1 hr Common Sense 1
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Regolith Based Li... 78,489
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... Tue FCVK THE SNOWFLAKES 2
News Rescuers discover body in Modesto creek is Dracula Tue sir ran rap 3
News Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Tue Atlanta Puppeteer 738
News 2 high schools in state to offer pilot program ... Mon Camden Kid Toucher 2
News Best SEO Services: Optimization Process for New... (Mar '11) Aug 14 cpa2client 11
More from around the web