Fedora 18 Linux Delayed to 2013

Fedora 18 Linux Delayed to 2013

There are 1 comment on the Linux Today story from Nov 9, 2012, titled Fedora 18 Linux Delayed to 2013. In it, Linux Today reports that:

Last week, Fedora pushed back a milestone beta release, but still committed to getting the final Fedora 18 before the end of the year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Linux Today.

Leslie Satenstein

Montréal, Canada

#1 Nov 9, 2012
The first distribution you get that introduces you to Linux is the distribution that you learn the most about and the one that keeps you loyal.

I have been using Fedora since 2004, and everytime I tried another distribution, Ubuntu included, I returned to Fedora.
I have a test version of Fedora 18, and so far, it looks good. My disappointment is with the delays, and not the quality of the product.

I also use Ubuntu, though it is more to know what the differences are between Ubuntu and Fedora.
I do like the fact that the Codecs, and other software (pdf, flash), are installed as a no-brainer. With Fedora I must visit rpmfusion.org and select what I need from its collection.

For Fedora 17, I found a software that lists all the add-ons of interest, and with a checkbox against the extra files I would like, I click and voila, my updates for codecs etc, are done.
I expect the same for Fedora 18.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science / Technology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Time An Illusion? (May '10) 17 min Osmius 6,587
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 40 min Brian_G 19,786
News Social and SEO Work Better Together 4 hr oliviarousseff 2
News Are robots the future of sex tourism? 15 hr Jennie 1
How to Directly Recover Deleted Photos from my ... (Nov '12) Fri Lora_14 34
Biometric Cloud-Based Offers Attractive Deployment Thu iritechinc 1
News 8th District Republican candidates a mixed bag (Feb '10) Thu MAKING BETTER POL... 11
More from around the web