Health Alert! Vitamin D Lack In Blacks Linked To Multiple Sclerosis

May 31, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTLC-AM Indianapolis

A recent study has confirmed a link between vitamin D deficiency and multiple sclerosis in African-Americans. This study was engineered to confirm the link between low vitamin D levels in black subjects and the prevalence and severity of MS, controlling for other factors such as climate.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2012

“The doctor is in.”

Since: Apr 11

Davie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

What?!?!?!?!? The superior kings-n-queens-n-shit have a problem??

“Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer”

Since: May 11

Go Speed Racer, GO!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2011

I wonder if it's,
.....disproportionate...???...
Cat5

Moscow, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

I can't believe their magical melanin shield isn't protecting them from yet another health issue.
Lana17

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

blue oyster wrote:
Well this all prove's that the sun doesn't like blacks either. Richard Pryor had multiple sclerosis too. Now we know why he go it.
No! It proves blacks aren't getting enough sun. Failed reading comprehension? But then again, whether you understand it or not is irrelevant.
Lana17

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Good article!
Anonymous

Belgrade, Serbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

The benefits of d vitamin for your strength of the bone fragments are well-known. That is why each father or mother makes its kid to consume milk regularly due to the d vitamin and calcium in it. However, apart from these the d vitamin is incredibly beneficial for our health and it has a significant function inside the prevention of some critical issues.
Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.vitaminddeficiencyonline.com/
EAT ORGANIC ALL NATURAL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2011

This is why people should eat organic, all natural foods and whole-food supplements. I eat granulated organic bee pollen every single day as my 'perfect' multivitamin. Get plenty of sun light. I do not trust these bastards that say the sun can cause skin cancer. Nope. I get plenty of sun, I can drink milk if I like, and do often anyway.

The sun gives life to every plant on Earth feeds them, all animals sit out in the sun for hours, yet they're saying humans cannot do it when we're just as at home on Earth as all animals? Get out of here. Humans have been in the sunlight for thousands of years! Maybe for those that burn in the sun, you shouldn't stay in in long then, but majority of other people that tan, there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't care if all doctors and scientists in the world told me to stay out of the sunlight, I'm STILL going in it! I use my own brain, I do not follow these sneaky little snakes with agendas that seek to make people sick so they can sell them pharmaceutical drugs with even more poisons in them and even then make multi-billions of dollars off of doing so each year!

Be very skeptical of the FDA and all of the medical industry! Most of them do not personally care for your health! They only usually care for their profits, how they can make those profits off of YOUR suffering and YOUR sickness!

Just eat organic, all natural foods! And use that brain to think about what is more logical, not blindly follow these scheming liars simply because you ASSUME they care for you, when they do not.

They try to act like "the all knowing authority" so that all the dumb sheep follow them and do what they say to do. I'M NO SHEEP!

There are SO many benefits from eating organic foods, with all the natural vitamins in them, but when we cook those foods down, we kill the vitamins, so then we take [whole food] supplements to make up for that which is now lacking. Eating raw, organic, all natural food is BEST though!

Ideally grow your own organic food!

Get a water-filter to filter all the fluoride and other poisonous crap they put in the water! Get one for your shower as well.

Get organic toothpaste which has NO FLUORIDE in it.

FLUORIDE IS POISON!
John

Clarks Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

The article provided was cut so were there any provided treatments that can help black people in battling this challenge so that they can prevent osteoporosis from happening? http://www.fosamaxfemurfracturelawsuit.com/fo...

“People will think I'm crazy”

Since: Jan 07

If they see me talkin to you

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

oh_Really-___-___- wrote:
I wonder if it's,
.....disproportionate...???...

Maybe it's per capita, that won't hurt them,,,
Vote for RON PAUL in 2012

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Black people originally come from a very sunny environment (Africa), so they are adapted to strong sun rays on their skin, that is why it is so dark.

When they are taken out of such a sunny environment and put in an environment where the sun is not nearly as strong (most of North America, especially living indoors all the time), then they need to go into the sun a lot longer in order for those vitamins to get into their system. If not then take vitamin D wholefood supplements to help.

GO ORGANIC!

“Dont Play With Me”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Judged:

I heard that you can get Vitamin D from sunlight. But, why only Blacks and not other races?

“Putrifying Trayvon...”

Since: Dec 11

Grateful Nation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Girl18 wrote:
I heard that you can get Vitamin D from sunlight. But, why only Blacks and not other races?
smdh

ALL races get D from sunlight, not just blacks.

“Dont Play With Me”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Judged:

I meant why only Blacks get MS from not having enough Vitamin D compared to other races?

“Putrifying Trayvon...”

Since: Dec 11

Grateful Nation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Girl18 wrote:
I meant why only Blacks get MS from not having enough Vitamin D compared to other races?
They don't. That's not really what the article states. It's talking specifically about AAs, but doesn't say that D deficiency is causative for MS only in blacks.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vitamin-d-an...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vitamin D Discussions

Search the Vitamin D Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vitamin D and Erectile Dysfunction (Jun '12) Jun '14 Hersch 16
Vitamin D deficiency 'may be important risk fac... (Aug '12) Jun '14 Abram 19
Vitamin D May Play a Role in Erectile Dysfunction (Jun '12) Jun '14 Emanuel 10
Vitamin D Deficiency And Prostate Cancer May '14 IronOak 23
Vitamin D during pregnancy strengthens offsprin... Apr '14 you never get it 2
Some evidence vitamin D might fight colds (Jun '11) Mar '14 Tracy 6
Eat these foods to nourish your skin Mar '14 Attandji patrick 1
•••
•••