Link Between Low Vitamin D Levels And...

Link Between Low Vitamin D Levels And Multiple Sclerosis Risk For African Americans

There are 2 comments on the MediLexicon story from May 30, 2011, titled Link Between Low Vitamin D Levels And Multiple Sclerosis Risk For African Americans. In it, MediLexicon reports that:

In the first major study exploring the connection between vitamin D and multiple sclerosis in African Americans, a team of scientists at the University of California, San Francisco has discovered that vitamin D levels in the blood are lower in African Americans who have the disease, compared to African Americans who do not.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MediLexicon.

Becky

Hialeah, FL

#1 May 30, 2011
Duh, the sun is about 50 times stronger in Africa. I could not be exposed to it for more than an hour without burning back in South Africa. Here in Florida I can spend the day with no sunscreen and hardly get the first tan line.
John

Clarks Summit, PA

#4 Jan 20, 2012
This situation should be explored more so that with many studies, proper treatment can be produced. http://www.fosamaxfemurfracturelawsuit.com/fe...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vitamin D Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Do we really need milk? May '16 DelfinaGoldberg 1
News Vitamin D and Erectile Dysfunction (Jun '12) Feb '16 kenionbrown 21
News Vitamin D May Play a Role in Erectile Dysfunction (Jun '12) Jan '16 Kilroy 11
News Vitamin D deficiency 'may be important risk fac... (Aug '12) Jan '16 Bartmes 20
News Minority Teens May Need An Extra Vitamin D Boost (Dec '15) Dec '15 Spotted Girl 15
News Eat these foods to nourish your skin (Mar '14) Oct '15 HippoAttack 3
News Good sleep is key to good sex (Mar '15) Jun '15 medicationsforall 5
More from around the web