The "Sunshine Vitamin" Vitamin D3

Posted in the Vitamin D Forum

Morgan

Tremonton, UT

#1 Jun 21, 2012
Posted by April on 6/20/2012 to Vitamin D3
http://www.vitalhp.com/The-Sunshine-Vitamin-V...
The “Sunshine Vitamin” Vitamin D3, a crucial vitamin with a significant role for sustaining correct body functions.
Were you aware that although vitamin D is classified as a vitamin it actually is a vital controlling hormone for calcium and bone absorption? A proper vitamin D3 level is vital for guaranteeing normal calcium absorption and preservation of healthy plasma calcium levels.(NCBI)
Let’s get an understanding of why Vitamin D3 is classified as a hormone.
In the liver vitamin D is converted to calcidiol, which is the specific vitamin D metabolite that is measured to determine a person's vitamin D status. Part of the calcidiol is converted by the kidneys to calcitriol, the naturally active form of vitamin D3. Calcitriol circulates as a hormone in the blood, controlling the strength of calcium and phosphate in the bloodstream and supporting the healthy growth and remodeling of bone.
On top of bone support vitamin D3 also has many other roles: inflection of cell growth, neuromuscular and immune function and inflammatory care. It appears that this vitamin is at the heart of proper body functioning and good health.
Here’s another FYI for you:
AJCN.....The leading cause of death in the United States today, Cardiovascular disease, has been linked to common vitamin D3 deficiency.
Why Vitamin D3 is important to me and why I felt compelled to blog about it.
Recently I had a friend who years ago was diagnosed with Lupus. This disease has made it so she is unable to use the sun as a viable way of obtaining proper amounts of needed vitamin D3. Thru our research at Vital HP we were able to offer her a wonderful alternative by supplementing her daily diet with a Vitamin D3 5000 IU capsule.
I quote:“Since I have been on the Vitamin D3 I have not been sick or needed to go to the doctors. It has been refreshing and a wonderful change for me. I’m actually able to live my life and not feel as enabled from my disease. Vitamin D has made that much difference for me.” Liz
Scientist and doctors are finely understanding and recommending that higher levels of supplementation are warranted to maintain proper health and bone support. In my friends case it has been a true testament of the importance of this hormone vitamin: Vitamin D3 better known as the “Sunshine Vitamin”.
www.vitalhp.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vitamin D Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Do we really need milk? May '16 DelfinaGoldberg 1
News Vitamin D and Erectile Dysfunction (Jun '12) Feb '16 kenionbrown 21
News Vitamin D May Play a Role in Erectile Dysfunction (Jun '12) Jan '16 Kilroy 11
News Vitamin D deficiency 'may be important risk fac... (Aug '12) Jan '16 Bartmes 20
News Minority Teens May Need An Extra Vitamin D Boost (Dec '15) Dec '15 Spotted Girl 14
News Eat these foods to nourish your skin (Mar '14) Oct '15 HippoAttack 3
News Good sleep is key to good sex (Mar '15) Jun '15 medicationsforall 5
More from around the web