Spring allergies: Seven natural remedies

May 13, 2011 Full story: KGWN-TV Cheyenne 10

This is turning out to be one of the worst springs ever for Americans who suffer from allergies.

Read more
Bee

Toronto, Canada

#2 May 13, 2011
JohnS

Sydney, Australia

#3 May 15, 2011
Honey is great! Not only does it provide symptomatic relief, it also is a great pain killer.

I threw everything I could think of at my allergies, and would never consider honey as the only thing to reach for, but diet generally, expressing as high level health is the key.

I also had great results using the ELANRA ioniser. This device helped me sleep when without it I was up chocking and gasping all night!

Now, perhaps too old or too healthy to suffer from allergies, I continue to suffer occasionally from what is probably ulcerated sinuses and nasal passages.

My cure for this one is a trickle of Manuka Honey drizzled into the nostrils with the head laid back over the side of the bed so the honey will run into the sinuses. I simply dip the handle tip of my tooth brush in the honey and let a few drops fall into the nostril.

This is not comfortable initially, and should not be attempted by anyone with serious breathing difficulties (like asthma) as some choking and panic could ensue, but it works for me. For safety's sake, I just treated one nostril the first time to observe what happens.

The bleeding stops immediately, the passages dry up within a few hours, scabs form and are voided.

Happy Breathing!
Mark

Canberra, Australia

#4 May 15, 2011
JohnS wrote:
Honey is great! Not only does it provide symptomatic relief, it also is a great pain killer.
I threw everything I could think of at my allergies, and would never consider honey as the only thing to reach for, but diet generally, expressing as high level health is the key.
I also had great results using the ELANRA ioniser. This device helped me sleep when without it I was up chocking and gasping all night!
Now, perhaps too old or too healthy to suffer from allergies, I continue to suffer occasionally from what is probably ulcerated sinuses and nasal passages.
My cure for this one is a trickle of Manuka Honey drizzled into the nostrils with the head laid back over the side of the bed so the honey will run into the sinuses. I simply dip the handle tip of my tooth brush in the honey and let a few drops fall into the nostril.
This is not comfortable initially, and should not be attempted by anyone with serious breathing difficulties (like asthma) as some choking and panic could ensue, but it works for me. For safety's sake, I just treated one nostril the first time to observe what happens.
The bleeding stops immediately, the passages dry up within a few hours, scabs form and are voided.
Happy Breathing!
What happens if you are allergic to honey?
The Blue Heron Clinic

Ireland

#5 May 19, 2011
Acupuncture has many applications. Actually, according to traditional chines medicine theory there's not much acupuncture can't treat effectively!
http://www.blueheronclinic.com
JohnS

Sydney, Australia

#6 May 24, 2011
My Dear Mark,

Is there such a thing as a true allergy to honey?

No doubt one exists somewhere, but statistically, it would have to be seen as of no consequence.

Many people appear to have an intellectual aversion to honey. Is this the type of allergy you are referring to?

There are very few true allergies in an otherwise healthy and balanced person. Poisons are another matter. Honey is not a poison.

Breathe easy!

JohnS
Mark

Canberra, Australia

#7 May 25, 2011
JohnS wrote:
My Dear Mark,
Is there such a thing as a true allergy to honey?
No doubt one exists somewhere, but statistically, it would have to be seen as of no consequence.
Many people appear to have an intellectual aversion to honey. Is this the type of allergy you are referring to?
There are very few true allergies in an otherwise healthy and balanced person. Poisons are another matter. Honey is not a poison.
Breathe easy!
JohnS
In the last years of my fathers life he could not eat honey, it would cause a severe itchy rash. People can develop serious allergies to any substance, even things they have consumed throughout their lives. It is often difficult to identify what is causing a reaction so getting a proper allergy test is important. There are a lot of fake allergy tests offered at "wellness" fairs or posting hair samples to people who advertise in alt med magazines. Go see a real doctor for a real allergy test.
JohnS

Sydney, Australia

#8 May 25, 2011
You are quite correct, Mark, about the true cause of allergies being difficult to pinpoint, hence the honey may be taking the rap for something it was attempting to expell from the body more so than being itself an allergen.

Honey is a great energy provider so is often beneficial is all sorts of cleaning and restorative functions throughout the body, as most real doctors probably already know.

By their fruits shall ye know them!

Cheers,

JohnS
Samuarte

UK

#9 Jun 21, 2011
For hayfever i find rubbing yeast extract - or marmite under my eyes prevents most of the pollen affecting me. Please try this and it will sove you problem,
Samuarte
Mark

Canberra, Australia

#10 Jun 21, 2011
Samuarte wrote:
For hayfever i find rubbing yeast extract - or marmite under my eyes prevents most of the pollen affecting me. Please try this and it will sove you problem,
Samuarte
How does this prevent allergens going up your nostrils? Admit it you just want people looking silly when they go out in public.
Samuarte

UK

#11 Aug 10, 2011
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
How does this prevent allergens going up your nostrils? Admit it you just want people looking silly when they go out in public.
Mark from Cranberra i do not want to people look silly. I am a black man and it wroks for me. If you are whites you could use cream cheese. I find that a sticky thing make the pollen not goes up your nostirils or your eye.
I try to help peoples as i know the pain and horriblness of hay fevers.
LOve Samuarte

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vitamin C Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Female and losing your hair? Don't worry h- her... Mar 17 Chispita13 1
News Sayur Manis: Delicious, But Also Deadly, Greens... (Aug '14) Mar 11 Indon tak malu 2
News What are the health benefits of butternut squash? Nov '14 cdm-ochm 3
News Muscadines earns nickname as - grape of the South' Oct '14 Nice 1
News Dermatologist's Tips for Rapid Clearing of Acne (Mar '13) Aug '14 adam2014 4
News Best and worst foods for your sex life (Jul '14) Jul '14 jojo 1
News People's Pharmacy (Jun '12) Jun '14 Cary 17
More from around the web