Homosexuality is Not a Choice

Today, presidential candidate Herman Cain declared on ABC's The View that homosexuality is a choice. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 4, 2011
And he knows this how? Is he a psychologist? I'd love to see his degree.

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

#2 Oct 4, 2011
I'm starting to like Cain more and more. He's open to learning and unlike many of the other Repug candidates, actually utilizes common sense.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#3 Oct 4, 2011
Cheyenne277 wrote:
I'm starting to like Cain more and more. He's open to learning and unlike many of the other Repug candidates, actually utilizes common sense.
Well, I hope he really IS open to learning, because his "opinion" that homosexuality is a choice, is not an educated one. Cain should read this article, along with many others that dispel that myth/propaganda.
Up4it

Galway, Ireland

#4 Oct 4, 2011
I thought it had been established by now that homosexuality is biological. God some people are such idiots to believe that it is a choice people make. Homosexuality is, in a way, a natural anomaly that is caused by the exposure to certain hormones in the womb(oestrogen,testosterone etc) and the symmetry of the brain hemispheres-ie homosexual men have relatively equal hemispherical mass, whereas hetero men and women have asymmetrical hemispheres which are slightly larger on the right and left respectfully.
Those of you who actualy took a biology class in school should be aware of this!
Also the environment has a slight impact on sexual development but it is only minute.
Genetics c. 90%+ Environment c. 10%= Your sexuality

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 4, 2011
Most of these haters know being gay is not a choice. Why don't they just say they know gays are born that way but they hate them regardless? Black people are born black but the racists are still full of hate.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#6 Oct 4, 2011
equalityboy81 wrote:
Most of these haters know being gay is not a choice. Why don't they just say they know gays are born that way but they hate them regardless? Black people are born black but the racists are still full of hate.
Because they don't just want to hate gays, they want to control them and limit their rights, and justify their irrational hatred. By claiming it's a choice, they feel they have a right to try to "cure" gays, and those who refuse to be "cured" are "rebelling against God" or some other nonsense. If they accept that it's not a choice, they forfeit their "right" to harass, bully, and persecute gays, and treat them as less than human.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#7 Oct 4, 2011
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they don't just want to hate gays, they want to control them and limit their rights, and justify their irrational hatred. By claiming it's a choice, they feel they have a right to try to "cure" gays, and those who refuse to be "cured" are "rebelling against God" or some other nonsense. If they accept that it's not a choice, they forfeit their "right" to harass, bully, and persecute gays, and treat them as less than human.
I agree.

GO PACKERS !

:)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8 Oct 4, 2011
Today I chose to be homosexual and twomorrow I choose to be hetrosexual. I'm probably bisexual anyway. By that logic.
Join Free

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#9 Oct 5, 2011
Gypa wrote:
Today I chose to be homosexual and twomorrow I choose to be hetrosexual. I'm probably bisexual anyway. By that logic.
I am bisexual, which means I'm neither homosexual or heterosexual, and I didn't choose to be bisexual either. If I'm with a man, I'm not homosexual, I'm still bisexual... and if I'm with a woman, I'm not heterosexual, I'm still bisexual. Like anyone else, I can choose who I have sex with, but I can't choose who I'm attracted to. I wish I could, because I'm way too picky for my own good.
absolution

UK

#10 Oct 5, 2011
Homosexuality is not a choice but homosexual sex is.
Spermin Pain

Sound Beach, NY

#11 Oct 5, 2011
God made Adam and Eve notz Adam ands Steves Yo! Word em ups Yo!

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

#12 Oct 5, 2011
I have always contended that the God-believers MUST conclude that homosexual orientation is a choice because if it were not, then their God (according to their interpretation of the Bible) has created a human being that it considers an 'abomination' and condemns to death. What kind of God would do that? And if this God is wrong on this account, what other things is it wrong about?

I also think that many politicians don't give a damn about homosexuality (or abortion), but they use these wedge issue to appeal the Christian right in order to get votes.

“Bring Back the Bush!”

Since: Jul 10

Ventura

#13 Oct 5, 2011
Not to worry folks. If this guy is a presidential candidate, he's also a complete unknown. I've never heard of him and its too late in the race to be an unknown. If his first publicity is making a remark like that then this discussion need not even take place. The person who posted this article is just as much an idiot.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#14 Oct 5, 2011
Its Tim wrote:
Not to worry folks. If this guy is a presidential candidate, he's also a complete unknown. I've never heard of him and its too late in the race to be an unknown. If his first publicity is making a remark like that then this discussion need not even take place. The person who posted this article is just as much an idiot.
I wouldn't rule him out just yet. You may not have heard of him, but I have. And you may think it's too late in the race, but I don't think the race has even started yet. The GOP doesn't have a clue who should be their candidate yet because most of the choices we've seen are not electable. Admittedly some democrats might vote republican if they had a reasonable candidate. I wish Americans were ready for more parties than two, and I don't mean just tea and libertarian, since they aren't taken seriously by most people.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#16 Oct 5, 2011
callmebad wrote:
I think homosexuality and lesbian is more of a personal choice
www.allaboutlovensex.blogspot.com
And just like Herman Cain, you think wrong. Did you read the article? Was YOUR sexual orientation a personal choice? If so, how did you choose?

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#17 Oct 5, 2011
callmebad wrote:
I think homosexuality and lesbian is more of a personal choice
www.allaboutlovensex.blogspot.com
You're also free to think that the world is flat. In both cases, you'd be wrong. One's sexual orientation is fixed, unchangeable, and is as an indelible characteristic as one's eye color or chirality.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#18 Oct 5, 2011
GO PACKERS !

:)
Sgt Common Sense

United States

#19 Oct 5, 2011
Spermin Pain wrote:
God made Adam and Eve notz Adam ands Steves Yo! Word em ups Yo!
Who made Steve then?
You do know that Adam and Eve brought sin into the world, not, Adam and Steve.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#20 Oct 5, 2011
absolution wrote:
Homosexuality is not a choice but homosexual sex is.
Any sex is, for that matter. So is getting up in the morning. Your point is.....?

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#21 Oct 5, 2011
Spermin Pain wrote:
God made Adam and Eve notz Adam ands Steves Yo! Word em ups Yo!
Then who made Steve???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hypothalamus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missouri mothers save placenta as natural remedy (Jul '12) Jul '12 Tom 1
Controversial Weight-Loss Diet Gaining Popularity (Feb '11) Feb '11 Just saying 1
More from around the web