Asthma rates increase throughout region

Asthma rates increase throughout region

There are 54 comments on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story from Apr 7, 2011, titled Asthma rates increase throughout region. In it, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that:

Students in the South Allegheny School District, downwind of U.S. Steel Corp.'s Clairton Coke Works, have asthma rates 300 to 400 percent higher than national rates, convincing district officials to install air filtration systems in school buildings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Disputin rasputin

West Mifflin, PA

#22 Apr 15, 2011
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't -- none of those shithole bums are "steelworkers" anyways. Their product quality is a joke! With their obsolete technology and equipment they can't even meet their own specifications. However, this is necessary to accommodate the fantasies of these shithole bums who believe that modern technology is a "job killer" and that any for of progress is a "conspiracy".
Hey, putz, we're building a new 1.5 billion dollar, state-of-the-art rolling mill just outside the Burgh. You apparently don't keep up very well, do ya' sonny boy?
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#23 Apr 15, 2011
Disputin rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, putz, we're building a new 1.5 billion dollar, state-of-the-art rolling mill just outside the Burgh. You apparently don't keep up very well, do ya' sonny boy?
Let's see how well that "new and improved" shithole actually does against foreign competitors. Failure is guaranteed, if only by the presence of these shithole bums.

Now if FOREIGN steel companies would take a leaf from the auto-industry and establish MODERN steel plants with a non-union workforce everything would be alright.....but these shithole bums of the USW only care about one thing....GETTING DRUNK.

Well, why not? Anyone who was in the business of murdering innocent people with poison gas has cause to get drunk....they have already lost their humanity.
Disputin rasputin

West Mifflin, PA

#24 Apr 16, 2011
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see how well that "new and improved" shithole actually does against foreign competitors. Failure is guaranteed, if only by the presence of these shithole bums.
Now if FOREIGN steel companies would take a leaf from the auto-industry and establish MODERN steel plants with a non-union workforce everything would be alright.....but these shithole bums of the USW only care about one thing....GETTING DRUNK.
Well, why not? Anyone who was in the business of murdering innocent people with poison gas has cause to get drunk....they have already lost their humanity.
Actually, as the consistently leading supplier of its steel products to the world, it will do just fine, ya' little numnutz troll.
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#25 Apr 16, 2011
Disputin rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, as the consistently leading supplier of its steel products to the world, it will do just fine, ya' little numnutz troll.
Well, if this is true, then we can go ahead and close down all of these other useless old shitholes -- starting with the Clairton Coke works -- and get rid of those shithole bums -- RIGHT!!!

Personally, I put my money on foreign steel -- better technology, better quality and a better class of people. The only comeback these shithole bums will ever stage is at a local bar -- GETTING DRUNK.
disputin rasputin

West Mifflin, PA

#26 Apr 17, 2011
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if this is true, then we can go ahead and close down all of these other useless old shitholes -- starting with the Clairton Coke works -- and get rid of those shithole bums -- RIGHT!!!
Personally, I put my money on foreign steel -- better technology, better quality and a better class of people. The only comeback these shithole bums will ever stage is at a local bar -- GETTING DRUNK.
Close other plants? Why? It's obvious you have no understanding of the international steel products market. And as you're also clearly anti-American little troll with homosexual tendancies, given your bizarre facination with "shitholes," you need to turn your limited resources inward, and break out of the closet before you criticize others.
spud

Detroit, MI

#27 Apr 17, 2011
If this plant is really the reason for the increase in asthma, why are they putting filters in the schools? Wouldn't it be better to filter the smoke at the plant. That would be to everyones benefit. What's the point of just protecting students and only while they're in school? Sounds like a real stupid solution that won't do anything but cost alot of money.
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#28 Apr 17, 2011
spud wrote:
If this plant is really the reason for the increase in asthma, why are they putting filters in the schools? Wouldn't it be better to filter the smoke at the plant. That would be to everyones benefit. What's the point of just protecting students and only while they're in school? Sounds like a real stupid solution that won't do anything but cost alot of money.
Of course it would. You are ABSOLUTELY right!.....but.....

You don't actually expect US Steel to do that do you?

For over thirty years they have promised "upgrades and improvements". Each time they put them on hold as part of an "economy move". Then come the pleas of "hardship" and the project is cancelled.

Besides, those bums know their families are not at risk. Borrowing a leaf from the executives book, they "prefer to live some place nice" and just "commute to pollute and rip-off the loot". They know that their families are safely out of harms way. Whatever happens their kids aren't the ones who are going to die.

Your technical assessment is EXACTLY correct -- but you assume a basic humanity in USS/USW that simply does not exist.
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#29 Apr 17, 2011
disputin rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Close other plants? Why? It's obvious you have no understanding of the international steel products market. And as you're also clearly anti-American little troll with homosexual tendancies, given your bizarre facination with "shitholes," you need to turn your limited resources inward, and break out of the closet before you criticize others.
Those shithole bums -- they are NOT "steelworkers" by any stretch of the imagination -- believe modern technology are "job killers" and that progress in general is a "conspiracy".....so it is these shithole bums who are in fact anti-American -- and in case reliance on obsolete technology, breakdown maintenance, depreciated assets and equipment that belongs in the junkyard does NOT serve the interests of the United States or the American economy.

I agree with you that "shitholes" is far too kind a word for these facilities that produce nothing but worthless garbage, poison gas and dead bodies. Likewise "shithole bum is also too kind a word to describe people who make their living producing worthless garbage as a cover for murder and who live off government life support and the misery of others.

As for your comments of a sexual nature, these serve merely to reconfirm the moral inferiority of all these shithole bums. Their pre-occupation with drugs sex and alchohol is well known and just one more reason to consign these worthless old shitholes of theirs to dynamite and the wrecking ball. The MonValley will have a much better class of people once these shithole bums are deprived of their livelihood as they will soon be all dead and gone -- most of them will simply drink themselves to death.....once again, good riddance to ALL forms of garbage -- the kind that comes out of your shitholes AND the kind that goes in the front gate!
disputin rasputin

West Mifflin, PA

#30 Apr 17, 2011
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
As for your comments of a sexual nature, these serve merely to reconfirm the moral inferiority of all these shithole bums.
The comments referred to your sexual orientation, putz, and were not of a sexual nature. Been so long since your last sexual experience that you can't differentiate between the two, bubba?
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#31 Apr 17, 2011
disputin rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
The comments referred to your sexual orientation, putz, and were not of a sexual nature. Been so long since your last sexual experience that you can't differentiate between the two, bubba?
The excessive preoccupation of these shithole bums with drugs, sex and alchohol leaves no doubt that the MonVslley will be better off once their shithole are consigned to dynamite and the wrecking ball -- if only BECAUSE it will deprive the shithole bums of their livelihood. This will leave us with a better class of people and everyone will be so much better off when all these shithole bums are dead and gone.

It is possible to earn a living honestly WITHOUT murdering innocent people -- but that is TOO much to expect from any shithole bum.
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#32 Apr 17, 2011
disputin rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
The comments referred to your sexual orientation, putz, and were not of a sexual nature. Been so long since your last sexual experience that you can't differentiate between the two, bubba?
BTW....I am still waiting for the "disputing" part. although refutation and logical argument is probably beyond any shithole bum. Your intellectual inferiority is simply too great -- and your pre-occupation with sex is symptomatic of this....as well as your moral inferiority. The first ensures your failure, the latter assures that it is well-deserved.

So pull your shithole in after you and breathe deeply. Then you will be a "good" shithole bum -- the ONLY kind!
raspukin

Mckeesport, PA

#33 Apr 17, 2011
The flags are gonna be wavin down in mckeesport ras!!!!! Another addition to the murderous population.
disputin rasputin

West Mifflin, PA

#34 Apr 17, 2011
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is possible to earn a living honestly WITHOUT murdering innocent people -- but that is TOO much to expect from any shithole bum.
What's your point, putz? No one in this life is truly innocent... and nobody's getting out of this world alive.
disputin rasputin

West Mifflin, PA

#35 Apr 17, 2011
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW....I am still waiting for the "disputing" part.
When you actually produce a couple of rational thoughts and manage to organize them into a logical argument to dispute, well then, I'm your man! But that's obviously an impossibility with you, putz, so we're relegated to dealing with the absud, monotonous & moronic drivel you do seem quite adroit at providing in unlimited quantities.
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#36 Apr 18, 2011
disputin rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
When you actually produce a couple of rational thoughts and manage to organize them into a logical argument to dispute, well then, I'm your man! But that's obviously an impossibility with you, putz, so we're relegated to dealing with the absud, monotonous & moronic drivel you do seem quite adroit at providing in unlimited quantities.
That has already been done many time, although it is hardly surprising that a shithole bum cannot recognize this. If you wish to review my previous posts and comment do so. I am not howver going to present them all over again for the convenience of any shithole bum.

As for your other comments they are as worthless as any shithole bum or the garbage that is produced by shithole bums in their worthless old shitholes.

Leave the production of steel to FOREIGN steel companies who have the technology and the competence -- You shithole bums do not -- and stick to the only thing that you shithole bums are actaully good for.....GETTING DRUNK!!!!
disputin rasputin

West Mifflin, PA

#37 Apr 19, 2011
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
That has already been done many time, although it is hardly surprising that a shithole bum cannot recognize this. If you wish to review my previous posts and comment do so. I am not howver going to present them all over again for the convenience of any shithole bum.
As for your other comments they are as worthless as any shithole bum or the garbage that is produced by shithole bums in their worthless old shitholes.
Leave the production of steel to FOREIGN steel companies who have the technology and the competence -- You shithole bums do not -- and stick to the only thing that you shithole bums are actaully good for.....GETTING DRUNK!!!!
We're the leading producer in the world of our steel products, and we're making good money! You, on the other hand, are a bitter little putz of a loser. So very sad!
Raspukin

Mckeesport, PA

#38 Apr 19, 2011
I think Rasputin drank his liver away at u.s steel and now is pissed at them, or he is a worthless scumbag, addicted to heroin and beats his black children( black from living near clairtonworks) We love your repetative comments you non-organized labor scab. continue to preach your hatred to the topix community, all of your followers lover hearing from you. Maybe well see each other at the next hall meeting dickbag.
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#39 Apr 20, 2011
Raspukin wrote:
I think Rasputin drank his liver away at u.s steel and now is pissed at them, or he is a worthless scumbag, addicted to heroin and beats his black children( black from living near clairtonworks) We love your repetative comments you non-organized labor scab. continue to preach your hatred to the topix community, all of your followers lover hearing from you. Maybe well see each other at the next hall meeting dickbag.
This post is so typical of these shithole bums aand why we need a better class of people. The MonValley will indeed be "some place nice" once their shithole are finally consigned to dyanmite and the wrecking ball, if only because these shithole bums will finally be dead and gone. We will have MODERN industries quality steel instead of their worthless garbgae, no more poison gas or dead bodies......and a better class of people -- WITHOUT UNION CARDS.
disputin rasputin

West Mifflin, PA

#40 Apr 21, 2011
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is so typical of these shithole bums aand why we need a better class of people. The MonValley will indeed be "some place nice" once their shithole are finally consigned to dyanmite and the wrecking ball, if only because these shithole bums will finally be dead and gone. We will have MODERN industries quality steel instead of their worthless garbgae, no more poison gas or dead bodies......and a better class of people -- WITHOUT UNION CARDS.
Ain't never gonna happen; but, hey, rant on, little man, rant on!
Rasputin

Houston, TX

#41 Apr 21, 2011
disputin rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't never gonna happen; but, hey, rant on, little man, rant on!
Since that is the opinion of of a shithole bum it is as wothless as the garbage you produce in your shitholes -- or the human garbage that goes in the front gate at every shift to murder innocent people. You have done nothing but ruin the steel industry and the MonValley by your existence. It will be no loss to anyone when you shithole bums are all finally dead and gone and plowed under with your shitholes -- after all the penalty for murder is and should be death......ESPECIALLY if you also have a union card.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cranberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Taste-Altering "Miracle Fruit" Is Party Favorite (May '13) May '13 hi peoplr 1
News The case of cranberry juice vs. urinary tract i... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Gretchel S 2
News Cranberry juice may help children's bladder inf... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Heather Palay 1
News Will Juice Soon Follow the Soda Bans? USDA Fina... (Jun '12) Jun '12 equalityboy81 1
More from around the web