Scientists Find Radiation in Food Chain

There are 2 comments on the NBC San Diego story from Apr 6, 2012, titled Scientists Find Radiation in Food Chain. In it, NBC San Diego reports that:

Giant kelp off Southern California --such as the plants displayed here from the California Science Center -- were found to harbor radioactive iodine after Japan's nuclear disaster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC San Diego.

BDV

Brookline, MA

#1 Apr 6, 2012
That's 45 I131 half-lives since Fukushima. Fukushima I131 has decayed 35 TRILLION times, and the source is 5000 miles away.

Might I suggest it's Kalifornea's own thyroid cancer patients who are pissing this I131 radioactivity in the environment?
koz

Broadview Heights, OH

#2 Apr 10, 2012
Other medical conditions are also treated with radioactive iodine, including medical conditions of pets, such as cats. The resulting radioactive kitty litter gets thrown in the garbage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Supplement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The sticky truth about honey 3 min mealexwar 1
News Felicm26572 updated Diets For Quick Weight Loss... (Aug '14) Apr 30 Anonymous 2
News Regular consumption of nuts reduce mortality by... Apr 22 massa 4
News Age-by-age guide to your man's health (Jul '13) Apr 14 Vib_Ram 29
News Yerba Mate (Jan '13) Apr 8 celsoluiz81 3
News Aloe Vera for weight loss (Sep '11) Apr 8 mathewsteven10 10
News 7 surefire tips for managing chronic pain 26 mi... Mar '15 its me daisy 4
More from around the web