Herbal acne treatments
Acne is a complex skin problem that involves interactions among hormones, hair, oil secreting glands and bacteria.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.
#1 Apr 18, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://x-generic.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
#2 Apr 19, 2013
I have tried burdock root for acne and it works great. The thing with using natural remedies like herbs for acne is that you have to consistently use them for a few weeks to a month for them to work properly. This post has more on it http://naturalacnemed.com/home-remedies-acne-...
#3 Oct 3, 2013
I have used pulp of Aloe Vera to cure my acne. It is exceptional cleanser. Juice of the plant counteract infection and promote healing. Split off a portion of Aloe vera leaf and rub the pulp directly on the skin. Use it as long as you have this problem.
Since: Oct 13
#4 Oct 9, 2013
10 Best All Natural Remedies for Acne:
1. Baking Soda- This is my absolute favorite natural remedy for acne! Surprising, I only discovered baking soda masks a couple of years ago, and oh boy is this stuff powerful at clearing skin! Baking soda not only helps eliminate breakouts and reduces inflammation it is also an exfoliator and helps remove dead skin cells. Because of this, it also works great to reduce any old scars or acne marks. To use it, just take a few teaspoons of baking soda and mix it with warm water until it forms a paste. Apply the paste to your skin, you may want to leave it on for only 10 to 15 minutes the first few times as it may feel powerful. You can gradually increase the time up to an hour or even leave it on over night (which is what I do). After one use you can see a great difference in your skin.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar- This natural remedy for acne is another powerful one, it has both antibacterial and antifungal properties. To start out, you may want to dilute a few teaspoons with half water or ¼ water as it can be quite powerful when applied directly to your skin. Make sure to use apple cider vinegar thats raw, unfiltered and labeled as with the mother, like this one, which has the most nutrients.
3. Coconut Oil- Coconut oil is antibacterial and antifungal. Coconut oil is also extremely moisturizing and gentle. It helps fight the bacteria and reduce redness. Apply the coconut oil to your skin and massage it in. You can reapply a couple times per day. With coconut oil, there is no need to ever use a moisturizer again, it works so well and doesnt clog your pores. For optimal benefit, use organic coconut oil that is unrefined; this is the one I use.
4. Tea Tree Oil- Tea tree oil is an essential oil and can be a very powerful all natural remedy for acne, as it is antibacterial. To apply it, mix a small amount of tea tree oil with an equal amount of water. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply it to your skin. You can reapply throughout the day or leave it on under your makeup. Where to buy it.
5. Egg Whites- For this, Im not talking about eating them, they make a great natural remedy for acne when used as a facial mask! Egg whites reduce the oil and minimize your pores in addition to drawing out impurities. To use it, separate the egg white from the yolk, use a cotton ball or you can use your fingers to apply the egg white to your skin. After a few minutes youll start to feel it tighten, you can leave it on anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. Afterwards, your skin will have an amazing glow!
6. Lemon Juice- For this one, you can either use lemon juice or a fresh squeezed lemon. Lemons have natural antibacterial and astringent properties to help clear your skin. Apply the lemon juice to your skin and leave on for 15 minutes to an hour.
7. Garlic- Not only is garlic a great natural antibacterial when ingested, it also works great topically. To use it, take a clove of garlic and thinly slice it. Rub the slices on your skin, particularly any problem areas, making sure the juice of the garlic is applied. Leave on for 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
8. Ice Cubes- Rub an ice cube on problem areas to help reduce inflammation. Not only, does the cold close your pores it also forces the bacteria out. You can also splash your face with cold water to achieve similar affects.
9. Cornstarch- Cornstarch is very soothing and gentle. This is a great natural remedy for acne when you have a lot of redness or irritation. You can apply the cornstarch to your individual breakouts or to your whole face. Sometimes I leave it on over night and find a huge difference in the morning.
10. Aloe- Aloe is very soothing and reduces inflammation and redness. To use it, apply the gel to your skin with your fingers, you can apply it several times a day. If you have an aloe plant, it would be even better as you get the aloe fresh, without any added ingredients. Where to buy it.
Since: Oct 13
#5 Oct 10, 2013
Try some natural ingredients for treating acne. These are known to be effective with long lasting results
Garlic (Allium sativum)
Rub your acne with raw Garlic (Allium sativum) several times a day, it helps in relieving the pain and also heals acne fast.
2. Aloe (Aloe vera)
The pulp of Aloe (Aloe vera) is an exceptional skin cleanser. Juice of the plant counteract infection and promote healing. Split off a portion of Aloe vera leaf and rub the pulp directly on the skin.
3. Amaranth (Amaranthus spinosus)
Make a tea from Amaranth (Amaranthus spinosus) seeds and use as a face wash. To make the tea bring 3 cups of water to boil, add 2 teaspoons of seeds. Cover and boil for five minutes; remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of leaves and steep for 30 minutes.
4. Neem (Azadirachta indica)
Neem (Azadirachta indica) is valued in Ayurvedic medicine for its varied healing properties due to its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral capabilities. For acne, fresh 5 leaves everyday taken in the morning helps in removing stubborn acne.
5. Lemon (Citrus limon)
Clean your skin and apply Lemon (Citrus limon) juice with a cotton ball. The acid in emon helps flush out the pores and keeps the skin looking beautiful. Another method using Lemon juice is to "steam clean" the face by putting it over a pan of boiling water with a towel over your head to trap the steam. This will loosen the dirt and oil. Then apply a cotton ball to remove the dirt and oil buildup. Use this method once a week.
Since: Nov 13
#6 Nov 14, 2013
I just wanted to tell you about a 100% herbal supplement that is part of a system I was recommended by my friend called Clear Pores.
I suffered from acne and had tried a few home remedies which eased the symptoms, but never cured it totally.
Within weeks I was seeing much better results and cant fault the system comprising of face wash, cream and the herbal supplement.
Anyway, just thought I would add my comments and if you want to know where I got it from, it was here:-
Since: Sep 13
#7 Nov 14, 2013
Apple Cider Vinegar
In my opinion this is one of the most effective herbal acne treatments. When it comes to treating acne you can mix approximately 40% apple cider vinegar and 60% water and place on a cotton swab and apply it directly to the skin. You will need a completely organic apple cider vinegar and make sure that it is unfiltered.
#9 Jan 26, 2014
As a 15yr. old girl (this was 16yrs. ago) I started Accutane from http://goo.gl/l9qLGH . After the initial 30 days of my acne getting worse I started to notice that day by day the acne lessened and the pores on my face became smaller and I didn't have to constantly blot the oil off my face. I had some dryness but it was a small sacrifice to look in the mirror and not see these big ugly zits causing me to feel ugly and self conscious. I also started to look people in the eyes and not constantly worry that they were staring at the state of my skin, or to go outside in the bright light and have people thinking negative things about me. After 3 mos. my skin was beautiful, without a single blemish, and the pores shrunk back to normal. Although I had the dryness that everyone experiences, it was SO WORTH IT. People talk about depression as a side effect, but honestly I was so deliriously happy with the results that I can say I was never depressed for even one day. After 1 yr. of being off the drug I started to get a few pimples and went back to the dermatologist. She started me on a second course immediately. That was 17yrs. ago. My skin has been perfect and flawless ever since. I never get a breakout. I shudder to think how my life would have been if it wasn't for this wonder drug. I would recommend it in a heartbeat. It changed my life.
Add your comments below
|Female and losing your hair? Don't worry h- her... (Mar '15)||Oct 16||hellen97||3|
|Healthy Ways to Deal with Dry Skin (Sep '15)||Oct 16||hellen97||3|
|Global Lactoferrin and Lactoperoxidase Market G...||Oct 15||Zika Research UK||1|
|What are the health benefits of butternut squash? (Oct '14)||Oct 14||precious21||7|
|Scientists should be careful with research on a...||Oct 9||VACCINES MAIM KILL||3|
|5 Ways Yeast Will Help Save Lives||Oct 7||Stephany McDowell||1|
|Fresh hope for acne sufferers (Apr '13)||Sep 29||Anonymous||11|
Find what you want!
Search Supplement Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC