China watches over internet cafe cust...

China watches over internet cafe customers in web crackdown

There are 10 comments on the technology.timesonline.co.uk story from Oct 17, 2008, titled China watches over internet cafe customers in web crackdown. In it, technology.timesonline.co.uk reports that:

All visitors to internet cafs in Beijing are to be required to have their photographs taken in a stringent new control on the public use of cyberspace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at technology.timesonline.co.uk.

Concerned Parent

Abbotsford, Canada

#1 Oct 17, 2008
It looks like the "opening up" of China is over, and the CCP is now "closing down" China in a new policy to ensure the absolute power of the party forever, and a return to the days of the culture of lies and brutality.

I pity the poor Chinese people.
Mirolyuba

Burnaby, Canada

#2 Oct 17, 2008
I've noticed that too; more and bigger lies in lockstep with new controls and crackdowns on free expression and association. It is the new policy of the corrupt criminal regime, apparently.
TuTuong HCM

Seattle, WA

#3 Oct 17, 2008
I am telling you guys, Commies country has no such Humanrights, Freepress, Freedom of religious.

The Tibet Olympic now belongs to the past, time to crackdown. Besides China sent melamine poison the World, believe it or not.

Remember these faked picture on Everest sumit http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/265100512...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3219/265017761...
Free Radical

Hattiesburg, MS

#4 Oct 18, 2008
You can't expect the Chinese government to allow people to learn and think for themselves, can you?:-)
Trevor Swistchew

Netherlands

#5 Oct 19, 2008
CCP rule from iron fist
Leonard

Beaverton, OR

#6 Oct 19, 2008
damn that is scary, even worse than what I thought,

no wonder I have run into a few programmed robots on this forum, maybe a few of the robots were just terrified to speak openly so just spewed forth the party line? a few others though were just brainwashed thru miseducation in communist schools

I feel sorry for the Chinese people in this regard.

I think it speaks to how CCP feels threatened and vulnerable so they are getting more desperate and more draconian in a number of their actions/policies

in other ways I believe China is opening up so as usual with China, it is quite complicated

China is caught in a dilemma, CCP has opened up more to join the club but in so doing are losing control cause more truth, freedom, etc. is seeping into the masses, etc

as a result CCP feels they have less control
Cap_Mon88

Shanghai, China

#7 Oct 19, 2008
Didn't need to have my photo taken. Its really only just the registration to a cyber cafe to show you identity and have it photocopied. Other than that there's problem at all. People in cafes still doing their downloading free music and downloading movies at cyber cafes. So you can do anything illegal there with no problem!

What human rights have been violated here? It's just a freaking ID request. I mean libraries and hotels also request for ID to process. I guess according to you guys they violate human rights too! Anyways its not a human right but the law (pretty much every where in the world is the same) to carry ID with you at all times! So if you see a police raid and you're not carrying you ID/passport, don't say its a violation of human rights, but you being an idiot for not carrying any ID!

But anyways nothing violates human rights more than the drinking age limit being 21! I wonder what kind of country has such a age limit to drinking? That's just wrong!
Avenger

Lynwood, CA

#8 Oct 19, 2008
Yep, China is entering the 21th Century of the Information Age with a 19th Century totalitarian mentality. This is an indication of China being always one step behind the rest of the civilized world.:)

Japan hosted the Olympics in 1964. South Korea in 1988. Germany in 1972. ANd now China is just doing it? hahah..

China always the follower of other nations' progress!
Cap_Mon88

Shanghai, China

#9 Oct 19, 2008
Avenger wrote:
Yep, China is entering the 21th Century of the Information Age with a 19th Century totalitarian mentality. This is an indication of China being always one step behind the rest of the civilized world.:)
Japan hosted the Olympics in 1964. South Korea in 1988. Germany in 1972. ANd now China is just doing it? hahah..
China always the follower of other nations' progress!
Using the hosting date as indication?..... And next up is the UK! I guess UK is behind China then!
Good Soldier Svejk

Abbotsford, Canada

#10 Oct 21, 2008
Cap_Mon88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Using the hosting date as indication?..... And next up is the UK! I guess UK is behind China then!
Nope. London hosted in 1908; that would put them a full century AHEAD of China. So far ahead, in fact, that they have "lapped" China. I guess China is a century behind the UK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Triathlon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yachting: Pressure builds on sailors (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tiko23 2
News College and the Olympics: Best of Both Worlds f... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bruce Tharp 1
News Vancouver Winter Games torch relay begins (Oct '09) Oct '09 RayH 1
News Golf, rugby make Olympic roster for 2016, 2020 (Oct '09) Oct '09 Wayne 2
News Zimbabwe to benefit from Olympic Solidarity sch... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Kelly Cochrane 2
News Canada's Evely, American Pfaff scooped up by Br... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Paul 1
Senior Games 2009 (Jul '09) Jul '09 Senior Games 2009 1
More from around the web