Spitz - once the star - upset over Beijing snub

Full story: RTE.ie
US swim legend Mark Spitz will not be on hand in Beijing if Michael Phelps breaks his record of seven gold medals at a single Olympics - because, he says, no one bothered to invite him. Full Story
Rhee Ali Tee

North Hills, CA

#1 Aug 11, 2008
The rumor really is true: Carly Simon did write "You're So Vain" about Mark Spitz...
Ryan

Chicago, IL

#3 Aug 11, 2008
Waaaahhh. What a baby. He's totally bitter. Does anyone remember when he challenged Tom Jager to a 50 free race about 10 years ago and he got smoked?? He lost a 50 by about 4 body lengths. And I love that he's moaning, whining and complaining so much, and that he's a motivational speaker. hahahaha
J_Cochran

United States

#4 Aug 11, 2008
OJ isn't bitter about his football records being broken. Consequently, he has switched over to the Olympic knife throwing contest and is really slicing through the competition. Hey, did anyone ever notice that the wonderful Chinese "Birds Nest" complex looks like a damned bed pan when viewed in all it's glory from a helicopter? Could there be a turd inside? Sincerely, Johnny C.
KCJ

Burbank, CA

#6 Aug 12, 2008
It's a shame he feels so bitter about it, just leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Too bad he couldn't be gracious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thi Ngan Thuong Do Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thi Ngan Thuong Do (Sep '08) Sep '08 Emilie Piggs 2
Hobson finishes in style (Aug '08) Aug '08 Melting glaciers 1
2008 Beijing Olympics (Aug '08) Aug '08 Hannah 2
'Daily Show' takes to streets of China (Aug '08) Aug '08 Umm 2
Beijing smog makes for a painful jog (Aug '08) Aug '08 Guy Smiley 1
Barrack live: Trickett, Schipper in fly final (Aug '08) Aug '08 tonyl 1
Diving partner Blake Aldridge blames Tom Daley ... (Aug '08) Aug '08 yup 1
More from around the web