Video replays in Soccer or football

Video replays in Soccer or football

Posted in the Scott Russell Forum

Derek Gavin

Montréal, Canada

#1 Jun 27, 2010
Sepp Bladder must go! or get with the times / Technology available to us all.

Video repay MUST come into play not adding extra official's, at the big tournaments how many cameras are there and all the angles.

I would suggest the following as a guide similar to the National Football League

1. At the start of a game each team has "3" so call time outs or video requests, each may be used any time during the game when advising the fourth official.
2. Once the fourth official has been notified at the next stoppage in the game the play and time will be reviewed.
3. If the play was correct on the field then game restarts from the point of stoppage.
4. If the play was incorrect then first time is important as anything after that incorrect call is null and void.
5. Play is restarted with the correct call as well as the time.
6. Team would be left with one less so call time outs or video request.

If coaches are smart these are only going to be used at important times within the game

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott Russell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Live Chat: 100 days to Vancouver (Nov '09) Nov '09 mohamed 1
News Ron MacLean leaving CBC's Beijing broadcast (Aug '08) Aug '08 Patrick Groulx 2
More from around the web