Video replays in Soccer or football
Posted in the Scott Russell Forum
#1 Jun 27, 2010
Sepp Bladder must go! or get with the times / Technology available to us all.
Video repay MUST come into play not adding extra official's, at the big tournaments how many cameras are there and all the angles.
I would suggest the following as a guide similar to the National Football League
1. At the start of a game each team has "3" so call time outs or video requests, each may be used any time during the game when advising the fourth official.
2. Once the fourth official has been notified at the next stoppage in the game the play and time will be reviewed.
3. If the play was correct on the field then game restarts from the point of stoppage.
4. If the play was incorrect then first time is important as anything after that incorrect call is null and void.
5. Play is restarted with the correct call as well as the time.
6. Team would be left with one less so call time outs or video request.
If coaches are smart these are only going to be used at important times within the game
Add your comments below
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC