Slanty Eyes Finally Appears on the Ol...

Slanty Eyes Finally Appears on the Olympics Scene

There are 2 comments on the Hyphen Magazine story from Aug 13, 2008, titled Slanty Eyes Finally Appears on the Olympics Scene. In it, Hyphen Magazine reports that:

Today was supposed to be one of those good Tuesdays, until I saw a link to this in my inbox: Oh hellz no! What are we, 5 years old running around on a playground taunting each other with childish nursery ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hyphen Magazine.

Jason7788

El Mirage, AZ

#1 Aug 13, 2008
pau gasol and his idiotic teammates should be kicked out of beijing olympics. how can you insult people of china when you there playing basketball? obviously he's just a complete idiot and an ignorant racist ! as a long time lakers fan, i would ask GM Mitch K to trade him, we do NOT need another racist in wonderful city of LA ! Asians made up of 30% of population in LA, that last thing we need is a Spanish racist playing for the Lakers.
Scott

United States

#2 Aug 14, 2008
People just sometimes do stupid things and sometimes it is better not to be oversensitive and let it go. One time when I was in China a Chinese person was trying to be funny and pushed the shape of their face around to make their eyes more round as a joke to me. I thought it was kind of amusing to see it coming from the other side. Anyway, I knew that the person probably wasn't a racist but rather someone who simply made a joke that was o.k. in their own mind. This certainly isn't something that is worth demanding a trade for. Have you not every done anything in poor judgment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pau Gasol Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Hoffarth: In the year 2024 ... an Olympic-s... (Mar '13) Mar '13 fukuda 1
News Timberwolves get 2nd victory in Europe, beat Kn... (Oct '10) Oct '10 bob 1
News Lakers owner Buss selected for Hall of Fame (Apr '10) Apr '10 Ned 1
News Spain are the European Basketball Champions (Sep '09) Sep '09 SkyS 28
News The debate rages (Jun '09) Jun '09 The Kid 7
News Making it to the Final Four is commonplace for ... (May '09) May '09 james 1
News Spain's Women's Basketball Team Also Posed - Sl... (Aug '08) Sep '08 Nautica Taylor 6
More from around the web