Issues of Age Seem to Follow Chinese Gymnasts

Jul 26, 2008 Full story: www.nytimes.com 15
China named its Olympic women’s gymnastics team on Friday, and the inclusion of at least two athletes has further raised questions, widespread in the sport, about whether the host nation for the Beijing Games is using under-age competitors. Full Story

Since: Mar 08

Caryville, TN

#1 Jul 26, 2008
PISS on China. China is not respecting the integrity of the Olympics.

The Olympics is not about religion, politics, agenda,...

It is about athletes from all over, all nations, all races, whoever, whatever.

China is hiding behind politics to hide their racism to the fact that they cannot win in many athlete areas so they ban those who are physically better than they are.

It looks like the Chinese are outlawing any athletic competition.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3 Jul 28, 2008
Hey maybe the Chinese got advice from Bush on how to lie to the people- sounds like they have changed the info for the passports - I do not see the passports as being valid to confirm or deny the real ages. But in the fashion of our own president - deny deny deny and they will believe believe believe.
I Told You So

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 29, 2008
In Real Time wrote:
PISS on China. China is not respecting the integrity of the Olympics.
The Olympics is not about religion, politics, agenda,...
It is about athletes from all over, all nations, all races, whoever, whatever.
China is hiding behind politics to hide their racism to the fact that they cannot win in many athlete areas so they ban those who are physically better than they are.
It looks like the Chinese are outlawing any athletic competition.
Entirely wrong. It's all about MONEY. Pausing for commercials. Olympics is brought to you by Peter Pan Peanut Butter and Lo Mien Leche Nuts.

Buy a Royal Rickshaw. Buy a Toyota.
right perspective

Dearborn, MI

#6 Jul 31, 2008
Interesting viewpoint "womanspirit"- totally irrelevant and off base. Can't keep to a subject? Or just an angry liberal cat lover?

China exploits its people. Everything for the Republic. People are a non-issue- we can eliminate you later from the records. Just another symptom of a corrupt system-and one terrified of alternate perspectives- just look at Tibet or Hong Kong.
Concept

North Charleston, SC

#7 Aug 13, 2008
Its just sad (Taken from Wikipedia.org ) "However, on August 2 the IOC stated that they would not be investigating the discrepancy in He's age, stating that it was a matter within FIG jurisdiction."

By the looks of this, it means that China has to do an "Internal" check on itself, yeah right. If the Chinese Government is corrupt, what makes you think their National Gymnastics Association (referred to as the FIG) is not corrupt too?

Moreover, all that the IOC (International Olympic Committee) requires for proof of age is a Passport and/or birth certificate. And who issues the Passports? The Chinese government.

The Athletes inquestion had their passports issued back around the start of the year in Feburary, this sounds fishy too.

I've come to realize that this is the dark side of China that I was expecting to see, just that I did not know where it was going to come up, and now I know.

And its the fundamental idea in a Communist soceity that everyone is to be equal, there is to be NO GOVERNMENT because the working class overthrows it and dissolves it, which forms a CLASSLESS Soceity. So why are there poor and rich people in China? They are not Communist, just advance socalist.
ann

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

#8 Aug 13, 2008
haiiiii
abe

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

#9 Aug 13, 2008
haiiiiii,saya nk duit Rm100,000 haaaaaaaa
arif

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

#10 Aug 13, 2008
haiiiiii,i have pele dengan burikkkkk

“In the Spirit of Crazy Horse”

Since: Apr 08

Pine ridge South Dakota

#11 Aug 13, 2008
right perspective wrote:
Interesting viewpoint "womanspirit"- totally irrelevant and off base. Can't keep to a subject? Or just an angry liberal cat lover?
China exploits its people. Everything for the Republic. People are a non-issue- we can eliminate you later from the records. Just another symptom of a corrupt system-and one terrified of alternate perspectives- just look at Tibet or Hong Kong.


So your point is that America has never exploited its people? We invented the corrupt system.
The Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Aug 13, 2008
womanspirit and rocgollyg obviously don't have the intelligence to concentrate on one topic. What morons. I am so sick of "Hate America" lefties, as is the majority of Americans. rocgollyg, America has only existed as a country for a little over 200 years. Many other countries have been in existence for thousands of years, including China, so the Chinese have much more experience being corrupt.

“In the Spirit of Crazy Horse”

Since: Apr 08

Pine ridge South Dakota

#13 Aug 13, 2008
The Truth wrote:
womanspirit and rocgollyg obviously don't have the intelligence to concentrate on one topic. What morons. I am so sick of "Hate America" lefties, as is the majority of Americans. rocgollyg, America has only existed as a country for a little over 200 years. Many other countries have been in existence for thousands of years, including China, so the Chinese have much more experience being corrupt.


And im sick of right wing knowitalls, Who think that your unamerican if you dont agree with them.
Read some history neocon.
wow

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Aug 13, 2008
rocgollyg and womanspirit are just idiots and should be ignored. Everytime Americas polotics gets involved into conversations like this its a leftwing retard who brings it up.

anyway the FIG is the federation of international gymnastics. It is not internal China it is basically the other countries that are involved in gymnastics and this is the organization that governs gymnastics.

“In the Spirit of Crazy Horse”

Since: Apr 08

Pine ridge South Dakota

#15 Aug 13, 2008
wow wrote:
rocgollyg and womanspirit are just idiots and should be ignored. Everytime Americas polotics gets involved into conversations like this its a leftwing retard who brings it up.
anyway the FIG is the federation of international gymnastics. It is not internal China it is basically the other countries that are involved in gymnastics and this is the organization that governs gymnastics.


Judgeing from the way you spell, The only thing that kept you out of high school, Was grammer school. Good luck in prison.
Ha Ha

Lewisville, TX

#16 Aug 23, 2008
Rocgollyg wrote:
<quoted text>
Judgeing from the way you spell
That's Awesome... Such simple Irony.

At any rate, does anyone care about the fact that there is a clear advantage for pre-pubescent teens based on flexibility and weight? That is one of the reasons for the rule...
LOL

Sydney, Australia

#17 Aug 24, 2008
Rocgollyg wrote:
<quoted text>
Judgeing from the way you spell, The only thing that kept you out of high school, Was grammer school. Good luck in prison.
hehe that's really funny! i agree =)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nastia Liukin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nastia Liukin nude ! (Jul '12) Jul '12 Cornelius 1
Back up again (Apr '12) Apr '12 Not alicia 1
Column: 100 days out, London awaits the Olympic... (Apr '12) Apr '12 halito 5
Gymnastics champion Liukin spurred on by Beijin... (Mar '12) Mar '12 think about it 1
The Olympians: Nastia Liukin (Aug '08) May '11 yoyo 42
Oprah Winfrey to Dedicate Show to Michael Jackson (Sep '09) Oct '09 shinningelectr0n 119
Obama to visit Denmark for Olympics bid (Sep '09) Oct '09 Joebywan 56
More from around the web