The Olympians: Nastia Liukin

Aug 18, 2008 Read more: www.findingdulcinea.com 42

Gymnast Nastia Liukin was promoted to the women's Olympic squad after an impressive performance at the trials in June.

Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Tyngsborough

#1 Aug 18, 2008
Nastia was awsome I hope I can go to the olympics someday
april

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 18, 2008
Nastia is soooo goodat gymnastics i look up to her all the time when im at a gymnastics meet
manyakNT

Yekaterinburg, Russia

#3 Aug 18, 2008
april wrote:
Nastia is soooo goodat gymnastics i look up to her all the time when im at a gymnastics meet
Russian gymnasts were always at altitude. It is a pity that the parties were not for Russia.
mae

College Station, TX

#4 Aug 19, 2008
Are those Chinese "girl" gymnasts really 16 this year?

“"Knuckle Busting Fun!"”

Since: Nov 07

"DC" Where Else?

#5 Aug 19, 2008
mae wrote:
Nope!!!
LuvMyKitties

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Aug 19, 2008
manyakNT wrote:
<quoted text>
Russian gymnasts were always at altitude. It is a pity that the parties were not for Russia.
She's from Russia, but she grew up here.

Kunming, China

#8 Aug 19, 2008
Stop whining! Lose is lose!
Speed

Carmel, IN

#9 Aug 19, 2008
shameonusa wrote:
Stop whining! Lose is lose!
Stop cheating....follow the rules.
Just like the women Chinese swimmers.....dope users in the past.

“It's about the American People”

Since: Jun 07

Flushing, NY

#12 Aug 19, 2008
Nastia Liukin is a amazingly great American star with her four-time World Champion, four-time National Champion, and first-time Olympic competitor. She immigrated to US at the age of two years old and she is the pride of the American people.

Kunming, China

#13 Aug 19, 2008
Cock and Balls Story wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop cheating, you rice eating slope. You might be able to boss around some crocodile hunting butt pluggers like the Australians as they are an inconsequential bunch with nothing to lose either way. However, all the kung fu in the world won't be enough to hold down a real nation like the USA. If you can't run with the big dogs, then best you stay on the porch. Why is it that in judged sports Americans always take silver yet in sports with definitive endings not left to the arbitrary judgments of pencil-necked geeks we always take the gold? Michael Phelps and Team USA basketball dominate, yet the little yellow bastards rack up medals in gymnastics, a subjective sport. Suki suki on a wookie, you raw fish chomping ankle biters. Take your little conical hats and shove them up your dim sum and then some!
Another angry whiner, pathetic. So this is why usa is on the lose. And you will continue to witness its future tragedies. As you are simply a presumptuous freak!

Kunming, China

#14 Aug 19, 2008
Lukin and Johnson did win gold in the games. So this time was the judges stupid to give gold to the two girls?
mindfreakorJabba wockeez

San Marcos, CA

#15 Aug 19, 2008
GYMNSTSROCK wrote:
Nastia was awsome I hope I can go to the olympics someday
me too.
Pete

Huntington Station, NY

#16 Aug 20, 2008
not sure about the Chinese. But I'm SURE Shawn Johnson is younger than 16 yrs. old
mae wrote:
Pete

Huntington Station, NY

#17 Aug 20, 2008
Just imagine US without Michael Phelps... haha...
What a scary thought to the US..........
It proves that China is better and stronger... subjective sports or not....
us Americans has to accept that we are second best.
Cock and Balls Story wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop cheating, you rice eating slope. You might be able to boss around some crocodile hunting butt pluggers like the Australians as they are an inconsequential bunch with nothing to lose either way. However, all the kung fu in the world won't be enough to hold down a real nation like the USA. If you can't run with the big dogs, then best you stay on the porch. Why is it that in judged sports Americans always take silver yet in sports with definitive endings not left to the arbitrary judgments of pencil-necked geeks we always take the gold? Michael Phelps and Team USA basketball dominate, yet the little yellow bastards rack up medals in gymnastics, a subjective sport. Suki suki on a wookie, you raw fish chomping ankle biters. Take your little conical hats and shove them up your dim sum and then some!
Pete

Huntington Station, NY

#18 Aug 20, 2008
yeah... I don't need to watch my TV to know if US is winning....... whenever I hear the NBC commentators stop complaining and making excuses.
shameonusa wrote:
Lukin and Johnson did win gold in the games. So this time was the judges stupid to give gold to the two girls?

AOL

#19 Aug 20, 2008
People so set on America being inferior are so boring. And "shameonusa" is no surprise. You and Pete have motives and are not objective. The US is on the lose? NO FEMALE GYMNAST ALIVE TODAY IS AS GOOD AS NASTIA, and if she was on the Russian team, I would say the same.

This mentality is quite rampant, and when people see a master like Nastia lose out on the gold when there was no reason for the tie-breaker in the first place, and also, on the beam, when she OBVIOUSLY won in the all around, even after some OBVIOUSLY suspicious scores were given to other girls, and after her PERFECT and MAJESTIC performance, a flurry of agitated activity happened and some little conference took place. Why? It was possibly one of the greatest beam performances in gymnastics history, what's the hold up? The difficulty? Bullshit. Or were the judges just as ignorant and inexperienced as Bela claimed? And other instances, such as when she should have gotten the gold on the individual floor exercises.....well, all this makes some people think back to this ATTITUDE that people like Pete and shameonusa and many others have, and question if THIS might be the cause of the scoring "problems".

People come to this forum about one of the most magnificent gymnasts EVER, and start in with their personal problems with the US? You have no respect for the sports or the athletes. Big deal, you don't like the US. What does that have to do with Nastia? Why are even here? Nevermind, I know. You are like a new breed. Shamers and secondbesters. Pathetic and laughable. You came to put Nastia in her place just like judges.

AOL

#20 Aug 20, 2008
Pete? Michael Phelps? That's it? And why do you feel the need to say "subjective sports or not"? Nevermind, I think I know.

Tennis? Wrestling? Swimming? Rowing? Fencing? 400m sweep? 100m hurdles? Equestrian? Sailing? Cycling? Shooting? Women's Gymnastics all around individual? Beam?(amongst others that should have been, and you actually watched the individual beam, you would see a VAST difference between the Americans and others and remember, those two girls have consistently preformed in that manner, while other girls were stumbling, falling and....getting good scores) And don't forget the obvious basketball, softball, and volleyball golds that will occur. There is much more ahead. Possible golds in soccer, the 400m, Doesn't sound second rate to me. China and the US are doing great things, as well as Jamaica, Ethiopia, and other countries, but continue not giving a damn about this, and on with your shame.
aussie from sydney

Sydney, Australia

#21 Aug 20, 2008
You yanks are funny.

I didn't know you are competing for England's title as the world biggest whiners.

Seriously it a bunch of games, that your crying over, not the cure of cancer that went astray.

This worlds priorities need to change if we going to get anywhere as a planet, also I think you should be focusing on the war crimes in your own country at the moment. Torture is illegal as a nation it is your responisbility to make sure your government is better then the animals they torturing. Maybe you should change your national symbol to the ostrich, the bird that buries it head in the sand.
michael

Citrus Heights, CA

#22 Aug 20, 2008
"CockAndBallsStory" ... how the hell do you live with yourself?

Kunming, China

#23 Aug 20, 2008
The judges made a mistake!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nastia Liukin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nastia Liukin nude ! (Jul '12) Jul '12 Cornelius 1
News Back up again (Apr '12) Apr '12 Not alicia 1
News Column: 100 days out, London awaits the Olympic... (Apr '12) Apr '12 halito 5
News Gymnastics champion Liukin spurred on by Beijin... (Mar '12) Mar '12 think about it 1
News Oprah Winfrey to Dedicate Show to Michael Jackson (Sep '09) Oct '09 shinningelectr0n 119
News Obama to visit Denmark for Olympics bid (Sep '09) Oct '09 Joebywan 56
News Obama to make in-person pitch for 2016 Olympics... (Sep '09) Sep '09 pinebeetle 6
More from around the web