Empty seats at Olympic venues

Aug 13, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Jamaica Gleaner

After the first few days of the Beijing Games, some cracks have appeared in China's perfect party - empty seats at the venues, disappointing crowds at the Olympic grounds, ticket scalping, a lack of buzz around ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2

“Man Bites Dog”

Since: Dec 05

Sunnyvale

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah I've noticed this, too - not just at trials and semis, but at medal round events. Lots and lots of empty seats. You'd think at least for, say, gymnastics, the government would've packed the house with home team supporters :-)
Diana BeijingTokyo

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2008

Empty seats happen because thousands of people around the world were scammed by fake agents and had been getting fake tickets instead (largely from a scam website beijingticketing dotcom, the scammer Alan Scott from UK should be burned alive! I can't believe this slip the detection of the Olympics Committee) which obviously wouldn't allow them to attend the Olympics. It is also sad because there are scalpters who bought the real tickets in mass quantities and tried to sell them in black market for hefty price. Those who wanted to attend, couldn't get tickets, and weren't willing to pay the scalpters. Also, China turned down lots of visa applications overestimating the olympics attendance. My parents for example weren't able to get visas because they said the visa reserve was out. Now that we know they still need ppl, we all may apply for another visa and watch the rest of the game if there are still opportunities.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Liu Wei Discussions

Search the Liu Wei Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Yao Ming's Asian comeback a mystery (May '11) May '11 Supra trainers 1
•••
•••
•••