To Russia with help: Russians one of ...

To Russia with help: Russians one of many Olympic teams looking at former US chief

There are 5 comments on the www.latimes.com story from May 25, 2010, titled To Russia with help: Russians one of many Olympic teams looking at former US chief. In it, www.latimes.com reports that:

When leaders of Brazil's Olympic Committee decided they needed to ramp up their program for a good showing at home in 2016, they knew where to go. When leaders in Saudi Arabia wanted a new commitment to winning more medals, they looked to the same place.

And when Russia flamed out at the Vancouver Olympics earlier this year — well, that country also called on the Olympic fixer, Steve Roush.

He's the same person who spent the better part of his career trying to make the U.S. Olympic team the best in the world, at the expense of every other nation, including his new clients.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.latimes.com.

“Ethically confused ”

Since: Feb 10

Culturally aware

#1 May 25, 2010
WOW that was unexpected

“Hope for Best- Expect Worst”

Since: Jan 07

Somewhere in Colorado

#2 May 25, 2010
Wow! How stupid. The wonderful West has stolen most the athletes and the Coaches from Russia which over a twenty year period ran out of coahces and athletes as they were all kissing the Wonderful wests behinds and not teaching or coaching the children of Russia over the past twenty years. There was a time that there were so many well-trained Russian athletes that it was a travesty for only three of them to be picked for each discipline as any one of 30 could do it. Now the wonderful U'sa and the wonderful west have 99 perdcent of those coahces and it will take a decade to bring athletes up to par.

I doubt that Steve Raousch can do diddly. Personally I think that Russia should develop a group of coaches and athletes who will sign not to help the wonderful west and remain helping Russian kids, and that they do not help othe nations like China or others and just focus on Russia. Then when they are ready they will get the job done.

Until then let the wonderful west enjoy their glut of Russian coaches. When Russia starts at the beginning and gets their own again, and the other traitors die off kissing the buts of the wonderful westm, they will come around to Russia trying to steal them again.

Personally, I would rather lose for the next decade as I get my own Russian athletes going than to kiss up to the wonderful west who stole everhting of value from russia, via human resources and is attempting to whore the rest of them to death in their depicable need for sex slaves.

Somewhere in Colorado

#3 May 25, 2010
Russia does not need to look to the aMerican RRauch who cannot tell them something they already know. The wonderful west took all their coahces and most of their athletes and the newest Russian winners have been swallowed up by the wonderful west especially the USA who greedily sucks up evey Russian coach they can get. Russia has helped China instead of helkping their own. They need to stop the western thieves from putting their hands on /Russian coaches. They should have never trusted the USa for one single second.

The usa did absolutely nothing to help Russia, but they HELPED THEMSELVES to every scientist, artist and olympic coaches and athletes they could get their grubby hands on. All the while bad-mouthing Russias and Russians.

I think any Russian can figure out what happened in the last twenty years, without paying a big fee to a rotten American like Raucsh.

And as it seems that money is so important than it is time to develop coaches with Russian money, while teaching mor loyalty to Russia instead of allowing the wonderful west to steal all and then listen to the wonderful west putting down Russians constantly.

Whatever happens, there is no way I am watching the retarded olympics with the theft that the west has accomplished leaving Russia high and dry. I have no interest in the olympics at all until I see Russia on its feet.

Somewhere in Colorado

#4 May 25, 2010
Now you know why the wonderful west wanted to break up Russia. Theft, theft and more theft. like the theft of mig technology.

Somewhere in Colorado

#5 May 25, 2010
And it was all to selfishly make themselves better and to leave Russia with nothing. And still they bad-mouth Russia and Russians. Pooh on that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Gymnastics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity is White Genocide Nov '16 68709klgm 1
News Russian hackers have been condemned after gaini... Sep '16 Jelly Belly Popcorn 1
News A bizarre rule will keep reigning US gold-medal... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Don j 5
News U.S. gymnastics: Who will be the final five? (Jul '16) Jul '16 Life Is Good 1
News Aurora gymnast Whelan gets celebrity treatment ... (Jun '15) Mar '16 Fart news 5
News Beth Tweddle recovering from neck surgery after... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Fart news 2
News MIAA Reinstates Boys' Gymnastics, Aly Raisman H... (Jun '13) Jun '13 leepsika 2
More from around the web