Underage China Gymnast Stripped of Medal

Full story: ABC News

The underage gymnast scandal that erupted at the Beijing Olympics is finally over, with China ordered to give back a bronze team medal it won 10 years ago.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Washington DC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 28, 2010
 
What about the East Germans who were using steriods?
Slambo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 28, 2010
 
Typical of communist nations to attempt any trick to try to improve their nation's standing in the world. And their tricks always make them look as foolish as actually they are. It's a shame this athlete was used as a pawn. But, she can tell the stories of how she competed against seasoned competitors and placed.
JJM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 28, 2010
 
I think the idea of taking away the medal is a dumb one. While it may be justified to set a certain age limit, due to "bodies still developing", it obviously doesn't apply to everyone. The girl who won proved it. With that said they should drop the age back down and then evaluate each gymnast individually. It's not right to hold back a special talent based on policy or standardization. I would have cheated to get my chance if necessary. People may point the finger at being caught. But it doesn't change the great experience for the girl. She proved she could do it and nobody can take that away. Time for the world to learn a real lesson about dreams.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 28, 2010
 
What about in Beijing? Those girls were 12 years old and the Chinese Gov. lied and said they were 14 and 16. Just another lie from the country that was built on them.
Deng

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 29, 2010
 
...at least she was the best out there, underage or not.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 29, 2010
 
Deng wrote:
...at least she was the best out there, underage or not.
Funny how the Chinese always pride themselves on their integrity and honesty.

Obviously, they are liars and cheaters like the rest of the world.
Deng

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 29, 2010
 
x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>Funny how the Chinese always pride themselves on their integrity and honesty.
Obviously, they are liars and cheaters like the rest of the world.
PEOPLE LIKE YOU MUST AGREE THE MOST HONEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ARE POLITICIANS FROM THE USA.

“BILLARY 2016 ”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 29, 2010
 
Deng wrote:
<quoted text>
PEOPLE LIKE YOU MUST AGREE THE MOST HONEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ARE POLITICIANS FROM THE USA.
At least they aren't murderers like the Chinese Government.

“Hello De La Muerta”

Since: Dec 08

Die Die Die Die Kitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 30, 2010
 
I have socks older than those Chinese gymnasts.
Deng

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 30, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

x0x0x wrote:
<quoted text>At least they aren't murderers like the Chinese Government.
We in China haven't murdered 4.5 million Afghans and 6 million Iraqis lately.

“Hello De La Muerta”

Since: Dec 08

Die Die Die Die Kitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 30, 2010
 
Deng wrote:
<quoted text>
We in China haven't murdered 4.5 million Afghans and 6 million Iraqis lately.
We in America occasionally execute executives. I wish.
Deng

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 30, 2010
 
Phil the machinist wrote:
<quoted text>
We in America occasionally execute executives. I wish.
In China Greenspan would now be gone; guilty; boom.

And, the drill rig explosion; never get away with this in China; boom, boom.

And your peanut-poison man there, selling poison peanut butter, still on the loose, still doing business like nothing happen.

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 1, 2010
 
Deng wrote:
<quoted text>
In China Greenspan would now be gone; guilty; boom.
And, the drill rig explosion; never get away with this in China; boom, boom.
And your peanut-poison man there, selling poison peanut butter, still on the loose, still doing business like nothing happen.
Bud, your first comment was supportable (Iraq, Afghanistan, although your numbers seem high), but this one is not.

You're aware of your own mining accidents? The 'poisoned dairy products'?

BTW: Greenspan IS gone! I think your news is about 4 years old?

BTW2: why does the headline para. say Beijing Oly's were '10 years ago'??

The 'press' sucx! Everywhere... that's why TPX is cool, when the disinformationists are not overpowering...

ZENjd
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 1, 2010
 
Deng wrote:
<quoted text>
PEOPLE LIKE YOU MUST AGREE THE MOST HONEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ARE POLITICIANS FROM THE USA.
The real image of Communist China will always and forever be, A town square, a college student and a tank! Nuff said.

“Ngali”

Since: Jun 08

Perth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 1, 2010
 
Deng wrote:
<quoted text>
In China Greenspan would now be gone; guilty; boom.
And, the drill rig explosion; never get away with this in China; boom, boom.
And your peanut-poison man there, selling poison peanut butter, still on the loose, still doing business like nothing happen.
Yet despite the execution of the Head of China's Food and Drug Administration for taking bribes that allowed bad drugs and foodstuffs leading to deaths in China as well as the initial melamine scandal in 2007 - there was another widespread melamine contamination scandal in 2008.

China executed two for their parts in that contamination in 2009.
But the same problems appeared in the same milk products in early 2010.

Not only was that a THIRD instance of the same problem that had twice been punished with executions, but there were TWO dairies known to be producing toxic food. One of them even used the SAME products from the earlier scandal - KNOWN to be contaminated that producers didn't destroy, but instead held onto to sell after the scandal had died down.

You can suggest that China's harsh punishment resolves such problems - but the track record doesn't support you.
Deng

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 1, 2010
 
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
The real image of Communist China will always and forever be, A town square, a college student and a tank! Nuff said.
Well that's what you've been told, above, now, what does an Independent Media with no connection to the United States Media have to say about a China that's getting better and better every day?
Monk

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 1, 2010
 
Deng wrote:
<quoted text>
We in China haven't murdered 4.5 million Afghans and 6 million Iraqis lately.
How about the 50 million Mao killed?
Deng

Chengdu, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 1, 2010
 
Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the 50 million Mao killed?
HAPPY MAY DAY! FROM CHINA
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 2, 2010
 
Deng wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's what you've been told, above, now, what does an Independent Media with no connection to the United States Media have to say about a China that's getting better and better every day?
No, the IMAGES were quite graphic!
John Law

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 2, 2010
 
Can't trust the chink.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Olympic Gymnastics Discussions

Search the Olympic Gymnastics Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MIAA Reinstates Boys' Gymnastics, Aly Raisman H... (Jun '13) Jun '13 leepsika 2
SC Gymnast Wins Gold at California Championships (Dec '12) Dec '12 James Eichenbaum 1
Jordyn Wieber stunner: "Quite honestly, it's ho... (Aug '12) Nov '12 louboutin 52
What do you think? (Sep '12) Sep '12 bestgymnasticsvideoscom 1
Vinnie becomes the fifth McDowell brother (Sep '12) Sep '12 shoreman 1
Gabby Douglas Relives 'Slave' Taunts By Gymnast... (Aug '12) Sep '12 Sheik Yerbouti 2
Gabby Douglas: Racism claims rebutted by Virgin... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Sheik Yerbouti 1
•••
•••
•••