Wide-eyed and wearing bubble gum pink

Wide-eyed and wearing bubble gum pink

There are 18 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Aug 7, 2008, titled Wide-eyed and wearing bubble gum pink. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. women's gymnastics team just marched into the National Indoor Stadium wearing sparkling bubble gum pink leotards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

debb

New Port Richey, FL

#1 Aug 14, 2008
why is nastia wearing pink?? what happened to wearing country colors? i think her outfit looked out of place.
Leslie

West Springfield, MA

#2 Aug 14, 2008
I totally agree!!!!! It almost looks like she is separating herself from being American
debb wrote:
why is nastia wearing pink?? what happened to wearing country colors? i think her outfit looked out of place.
Nelson

Central District, Hong Kong

#3 Aug 14, 2008
I think she is very beautiful about wearing pink!!!
lol

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Aug 14, 2008
America is about individuals and indviduality and the All-about-me generation of kids.

DUH

“YES WE DID.”

Since: May 07

THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS !

#5 Aug 14, 2008
SHE ISN'T AMERICAN SHE WAS BORN IN RUSSIA AND HER FAMILY MOVED TO AMERICA, ((TEXAS)) SO THEREFORE SHE ISN'T REALLY AMERICAN ..SO WHO REALLY CARES WE HAVE THE COUNT IN GOLD MEDALS AS AMERICAN THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS.
Rich

West Orange, NJ

#6 Aug 14, 2008
Nastia wore team colors durring team events
Then she wore her own individual colors durring individual events.
Rick

Staten Island, NY

#7 Aug 15, 2008
The Pink did not look American. She should have wore Red, White and blue.

To me she looked more russian.
Kar

Shelton, CT

#8 Aug 15, 2008
Nastia always wears pink. It's her "signature colour." She always wears pink leotards when she's competing individually. It's just her trademark.
mckenzie

Elmwood Park, IL

#9 Aug 15, 2008
you are great tonz alot and do you know central shcool can you come they?please

mckenzie
radski

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Aug 15, 2008
Look at all the people from other countries that live in America, play for American sports teams, and then represent the country they came from in the Olympics. Yao Ming for one. Nastia can wear her cute pink suit, sporting the flag on her sleeve (yes it's there). At least she supports the country that she lives in. Yeah Nastia! You rock!
Wonder Woman

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Aug 15, 2008
World competitions are really about individuality. The Olympics is a combination of individuality and national representation. Was she sponsored by Individuals from other countries, or was she sponsored by U.S. businesses? It is what it is, but PINK was a retarded choice while representing the U.S. in the Olympics.
karrr

East Haddam, CT

#12 Aug 16, 2008
No, she had no sponsorship. There's really nothing to read into it. Nastia simply likes pink. Whether you think it's retarded or not is beside the point.
If you all knew anything about gymnastics, you would know that Nastia ALWAYS wears pink. She has her own line of PINK balance beams. She wore PINK both days of nationals. She wore pink at last year's world championships. She likes pink. That's the end of the story.
LuvMyKitties

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Aug 19, 2008
The Real Truth wrote:
SHE ISN'T AMERICAN SHE WAS BORN IN RUSSIA AND HER FAMILY MOVED TO AMERICA,((TEXAS)) SO THEREFORE SHE ISN'T REALLY AMERICAN ..SO WHO REALLY CARES WE HAVE THE COUNT IN GOLD MEDALS AS AMERICAN THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS.
Apparently you don't know what it means to be an American. Apparently you think your ancestors just poof came out of no where and landed here. She's the American Dream. You're a greedy xenophobe who's only gonna take what he wants out of a "foreigner"
Anonymous

San Salvador, El Salvador

#14 Aug 19, 2008
Hmmm who's being a xenophobe here. It's sickens me to watch so much nationalism. Good god, you think that by wearing pink in an INDIVIDUAL trial she's unamerican? Get off your little high horse, her medals go to the United States, she's a gold medalist, and she's not even born american or has an american coach. And all of you go berserk when you see she wears pink? Be grateful a gymnast of her caliber represents your country, stop with that "patriotic" crap, which is nothing more than pure nationalism. I thought the Unites States were about freedom, individuality and making your own choices. With those comments you actually sound like part of a totalitarian brain washed state. Cheer for her and thank her for her efforts on putting the US on the map of gymnastics, don't take her pride away by saying that the US did everything for her.
kim

AOL

#15 Aug 22, 2008
please help
does anyone know that @ the gymnastic gala nite when all the medalist perform just for entertain, when nastia perform on the balance beam, there is a song playing while she perform, does anyone know what that song is? thanx so much for response
Johnny

Houston, TX

#16 Aug 22, 2008
Can anyone name the song that was played when she did Gala Beam single Event? Thanks
Barbara June

New York, NY

#17 Aug 22, 2008
Shannon Miller, Dominiques--Moceanu and Dawes, Kerri Strugg, Julianne Mcnamara, Shawn Johnson, and Mary Lou Retton all wore red, white, and blue! Even during individual AA--Mary Lou wore red, white, and blue.
Melanie

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Aug 26, 2008
The entire team wore bubble gum pink leotards when they were doing their training at the stadium in Beijing. The whole team! I think it's fine!

For Johnny and Kim, the song during the Gala was "Once Upon a December" from the animated movie "Anastasia." Appropriate, given that Nastia's full name is Anastasia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Olympic Gymnastics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aurora gymnast Whelan gets celebrity treatment ... (Jun '15) Mar '16 Fart news 5
Stop White Genocide Feb '16 7958hkfj 1
News Beth Tweddle recovering from neck surgery after... Feb '16 Fart news 2
News MIAA Reinstates Boys' Gymnastics, Aly Raisman H... (Jun '13) Jun '13 leepsika 2
News SC Gymnast Wins Gold at California Championships (Dec '12) Dec '12 James Eichenbaum 1
News Jordyn Wieber stunner: "Quite honestly, it's ho... (Aug '12) Nov '12 louboutin 52
What do you think? (Sep '12) Sep '12 bestgymnasticsvid... 1
More from around the web